Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Vancouver 33 with PD - Colour Selection Help Please :)

Page 1 of 1
I've decided to start my own thread on the build.

After months of searching the Internet, visiting display homes, speaking to a few builders and finding a suitable block of land, we finally put down our deposit to build the Vancouver 33 with Porter Davis with the waterside facade.

Our SC has been fantastic; often replying within the hour with updated plans/quotes and answers to questions or queries. She has even emailed us on her days off. Can't fault the service there.

We have made a trip to World of Style and are heading back next week for another visit. This time with a babysitter to look after kids. We kind of have an idea what we want in terms of upgrades, but want to ask a few more questions.

This will be our second build. We build the Lindeman 23 with M about 8 years ago. Whilst we have loved living here, we have sadly outgrown the space so thought it was time to move into something a little bigger. I remember sharing the many trials and tribulations on this forum back then and look forward to repeating the process from a much (hopefully) wiser perspective.

Will upload the proposed floorplan in a tick and would welcome any advice.

Cheers,

R
So here's the floorplan that we have come up with. There are a couple of changes that aren't reflected in the drawings, but we think we are happy with it.

Would love some feedback if you are willing to give?

Great plan Ryan. We are on our second build too after outgrowing our first. My only criticism of you plan is that HIS robe is bigger than HERS.

KatrinaH
Great plan Ryan. We are on our second build too after outgrowing our first. My only criticism of you plan is that HIS robe is bigger than HERS.

😂😂😂 If my Dear wife has anything to do with it I won't get any space at all. Just read through your thread. Looks awesome!
So for reference, here is the base plan unchanged

Below is a list of the structural changes we have made so far. This doesn't include the World of Style upgrades and changes we are planning to make. (There are a few…believe me)

Waterside facade
Extended grand alfresco by 4 metres
Eaves to alfresco
Larger windows surrounding the dining area
Remove rumpus/alfresco window
Change rear rumpus window to 600mm x2700mm
Soundproofing to all walls of rumpus
WIR to bedrooms 2,3 and 4 (remove activity room and provide larger bathroom)
Remove WIR from bedroom 2 and use the space for WIL
The WIL will double as a drying room as we are planning to put a central heating duct in there
Cavity doors to WIRs
Cavity door to BIR
Cavity door to ensuite
Door to rumpus room
Fireplace to lounge wall
Delete lounge window and provide two slimmer windows either side of fireplace
Entry door from garage
Enlarge galley window
Two extra external water taps
Cold water tap to fridge recess
Cavity door between galley and pantry
Widen ensuite shower by 100mm
Tiled recesses in both showers
Increase master bedroom window size
Extend laundry bench top to cupboard

Now it looks pretty much like this 😃😃😃😃

]
Ok.....so....

We went to World of Style today to look at colours for the kitchen and tiles.

For the kitchen we got the inspiration from the below photographs.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Basically, we would like to use the island bench from the first picture (colourtech, gunmetal-ish) with the flooring and laminex cupboards in the second pic.

Just wondering if that would work?????

Advice please
Contracts for land came through this week. We are off to the conveyancer tomorrow to go through them.
The land itself won’t title for another few months we have been told.
Kenshi123
Ok.....so....

Photo 1

Photo 2

Basically, we would like to use the island bench from the first picture (colourtech, gunmetal-ish) with the flooring and laminex cupboards in the second pic.

Advice please

What colour bench top are you going with? Are the laminate cupboards in a brown shade or more of a grey?

- View my blog at www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Kenshi123
Ok.....so....

Photo 1

Photo 2

Advice please

What colour bench top are you going with? Are the laminate cupboards in a brown shade or more of a grey?

- View my blog at http://www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com

Prolly go with lagoon as the bench top (white) and brown cupboards. That’s what we are thinking at least. Similar colours to the pics.
Had a phone call from PD this week. Tender appointment is booked for the 21st of December. A little over a month to go. Hopefully it all goes swimmingly. Land contracts have been signed and Initial payment made also.
Related
26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

20/04/2024
Colour Selection: Comments / Feedback

Building A New House

I am building Enfield 201 by Mimosa Homes - York Facade Link: https://www.mimosahomes.com.au/new-homes/enfield-201/ I did my colour appointment last week. I am looking…

28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum