Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Modified Camden supplied by PAAL homes

Page 2 of 8
Hi Raleighfarm,
Lucky enough for us this was a quoted job and got it all on paper on what we should have so I have followed Lysaghts recomendations on how to oder the steel floor to witch I did to the letter he addmitted he stuffed up by not using the correct paper work so we where supplied around 44 piers all at the same height when the shoul have ranged from 400mm through to 2600mm as our block slopes down hill he asked if we could still use some of the ones hes allready supplied which i can just have to cut them down to suite the sizes i need, the floor design was fully quoted and come in at $37,400 so I wont be paying any more he had the cheek to say he didnt allow for dyna bolts then i told him it was on the quote i think he was quite supprised when i showed him the sheet with the list of items there going to supply but yes time is a killer and well paid for floor three months ago and only have some well most of it but with the bits that are missing i cant biuld the floor, my window of completing the house just seems to get smaller and smaller every month, but on the bright side we have orded and paid for all our internal finishings so they should be on the way soon. I'm going to have a complete kit home sitting on my block soon with no Bloody floor but hey it could be worse.
Cheers
Heath
I have LOTS of dyna-bolts. The piers they supplied were supposed to be bolted to the concrete but because our piers no go down into the concrete, we have dyna-bolts, brackets and other things left over. Having said that, there was stuff that we have had to buy. We have not had a lot of success with dealing with our Kit supplier.
Hey Heath, Im so sorry to hear about the dramas you are having. I hope it all gets better real soon for u and your house goes up in no time after this darn floor
Gees
I am looking into the Paal Kit Homes.

You sure sound like you have a lot of patience, hope it all gets a bit smoother for you. With the prices that are on their Website how much more would you say at a rough guess would you have forked out for your project ( if we can call it that ) I would say a hair greying exercise if you have a bit of hair

Cheers & good luck.

Any questions you think I should ask before I take a look closer at their homes ?

Thanks.
Hi buildme,
It wiil all depend on which house kit you choose to build and what additions you want to add PAAL are really good to deal with allways helpfull on anything you want whether you want change things or add your own ideas they are very accomodating so far to date they have been just great with us we took alot of stuff out of the kit and found stuff we liked better just remember don't be afraid to ask the sales rep I delt with was Phillip Longhurst you can contact him on his mobile 0419 223 355 he's good and has alot of knowledge when it comes to what the house will look like when you do changes any way hope it all works out for you.
Cheers
Heath
oops nearly forgot to update,
Well finally got a confirmation from Lysaght about their stuff up new piers that where made recently are the wrong ones so they are making the correct ones no charge to me of course they are supplying the dyna bolts with no charge to me just costs me time as for my patience its wearing a little thin but its not the end of the world just keep plodding along the other small projects I have on the go well thats it for the moment not much else I can do too speed things up

cheers
Heath
Thanks for the info Heath

Early stages at this stage, trying to find out why Paal comes with all the inclusions and whats the catch ? and why others don't ?

They seem ( Seem ) very good, why doesn't every owner builder do it this way, seems logical to me.

Are you the only Paal OB here that has gone for it or are there others ?

Cheers again.
Hey buildme,
With regards to PAAl homes you don't have to take everything they will only supply what you want I only know of two other PAAL home in W.A one was down south in Mt Barker and the other in Gingin which is not to far from we are building and the Gingin house was externals only, as to am I the only one building with PAAL on H1 honestly don't know, and as for why all the inclusions well don't know that either they have been doing OB kits for around thirtyfive years but there internal choices are good in some ways and bad in other ways it's totaly up to you.
Cheers
Heath
Hmmmm
Thanks Heath.

I will get on with my studies on the subject.

Good luck and keep going.

Cheers.
Okay some pics of the so called Quikka Floor

What has arrived so far

Joists and bearers

The wrong piers whitch i am going to have to cut down to correct lenghts.

Offloading

But wait there's more! Still getting made
More pics soon.
Cheers
Heath
Well I have spoken to Lysaght agian and the correct piers well the ones that I am missing are to be made right here in Perth instead of over east whitch should get done a little quicker I hope but will probally have to wait till next month for them to arrive going to the block this weekend to make a start on the piers that I do have need to cut quite a few down to the correct size might even be able to stand some up and dyna bolted down gotta start some time, but still going backwards in the time frame will also fit shower and vanity to shed and have a sort of bathroom for DW and DD well time is really important now as DW is pregnant with possible TWINS ( more headaces) so have to make the shed somewhat more livable, well we are sourght of moving forward I hope.
Cheers
Heath
Bloody L Heath maybe Twins
Congrats ! Are you living in a shed did you say.
You might be going ahead slowly but that is a lot better than not at all. Keep on going ahead.
Congratulations Heath on the twins
I really do hope Perth company get these piers out to you asap so u can build this house for the new addition's'. We decided to go through a project builder
but kind of wishing we did OB. Looking forward to more updates

thirsty
Hello everyone,
Well finally got a phone call yesterday regarding the extra piers and they have been made and should be delivered tomorrow witch is really great but I am back at work so will have to wait for two weeks before I can do anything, but on the lighter side of things it's offical that the DW is pregnent with twins so yes more to look forward to in the future they are due around March next year so better get cracking on the build
Cheers
Heath
Twins!! First bubs?? Make sure that house of yours is ready and waiting, and that you've taken plenty of time off work
Congratulations
Thanks Bam,
No we have a six year old daurghter (dads princess) it's taken DW this long to convince me to have more so when I did agree to have one more then she said she really wants two more and I said we will see after the next one well she got her wish and I will just have to live with my decision of saying yes to have more, yes hollidays will have to use them up first the build then the birth.

Cheers
Heath
congrats guys on the baby news
and heath you should really know by now women always get their way lol
Thanks bingoshelley,
And yes you are wright women allways seem to get there way sooner or later they allways get there way but then again I do to after lots of argueing and complaining

Now back to this damm floor after been told that the peirs where ready it it seems someone got there wires crossed agian
and the peirs aren't ready they where being delivered to the galvernisers not to the lysaght yard so will probally get them next week
just would be nice when someone says they will be delivered tomorrow something would actually arrive instead of getting phone calls later to say there not coming

Cheers
Heath
barkersontheblock
Thanks bingoshelley,
And yes you are wright women allways seem to get there way sooner or later they allways get there way but then again I do to after lots of argueing and complaining

Cheers
Heath

Hey Heath, you got your shed didnt ya
Husband gets shed, Wife gets house
Hi thirsty,
Yes I got my shed well actually two sheds, and the house was my choice after a year of searching but yes DW says I can do what ever I like but the inside is hers, she wants to take over the study for he scrapbooking room I have said no so far I said she can have half but not all she origanlly wanted the thearter room and I said no way so may have to put in another wall to keep her happy I told her I would deck out a twenty foot seatainer for scrapbooking but that didn'y go down well haha!
Cheers
Heath
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

30/05/2023
Montgomery Homes KD/R on Northern Beaches

Building A New House

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has built with Montgomery in the last few years on the Northern Beaches? I don't see the see them around, as I would love to ask how happy…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum