Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Home building / construction timeframe in Sydney

Page 1 of 1
Hi all wonderful members,

We just deposited on our first land in schofields! Due to registrar sep 2017 though we believe it will take atleast 1 yr if not 2 to register!!
We are looking at home designs and liked a few designs from Fowler, Wisdom and Rawson homes.

From reading forums, it looks like Fowler's building process is too slow and it takes almost 6 months to get building plan approved and 2 years from the building contract/ tender signing and move in.

I would like to know your experiences on the time frame from tender application to building plan approval, and timeframe from building contract signature and building completion time. Please share your timeframe in Sydney.
We are thinking of going with a builder who has a reputation of building quickly.

Is there any poll/ data on this?
faykis
Hi all wonderful members,

We just deposited on our first land in schofields! Due to registrar sep 2017 though we believe it will take atleast 1 yr if not 2 to register!!
We are looking at home designs and liked a few designs from Fowler, Wisdom and Rawson homes.

From reading forums, it looks like Fowler's building process is too slow and it takes almost 6 months to get building plan approved and 2 years from the building contract/ tender signing and move in.

I would like to know your experiences on the time frame from tender application to building plan approval, and timeframe from building contract signature and building completion time. Please share your timeframe in Sydney.
We are thinking of going with a builder who has a reputation of building quickly.

Is there any poll/ data on this?

We are in the early stages of building with Wisdom. They are quite well known on the forum for being very slow though planning/admin stages but their builds tend to be quite fast. Most people seem to spend 9-12 months in admin stage with Wisdom (we started our tender on 30th Sept last year, we have signed off and are waiting on plans at the moment, our land registers in June but after council approvals etc we expect to start building around Oct). Most double storey builds are around 30-34 weeks once they start. Also relatively few problems during the build stage in comparison to some builders.

As we had plenty of time before land registers we opted to extend our tender and have slower admin rather than slower build once we have to pay the mortgage with other builders.

JeniferMarie: hi thanks for your valuable inputs! Out land is supposed to register in Sep 2017 but we are pretty sure its gonna be longer! Maybe next year Sep 2018 who knows. So if we get the admin process going and get tender fixed etc, are the prices likely to chance once the land is registered? (If the land dimentions, slopes etc change from the pre-proposed plan)??

Also wondering when should we get the admin process running? Not sure when our land would regsiter, even the trees arent removed yet! So far the land developer have only removed the old buildings! New streets are yet to be built. I recon it may take 18 months!!
Hi, i am looking for land in schofields. Is there any new land release?

Please let me know...

Thanks!
Hi, i think there is new release coming soon called "the valley" in mid 2017. They're probably located south of the Schofields road near the creek
Right now casamia and oneten are selling their first release in the Boundary Road
A few old releases are re-selling in realestate.com as well, they are pretty decent size blocks like 500sqm and these sizes take a while to sell. Anything between 350-399 sqm gets sold out even before they are on sell
Best of luck with your land purchase
Hi Jenifer, thanks force your inputs. So you went for Rawson's tender before your land registration. Did they do the tender based on the DA council plan and contour map?

If the contours change after approval, would they change site cost accordingly or is it totally a fixed tender er respectively of the result of post registration land/soil survey?

I am also waiting for land registration in july sep 2017. But looking at everyone's experiences here I think my land rego will be delayed by months, if not by years. Dont know when is the perfect time to get tender request before registration
We started a tender with Rawson, it took about 9 months for them to get to the stage where they decided we wanted too many modifications over a standard design and they didn't want us as customers. So that was 9 months & the drawings hadn't been finalised, costs hadn't been finalised & the paperwork processes involving certification & council hadn't been started yet.
Related
24/05/2024
MJH 2024 - Timeframe from lockup to PCI

Building A New House

Anyone have any ideas on time frame? - Our gyprock got delivered today and SS said it will be all installed by end of this coming week with waterproofing to be done a few…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

20/11/2023
Bearer & Joist/Pole Home Construction Cost

Building A New House

Hi Mrboh Just wondering if you have any BAL or flame zone issues on your block, as getting compliance with BAL requirements whilst doing bearers and joists is tough. Not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum