Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

what skirting to go with tile flooring?

Page 1 of 1
what skirting did you go with tiled flooring? I heard tiled skirting with have a very sharp edges. what are the option of skirting.
We have tiled skirting with alloy edge, love it....
what is alloy edge? it is round edging? - do u have any photo?
CC101
what is alloy edge? it is round edging? - do u have any photo?

It's an aluminium strip that covers the edge of the tile, i don't have any close up shots but here's a shot of our study.
I'll try and get a closer photo tomorrow.
thanks for this info. how long do u have that. my tiler said that this edging get scratched. It that true?
Scratched? It looks as good as it did when it was tiled over a year ago, what on earth would scratch it, lol?
If it did get marked you could easily polish it, that's the good thing about it, it protects the tile and finishes it off shmicko.
thanks PaulMac. This rounded edging is pretty expensive though. At Bunnings - $26.80 for 2.5meter length.
CC101
thanks PaulMac. This rounded edging is pretty expensive though. At Bunnings - $26.80 for 2.5meter length.

We used 10mm angle, $10 for a 3 metre length.
PaulMac
CC101

can you please tell me where did you buy this from?
CC101
PaulMac
CC101

can you please tell me where did you buy this from?

Got it from National tiles, Bunnings and Dahlsens sell it for around the same price as well.
Hi CC101. How did you go with tiling your skirting boards? We are considering tiling our skirting boards and would like to know how you would compensate for the uneven-ness of the plasterboard walls when tiling. When looking down the length of the skirting board tiles, we don't want to see the tiles following the contours of the wall. And what does a 10mm angle refer to in a tiling strip?
i got tiled skirting in one room, did not like it, so did not end up getting it for the rest of the house yet. I am still looking at different options.
Related
22/04/2024
Clix flooring and skirting boards gaps.

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Is this acceptable in a new house build. Floors where installed by builder. Already chips in board and skirting is not flush

5/02/2024
Skirting and Floorboard space

Building A New House

Joe Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you haven't sorted this already you need to caulk this gap. Not sure where you are but if you are in Sydney I can…

8/02/2024
Skirting/Windows Trim acceptable tolerance/gaps

Building A New House

Caulking gaps that big will look horrible

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum