Join Login
Building ForumEco Living

Wet (Charged System), sediment trap?

Page 1 of 1
Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for information on how to best go about putting a sediment trap in for a charged system? I am looking at connecting 2 downpipes to a new rainwater tank. Is three any maximum distance for a charged system? Would 20m be ok between the tank and the furtherest downpipes?

Any good information people can point me to for understanding what is required would be appreciated.

thanks

Lindsay
There are a number of threads in this sub forum that discuss and also show a diagram of a very effective DIY sediment trap designed for 100mm DWV pipe.

The available head is the primary consideration for wet systems, not the length of the pipe run. The required maximum flow rate should be based on the volume of water diverted during a 1:20 ARI plus a 'safety margin' to allow for heavier rain and wind driven rain on a sloped roof. When the head is known, the maximum flow rate applicable to the length of pipe plus an allowance for flow restricting fittings (tees, elbows etc) measured as additional pipe length can be determined.

If leaf diverters are fitted to each diverted downpipe, a supplementary low restriction inlet can also be fitted to the tank. This will improve the tank's water quality and supplement the wet system's flow rate.
Related
23/10/2023
No water trap in shower on a slab

Bathrooms and Laundry

If you have a floor waste, turn on your sink and put your ear down to the central floor waste and listen. If you can hear water running then they all connect there. If you…

18/07/2023
Ryobi wet saw C-125A blade size?

General Discussion

All sorted guys. Just needed to buy a blade with the correct bush. Dunno how to delete this post, can't find any help file. Cheers.

25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

You are here
Building ForumEco Living
Home
Pros
Forum