Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Determining the fall of my land

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

Received my final site costs today and saw an unexpected price in there. I was under the impression that the fall of my land is approx 100mm ( As shown in pic below ). And our standard inclusions for Site costs says "Maximum fall of land up to 300mm over building area based on a 60/40 cut / fill ratio" . So I assumed that I am covered. But the final site cost has an additional 4K to 'Provide Cut and Fill to a R.L 100.3 to create level building platform".
Is this justified? Or can I challenge the builder for this cost?

Thanks guys
Raj

From your drawing you have 300mm crossfall.

As the builders quote didn't specify in which direction (and most wouldn't) it would seem to me the extra cost is justified.
. Thanks bashworth. Was a bit surprised as the fall doesnt look that much when I look at the land.

Just out of curiosity, how do we measure the fall from the pic? Do we just add those numbers across the lines ?? 100.6+100.4+100.2 ??
These lines shows height in meters based on an arbitrary reference level. On your drawing the reference level is 100.0 (marked RL). The height difference between adjacent lines is 200 mm.

You have to subtract the numbers to know the fall. For instance on the rear side you have 100.64 (left side) minus 99.98 (right side) = 0.66 m (660 mm) fall from left to right.

Your cut/fill will be over the 300 mm allowance so the extra cost is normal.

DKP
Thanks DKP and bashworth. This is so much clear now. saved me a futile argument with my CSC
Related
29/07/2023
ceiling dampness: determining source and fix

General Discussion

What heating/cooling are you using.

2/10/2023
Fall in Shower Floor

Bathrooms and Laundry

Thank you Splashers. Tomorrow I might check if I can get a few packs of 300x300 in the same tile finish. It may be good to use these could in the shower recesses. I'm not…

11/11/2023
Slab fall away

Landscape & Garden Design

I've got a challenge here. Background is the builder has cut too deep for the slab and the slab is now below the very substantial retaining wall. It's failed occupancy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum