Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dont think about building untill you read this book!!

Page 1 of 1
It’s great that you made the thread title generic. That means we can use this as a repository of good book recommendations.

I suggest everyone read this website before they build. It is free, because your taxes paid for it. You can also download it as a series of PDFs, and the entire website is text-to-speech enabled too. However, if you prefer a hard copy, you can buy it as a book online or from most book stores.

Your Home: Australia's Guide to Environmentally Sustainable Homes

I strongly recommend that people do themselves a favour and head over to forum member bashworth's blog at http://anewhouse.com.au/ for all sorts of great information PLUS he has excellent guides available for just a few dollars each.

http://anewhouse.com.au/
Call me skeptical but I am concerned about the motives behind Brooke28 posts. Only joined as a member on 25 August (yesterday) and all 24 posts are exactly the same - all about buying a book for $1. Normally injects the message in other's threads...
pbwhi0
Call me skeptical but I am concerned about the motives behind Brooke28 posts. Only joined as a member on 25 August (yesterday) and all 24 posts are exactly the same - all about buying a book for $1. Normally injects the message in other's threads...

Absolutely, but in this thread he/she has provided an opportunity. Take advantage of it and post details about your favourite book on building.
pbwhi0

Hahaha...yes, you are right. Another internet SPAMMER.

To report a post, just click on the three dots found at the bottom right of a post and some options come up.
Related
8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

9/07/2023
Would you do this reno?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Bought in Nov 21 at the height of the market (classic). Good area, atrocious floor plan. BUT has land out to the left-hand side that we can extend out on (see second…

8/09/2023
Can you cover up a window in a bathroom ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

No probs, thanks for the reply...

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum