Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

EVAP/ REFRIDGERATED COOLING. CAN YOU COOL SELECTED ROOMS?

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I don't know much about cooling but i was wondering is it possible to have the ducted cooling system and nominate which rooms to cool down? my partner and I will be building a 4bedroom home, it is not necassary to cool every room in the house..

potentionally looking to save on elec. bills and wondering if such a thing exists..

thanks
I believe you can but the unit is going to cost you a lot more.

We were offered the option many years back.
yeah i think it's called "zoned cooling"
do you think it would cost less to run as you are only cooling 2-4 rooms instead of the whole house?
It will cost less as long as the actual unit you buy is designed to be zoned and you buy and efficient unit to begin with.
There is no point putting zones on a unit that is not efficient to begin with or is not designed to be zoned! It will not make a difference!
Evap cannot be zoned - refrigerated can - we have refrigerated powered by 3 phase and zoned for 2 areas of the home - living and sleeping. My inlaws have 4 zones - so it can definitely be done!
can i ask which system you have? i prefer the refrigerated, now just need to find a make/model
Mine is Brivis - I think my parents in law have a daikin - i think daikin can have more than 2 zones
I'd like 4 zones as its only my partner and I or the next 4 or so years..

1 -Master Bedroom
2- Spare Bedrooms
3- Living Area
4- Study & Theatre

time to find some quotes
We have Actron and you can have as little as 1 zone on or as many as 8 in their ESP range.
As mentioned, evap is all-or-nothing. If you have a refrigerated ducted with only two zones you could just isolate one or two rooms in each zone by turning the vent off in the room and closing the door.
Related
2/05/2024
Brick vents to cool the structure and release heat

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Shade the brick with large eves. Since going to minimum of 600mm eaves on my build, I've noticed much improved cooling off the house after hot summer days. Can see the…

26/05/2024
Electric ducted reverse cycle (heating & cooling)-all zones?

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi All, Our current 16 year old ducted gas heating is broken and needs an urgent replacement and appreciate any advise from the industry experts to make a decision for…

8/09/2023
Can you cover up a window in a bathroom ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

No probs, thanks for the reply...

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum