Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Manhattan 44 build with wisdom

Page 1 of 1
Hi, we have just completed our brickwork and I am not satisfied with the alfresco area. In the plans we had the column sitting on the slab but as the pic below shows some of it is sitting on the edge. I have mentioned it to supervisor and he said we will be doing a thorough inspection in a few weeks.

Have you made the progress payment for brickwork yet?
Yes we got the invoice last week and paid straight away. Our supervisor mentioned he did a walk through and everything looks good.
shuru81 you are entitled to recieve exactly what was detailed and agreed on on your contract plan. This error simply needs to be fixed, and any design and construction dependencies addressed appropriately. Please note, it is not the site supervisors' job to check for conformance to plan or quality of workmanship, despite what he wants you to think. His job is primarily to keep the construction project moving and your progress payments coming therefore he will tell you anything to achieve this. Unfortunately checking the works is your responsibility. Make sure every correspondence about this issue is documented in writing in case you experience avoidance, push back or other tactics. Keep them honest by sharing your experiences about this issue with other members here. Don't be persuaded to keep this private.
Thanks so much! I assumed site supervisor would check things. But we have an independent company who will come and check thing prelining stage.

I will wait till we do the walk through to raise it.

It’s quite disappointing but I will follow it up.
thanks for sharing this, were you able to resolve this issue with Wisdom Homes? we're considering them for our knock down rebuild and doing a bit of research on their workmanship and overall customer satisfaction so your feedback is reallhy helpful.
Related
27/06/2023
Wisdom home facade

Building A New House

Hi, guys! If you've built with Wisdom Homes, would you mind sharing images of your front facades once they're all rendered? I'm considering signing up with them for a wide…

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum