Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Hamlen Homes - Perth (previously metro homes)

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

New to this.

Has anyone else been through a build with Hamlen homes? (or metro homes as it was previously called)
Just a quick time line of events.

* 27/10/17 - Initial meeting / Deposit and Offer on land

* 01/11/17 - Offer accepted and pre-approval for finance commenced
* 03/11/17 - Drafting started
* 08/12/17 - Contract Signing

* 16/01/18 - Finance approved & Land settlement
* 09/02/18 - Pre-Start Meeting
* 14/02/18 - Planning Application signed
* 11/05/18 - Council (City of Stirling) provided feedback

* 16/05/18 - Plans amended and resent back to council
* 22/05/18 - Council request extension to 07/06
* 08/06/18 - Council request further extension to 15/06 for heritage requirement checks
* 21/06/18 - Planning approval granted
* 26/06/18 - Final Drafting Complete
* 16/08/18 – Building permit approved
* 23/08/18 - Site works Started

Have not really been too impressed by a number of issues that have come about since my first meeting (mostly are directly related to council rather than the builder) but I am pleased to finally see some type of movement out on the block.
Foreign materials have been found during the clear and I’m away at work so unsure if this is going to cause any further delays.

I have been reasonably patient throughout so far but can feel myself getting slightly upset when comparing where others are at in the same time frame (8 months after settlement!)
I’m remaining positive that the guys can pick up lost time in other areas.
9 months between drafting and site works isn't too bad... ours took around 11 and we already owned the block (had no issues with council either)! The most important part is getting it right - if it takes a few extra months, it'll all be worth it in the end.

But you're right, it does normally shoot up as soon as there's some action on the block
Things have moved along very fast! Very impressed with the speed now that the council issues have been resolved.
I got home on the 03/09/18 and drove past to find the formwork complete.
Went back a couple of days later and the slab was already down, Ive just flown back to work 23/09/18 and almost all the outside walls have gone up. Pictures in the link here - House progress September 2018
January 2019 Update*

Brickwork complete 12/10/18
Roof cover complete 08/11/18
Lockup stage 30/11/18

WOW how quickly and seamless the process has been so far.
I have an electrical trade so I was very eager to look at the work carried out and was very impressed with everything I saw on the walk-through. The supervisor for the project was extremely kind and was more than happy to show me through the house when i requested and then met with me a second time to allow a contractor to come through and measure up some shutters very last minute for which I was very grateful.

I was a little concerned as I had opted for shadow line cornice installation which from looking at some of the previous posts from other builders on this website has been done poorly many times over but the finish looks stunning im so happy I decided to go with this.

Very impressed with all the workmanship and the materials used are all of excellent quality.
Itching to see how its going to all come together now!

Updated pics attached - House Progress Sep - Dec 2018
Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum