Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sherridon/Abey/AHB Homes - Is any one else having problems?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I'm having a few issues with Sherridon Homes in terms of some poor workmanship, in particular terrible brickwork, as well as may other things that have been listed as completed, but do not meet BCA.

I engaged a building inspector who came very highly recommended as an industry leader. His report had some major items identified as deficient. I passed this onto the site supervisor, who initially was very cooperative in meeting with me on site to discuss the report. I requested a written response from him, and since then have had no contact from him, even though I have tried many times to contact him

I was wondering if anyone else has had or is having a bad experience with this builder?
Haven't had any problems yet as I'm still waiting for title. However, I am interested to hear how you go with getting the problems resolved. Are Sherridon being co-operative about it? Also, what kind of brick problems are you having? Is it so bad the wall needs to be pulled down?

Cheers.
Hey JB82,

Have new supervisor who seems eager to sort out issues, as well as have been dealing with construction manager, who has been very cooperative also,

Make sure you are very thorough in checking the work completed as they use some very poor trades, eg, bricks and plaster in particular, know the bca and make sure all work is completed to standard. The plumber they have on mine is peatlings and they are unreliable and lazy. in fact F***ing sh1thouse is how i would describe them. DO NOT let them use these plumbers, or you will be waiting and nagging for completion of work.

Hope you have a better experience than I have as I could only say the last few months have been nothing short of a complete f**k up for me
Thanks for the heads up. I'm hiring a building inspector to take care of most of that stuff for me (hopefully.) Do you know the name of the brick layers? If there is one thing I'm going to be really picky about, it will be the brick work........

Regards,

JB
We have really bad experience building a Home&Land package with Sherridon Home. Project delayed. No Communications and the worst thing was they early invoicing, so the stage of the building has not complete and inspect, but they had send request for payment to take advance of the money in hand. One stage we were in the process to clarify with them, and they charged the late payment of 18%. That's really bad! and getting profit that way.
Related
22/10/2023
Weird older Shower Unit, Does Any one know anything about it

Bathrooms and Laundry

I had an old shower unit that broke on me and when I took it off, there were only 2 water pipes, instead of the normal 2 water pipes and a shower head pipe. S o I…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum