Building A New House
Re: Building with Hamlen Homes - Perth (previously metro hom2
Aug 29, 2018 4:59 pm
Just a quick time line of events.
* 27/10/17 - Initial meeting / Deposit and Offer on land
* 01/11/17 - Offer accepted and pre-approval for finance commenced
* 03/11/17 - Drafting started
* 08/12/17 - Contract Signing
* 16/01/18 - Finance approved & Land settlement
* 09/02/18 - Pre-Start Meeting
* 14/02/18 - Planning Application signed
* 11/05/18 - Council (City of Stirling) provided feedback
* 16/05/18 - Plans amended and resent back to council
* 22/05/18 - Council request extension to 07/06
* 08/06/18 - Council request further extension to 15/06 for heritage requirement checks
* 21/06/18 - Planning approval granted
* 26/06/18 - Final Drafting Complete
* 16/08/18 – Building permit approved
* 23/08/18 - Site works Started
Have not really been too impressed by a number of issues that have come about since my first meeting (mostly are directly related to council rather than the builder) but I am pleased to finally see some type of movement out on the block.
Foreign materials have been found during the clear and I’m away at work so unsure if this is going to cause any further delays.
I have been reasonably patient throughout so far but can feel myself getting slightly upset when comparing where others are at in the same time frame (8 months after settlement!)
I’m remaining positive that the guys can pick up lost time in other areas.
Re: Building with Hamlen Homes - Perth (previously metro hom3
Aug 30, 2018 1:01 pm
9 months between drafting and site works isn't too bad... ours took around 11 and we already owned the block (had no issues with council either)! The most important part is getting it right - if it takes a few extra months, it'll all be worth it in the end.
But you're right, it does normally shoot up as soon as there's some action on the block
Re: Building with Hamlen Homes - Perth (previously metro hom4
Sep 30, 2018 11:40 am
Things have moved along very fast! Very impressed with the speed now that the council issues have been resolved.
I got home on the 03/09/18 and drove past to find the formwork complete.
Went back a couple of days later and the slab was already down, Ive just flown back to work 23/09/18 and almost all the outside walls have gone up. Pictures in the link here - House progress September 2018
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
StructuralBIMGuyAny builders similar to Broadway Homes (Perth)Any builders similar to Broadway Homes (Perth)
The problem is you can not and should not advertise homes that you can not build, that is "false advertising" it is illegal, not to mention unethical. "Caveat emptor"…
dreamhomzAnyone built with Hotondo Homes (Darvale Homes) Melton?Anyone built with Hotondo Homes (Darvale Homes) Melton?
Looking for some reviews about their quality.