Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is our Sales Consultant about to overcharge us?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I'm not too sure how the cost of floor tiles is calculated, but I have a feeling that the sales consultants has overcharged us for the floor tiles.

This is my floorplan, http://porterdavis.com.au/content/House ... rdot29.pdf

We have the intention of having tiles in,

Master Bedroom, Corridors, Study, Lounge, Kitchen, Rumpus, and Family room (Basically floor tiles everywhere except Beds 2,3 and 4.).

The sales consultant calculated the cost for the tiles and came up with $11,855 figure, excluding the promotions.

Doing my calculations,

Area (sqm)
Master Bedroom: 15.36 sqm
Lounge: 19.38 sqm
Meals: 8.36 sqm
Family: 24.42 sqm
Rumpus: 17.55 sqm
Study: 10.85 sqm

The total area is : ~100 sqm

The Sales Consultant said that the floor tiles are $79/sqm, so the total becomes $7,900, plus ~$1000 for the corridors to make a total of ~$9,000.
This is all below the $11,855 figure provided by PD

I will be meeting him again and will get him to explain that to me, but it'd be appreciated if you could highlight this issue for me.

Regards
iTalk
Hi all,

I'm not too sure how the cost of floor tiles is calculated, but I have a feeling that the sales consultants has overcharged us for the floor tiles.

This is my floorplan, http://porterdavis.com.au/content/House ... rdot29.pdf

We have the intention of having tiles in,

Master Bedroom, Corridors, Study, Lounge, Kitchen, Rumpus, and Family room (Basically floor tiles everywhere except Beds 2,3 and 4.).

The sales consultant calculated the cost for the tiles and came up with $11,855 figure, excluding the promotions.

Doing my calculations,

Area (sqm)
Master Bedroom: 15.36 sqm
Lounge: 19.38 sqm
Meals: 8.36 sqm
Family: 24.42 sqm
Rumpus: 17.55 sqm
Study: 10.85 sqm

The total area is : ~100 sqm

The Sales Consultant said that the floor tiles are $79/sqm, so the total becomes $7,900, plus ~$1000 for the corridors to make a total of ~$9,000.
This is all below the $11,855 figure provided by PD

I will be meeting him again and will get him to explain that to me, but it'd be appreciated if you could highlight this issue for me.

Regards

I suspect the difference in figures is for labour + profit. Why are you having tiles in the master bedroom if you don't mind me asking? and also why the rumpus room?

Cheers!
the price is about right - henley wanted to charge us $6100 to do entry, kitchen, dining and family room in tiles so we decided to do it ourselves after settlement!
We went through the same thing.

We went out and got sales quotes from tile shops before going for our consultation. We found that getting the flooring done with the builder is indeed more expensive. But we thought that we did not want to go through the hassle of looking for a tradie and doing the tiles after handover. So you have to weigh the pros and cons aside from the price difference. Also, its not like there's always a tradie out there who's waiting to do your tiles so there could also be a scheduling issue.
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum