Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Supplying own kitchen oven etc and bank loan

Page 1 of 1
Hi there

I am wondering if anyone know if i get quotes for my oven and dishwasher if these can be included in the construction loan to the bank? I dont like the oven, rangehood and dishwasher supplied by my company and i have found a different brand they wont supply that is more reasonably priced than theirs.

Can i get quotes from say "harvey norman" (as an example) and provide these to my bank for them to be included in the construction loan?

Why bank u can get 0 percent loan from the retailer itself isnt it
Harvey Norman has 50 months interest free (other do similar). Would think you're better off doing that than trying to add it to your loan.

Banks don't exclude them from building contracts, so I would presume that if you wanted to price them separately, that it would be ok.

But you'd best be asking that question of your broker...
Related
30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum