Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Gillieston Grove - Gillieston Heights

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We are looking at the possibility of building our first home in Gillieston Heights. Does anybody know much about the Gillieston Grove Estate or know anyone who has purchased there?

Would love to hear your thoughts

Thanks

Kate
Hi Kate, we purchased a block at Gillieston Grove (Lot 111) & have just been approved by council to build which is very exciting! We purchased there because of the price, it's convenient location being 5 minutes from the new freeway, Kurri & Maitland, and because I work in Newcastle and my partner works in the mines so it is nearly a halfway point! It is in a low level bushfire zone so we have had to spend a little extra on the house to meet those requirements but apart from that we have no complaints with the area.
That's great to hear!

We are definitely going to build in the Gillieston area. I love the rural setting but being so close to everything. I work in the Newcastle CBD so it was as far as i would really want to travel each day and can;t beat the prices there!

Thank you for your insight. I hope everything goes to plan
Related
26/10/2023
Queensland ceiling heights - help!

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

We bought a house in 2015 advertised as a 7/2/2, 4br up, 3br down (7br), and to date, it’s a great house. However, we’ve just had it valued and it’s come in as a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum