Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New homer

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,
wanted some yer valuable inputs..
been hanging arnd this forum quit some time now for valuable info..
ive just purchased (not yet though settlement date is 10 days away) land in doreen @ plenty river estate (block 93) and looking around for builders, decided with zuccala first but opted out after reading some posts and first hand experience from my aunt herself.

finally decided with simonds.. stirling 2400.. already paid 1500 for site costing.. waiting for them to get back.. i read some topics with users having issues with simonds (dated a yr back).. just wondering if anyone here has still encountered problems with them lately? I'm pretty confused now..

Other questions include:
1: if i go ahead with the soil testing, and need to back out for some reason, do i have the right to ask for the soil testing report?
2: When finalizing the house, what are the points that i should be aware of and can take advantage of?
3: Anyone here bargained or gotten more for what they are paying with simonds? I know local builders are flexible and can include upgrades at no extra cost (P.S: i feel pretty embarrased when i comes to bargaining)

Any inputs are much appreciated.. I will keep you guys updated..

--just wondering.. do i have any neighbours arnd here?
dirtbag
(P.S: i feel pretty embarrased when i comes to bargaining)

I used to be super embarrassed. I'm no expert haggler these days but I do much better than I used to
"Negotiate this!" by Herb Cohen helps a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/Negotiate-This-Ca ... 0446529737

To get some practice and to get over the "fear factor", for about 6 months after reading the book I asked for a discount every time I paid for anything. Clothings shops. Sports stores. Pharmacies. Absolutely everywhere.
With my builder I paid for the soil testing/engineering and they always said that was mine to keep,
and they did send it when I asked for it. The question is will another builder use this soil testing/engineering
and from my experience of a couple of phone calls the answer is no.
@virgin builder
just picked up a copy.. lets hope it helps
dirtbag
@virgin builder
just picked up a copy.. lets hope it helps

I feel flattered
Hopefully it will live up to the expectation
Related
21/06/2023
New Pergola

Outdoor Living

Is there a building permit? RU in Victoria? What is the value of the building contract?

29/06/2023
Installing a new shower do l need a plumber

Bathrooms and Laundry

Ask yourself if the insurance company will be aware of the Reno.

26/06/2023
New House

Building A New House

Yes well there solution is to blame everyone else while I a 65yr old woman with major medical problems have to just continue to boil water and wash myself in a bucket…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum