Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Floor plan help!

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys my first post here and I realised I miss typed build in my user name!

we are designing a new home and are stuck with how to fix the master bedroom w/ensuite so that we maximize space and reduce the excessively long hallway between entry door and bedroom.

Is there a better way to achieve the same results? We have flexibility to move walls if necessary but need a fresh pair of eyes to better organize pantry, master bath, bedroom, and walk in closet... HELP!

[url][URL=http://s280.photobucket.com/user/mummy101/media/image.jpg1_zpstdcmelah.jpg.html]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk182/mummy101/image.jpg1_zpstdcmelah.jpg[/url][/url]

Trying to post the picture....
Try photo bucket (can use photos or PDFs) for images paste the link between the img icons.
Good luck.
Ps you've also double posted...
Photobucket is the easiest way to upload pics
Ah okay I'm trying to upload directly from my iPad I will try photo bucket
based on some other suggestions from another forum we have come up with this!

We have flipped the bathroom to the other side of the room and combined it with an L shaped passageway wardrobe (walkway in Orange) the bathroom dimensions are the same and we put a sliding door on both the wardrobe and bathroom entrances. How does it look now? Is there anything else you would suggest for improvements? Any glaring red flags or problems? Our biggest issue with the previous design was the crazy long hallway before we got to our bed so at least that is gone!k

That corridor to the master wastes a lot of space.
What about something like this - sorry a bit rough.
You would get a bigger pantry, bigger master, bigger ensuite.

Your 2nd version looks better although I don't like walking through the wardrobe to get to the bathroom. Rest of the plan is good.
Wow blue steel thank looks fantastic! We are now working on kids bathrooms. I am trying to work your idea into the Plan. Thank you so much for that!
We have been playing around with the kids bathrooms and after suggestions from a lot of people are adding 2x in back to back and then a toliet down the hall.

Can someone lend an eye and see if there are any glaring obvious problems with it? Thanks

And I added the same picture twice! New one below

Whoa! Looks wider because of the entry. But it is still a 12.6x28.5m house... Flip it vertically to visualise it better.. That kitchen-lounge-library is a loooooong open space.. try and break it up.. Make kitchen as library and close it off by extending the foyer wall all the way to verandah.. You can use that as home theatre may be.. The family becomes kitchen.. May be you can split the current kitchen (future library) and place WIP near the verandah instead of near bedroom. The current library will become the new family with dining tucked between it and kitchen.

Convert bed 5 into laundry, your clothesline won't be near main entry anyway. Convert bed 2 into an awesome and spacious main bathroom with toilet inside. Convert existing main bathroom and toilet into a kids retreat. Convert laundry into bed 2 and office into bed 5. Move master bed up and move WIR to where your main bed is.. You can create a L shaped WIR if you want. With ensuite near it. Basically main bed goes to your current pantry and current ensuite.

This would give you an option of nice long deck in the front. Hope you can visualise.. Or make your kitchen as master bed and master bed as home theatre. You will have master bed opening into verandah. That would be nice and private.. Post a siting plan if you have, so that natural light and heat can be maximised... PM me.. I might be able to get you a scaled design 2mrw evng if you are keen. Then you can decide if you like that.

Sent using Tapatalk mobile app
Related
2/04/2024
Floor plan renovation help for bathroom/laundry

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is a very tight fit, I'm not sure if you'll be able to achieve what you've described. Would you consider accessing the separate toilet from the laundry? If so maybe…

22/04/2024
Floor plan renovation help

General Discussion

we need accurate dimensions as well as the number of bedrooms and bathrooms needed etc to make specific suggestions but, based on estimated rooms sizes, it could be…

4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum