Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 1 of 109
Hi All,

This is the start of our journey.

Will add/update as I go along.

Here's the plans so far. (These plans were from the PC, a few changes have been made/correct and will be in the final contract)

Structural/Major Changes:
- Hebel panel constuction
- Fully rendered
- Raise garge to line up with ground floor height
- Ground floor 3M ceiling
- First floor 2.7M ceiling
- Adjoining Bathroom between Bedroom 3 & 4
- Powder room added to Bedroom 2
- Store/Mud room added to to garage
- Timber windows to the front of the house
- Upgrade all ground floor Aluminium windows to Series 300
- Cat 6 Caesarstone to kitchen island with 40mm
- Cat 5 Caesarstone to rest of the house with 40mm
- Added an Appliance bench next to the fridge with Cat 5 Caesarstone
- TV cabinet added to Family room with Cat 5 Caesarstone
- 2 Pac shaker profile doors to kitchen, pantry and living room cabinets,all bathroom and ensuite
- Franke sink to kitchen & pantry
- Upgrade shower head to Guest powder room & Master bedroom
- Upgrade toilets to Rimless toilets
- Upgrade freestanding bath
- Upgrade semi-frameless shower screen
- Upgrade under mounts basin
- Upgrade internal doors
- Added translucent glazed doors to Guest bedroom, Powder room, Pantry & Laundry
- Full laundry cabinets installed with Cat 5 Caesarstone
- Floor to ceiling tiles to all wet areas
- Actron QUE ducted Air-con with 8 Zones. To all bedroom, bathroom and laundry
- Acoustic insulation between the floors and internal walls
- Upgrade center window
- Increase internal doors to 2340mm
- Provision 1300mm Heat & Glo Mezzo has heater

- One other major thing we have asked for is to increase the outdoor/alfresco ceiling height to match the roof line (7 Meters). This will make the area more open and reduce the heat in summer and allow more Northern sunlight into the living/dinning areas in Winter.

Love to hear your input and suggested changes.

Wow, that looks so impressive! Always loved the Provincial/Bordeaux fascades

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
viewtopic.php?t=82846
Thanks Quirmeball,

We are hoping that it turns out the way we envision it.

Surprisingly there's not too many others on here building this same facade as us.
WOW! That sounds amazing!!

We are doing a KDR, building with Porter Davis the Vancouver 33. At the early stages now, got our world of style selection day on Tuesday which I'm really looking forward to, the bill not so much.. We have a build start date of April as PD were fully booked until then, I'm hoping there is no delays.

How have you found the process so far? Have you organised your knock down yet?
nikil
WOW! That sounds amazing!!

We are doing a KDR, building with Porter Davis the Vancouver 33. At the early stages now, got our world of style selection day on Tuesday which I'm really looking forward to, the bill not so much.. We have a build start date of April as PD were fully booked until then, I'm hoping there is no delays.

How have you found the process so far? Have you organised your knock down yet?

Good luck with your build.

We were going to build with PD at the start, but they were unable to make external structural changes so we decided to go with M.

PD's World of Style experience is so much better than Studio M from our experience. Our Studio M experience has left us with a very bitter experience of the build so far. That is a whole other story/blog.
Sorry to hear that, I'm really looking forward to the selection day and I hope it goes well as I think a bad experience there would leave me unhappy too. The worst outcome I am anticipating is the break down of a relationship when we can't agree on things
nikil
Sorry to hear that, I'm really looking forward to the selection day and I hope it goes well as I think a bad experience there would leave me unhappy too. The worst outcome I am anticipating is the break down of a relationship when we can't agree on things

My suggestion is call/attend the WoS before your appointment, do a private viewing of the options and pre-select as many things and possible before hand. This will help you with your choice as you don't get much time to decide on the day and speed up your selection thus speeding up your contract.

We found that Studio M didn't have as many options and would refer you to a website to pick a product or visit store. Ie Beacon Lighting or Reece plumbing.
Thank you for the link Renman. Will be following this awesome build. Hope your experience thus far doesn't taint the rest of the build. There will be ups and downs but never lose sight of the prize.
Corallake
Thank you for the link Renman. Will be following this awesome build. Hope your experience thus far doesn't taint the rest of the build. There will be ups and downs but never lose sight of the prize.

We hoping it better moving forward as we now have a new CSC.

How was your build experience overall?
Renman
Corallake

We hoping it better moving forward as we now have a new CSC.

How was your build experience overall?

Still going. Only got our slab last month. Frames possibly 23/01. It's been a long journey.
Love it! Can't wait to see it progress more!
Corallake,

I started reading your thread. Sorry to hear that it has taken you guys so long.

Our tenant is moving out on tomorrow, we can't afford to have the same delays with our build. Otherwise we will have to rent it out again until we get council approval.
I think it's great that everyone did something different to the pantry/laundry area. We stuck with pretty much the standard plan but in hindsight would have considered some of the clever changes people have made to their Liberty/Hampshire 45s, e.g turning the WIL into a toilet, making a bigger WIP or creating more space for appliances next to the fridge. It's what makes this forum so informative and helpful

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
I think it's great that everyone did something different to the pantry/laundry area. We stuck with pretty much the standard plan but in hindsight would have considered some of the clever changes people have made to their Liberty/Hampshire 45s, e.g turning the WIL into a toilet, making a bigger WIP or creating more space for appliances next to the fridge. It's what makes this forum so informative and helpful

viewtopic.php?t=82846

We were lucky in Melb that we got both the Liberty and Hampshire as a display home to see the layout differently.

For us we needed 2 spare bathroom upstairs because we have 2 young children (girl and boy) and wanted them to have their own bathroom in the future.
looks nice
Just out of interest, how much was the "Adjoining Bath with Powder Room" extension to the house?
dulie
Just out of interest, how much was the "Adjoining Bath with Powder Room" extension to the house?

Hi dulie

We got quoted $24,910 for it.

Got some good news from M the other day. They misquoted our kitchen island Cat 6 bench that include 2 x waterfall. As a result we saved $6K.

The tenant moved out of the house during the week, sad to see him go as we will miss the rental income
but excited that we can start the demolishing process soon.

Meeting up with the landscaper tomorrow morning to plan the layout of our design.
Great news! Hopefully it won't be too long before you join us on construction!
dulie
Great news! Hopefully it won't be too long before you join us on construction!

Thanks mate.

Lots to do between now and when they break dirt.

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum