Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building on a Block with Large Frontage

Page 1 of 1
Hello All,
We are close to putting in a deposit for a block of Land (800 sqm) which we really like.
The block has a down slope of around 5 m with a large frontage (Approximately 33 m). We really like the block as it provides magnificent views from all sides. The block is odd shaped though as the rear fence would be just around 16 m.
The left boundary is 30 m and Right boundary is 40 m in length.
Just wondering if anyone has built on a similar block with a large frontage and any ideas where we can look for inspiration.

I may go to an architect soon but was looking for some inspirations and guidance from the forum, if a house with a large facade and a smaller rear would look good. We really want to build our dream home and so would want to build a bigger house but really confused on how it will look.
We would also want a double storey house, even though we can have a single level stepped house built on the block.

Thanks in advance.
suku18
Hello All,
We are close to putting in a deposit for a block of Land (800 sqm) which we really like.
The block has a down slope of around 5 m with a large frontage (Approximately 33 m). We really like the block as it provides magnificent views from all sides. The block is odd shaped though as the rear fence would be just around 16 m.
Just wondering if anyone has built on a similar block with a large frontage and any ideas where we can look for inspiration.

I may go to an architect soon but was looking for some inspirations and guidance from the forum, if a house with a large facade and a smaller rear would look good. We really want to build our dream home and so would want to build a bigger house but really confused on how it will look.
We would also want a double storey house, even though we can have a single level stepped house built on the block.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Suku

Your site sounds very similar to my own which I built in 2019. I have a 34m frontage.

If you are in Sydney I would be happy to show you otherwise if you PM your email I can send you some photos

Cheers

Simeon
Ashington Homes
suku18
Hello All,

Thanks in advance.

Hi Suku

Your site sounds very similar to my own which I built in 2019. I have a 34m frontage.

If you are in Sydney I would be happy to show you otherwise if you PM your email I can send you some photos

Cheers

Simeon

Thanks a lot Simeon,
I have messaged you.
We built something similar proportions on 600m2 albeit on a corner block
32m wide block and roughly 24m wide home.

I'd suggest looking at spec home acreage designs and scaling back where required for some inspiration
jas25t
We built something similar proportions on 600m2 albeit on a corner block
32m wide block and roughly 24m wide home.

I'd suggest looking at spec home acreage designs and scaling back where required for some inspiration

Thanks. this looks really nice.
Related
1/05/2024
House Designs making use of wide (~ 20m) frontage

Building A New House

Yes, Im following your Lindfield build, looks amazing.

2/07/2023
Ballpark figure to convert large WIL to small WC ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

consider putting in wall WC instead of robe in the same bedroom, then it might be doable to hook up to the existing piping.

18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum