Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

House wrap and Hebel installation

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

See some photos attached showing the Hebel installation in progress.

A few first-floor frame areas are not wrapped including the outdoor timber post, top frame, etc, Is that normal. ? I am concerned before Hebel, those to be fully wrapped.

Also, see that the steel bars are installed on the bottom plate. Is that enough support?
Some gaps are in the steel plate and frame only hanging from the nails. Bit confused about what to do.

Any advise?

Thanks

Seriously, has your building inspector not queried that with your builder?
Looks like they have used some top hat section from the scrap bin.
OT, If the fixing TH section isn't square, level, secure, screws properly fixed etc The cladding is going to crack
If your lucky he'll come around during the maintenance period and patch it, after that he'll stop coming.
Then its your bad luck. once you've made the stage progress payment you've accepted it
Back to the first line what else is defective/not fit for purpose?
Goodluck
What does your builder say about the works?
Tell your builder to sign up for cladding remediation classes,
BTW no need to help wa engineers to upskill we know how to fix cladding (humour) here
Engineers Australia and Office of NSW Building Commissioner join forces to fix cladding

Cheers
Chris
Thanks, the builder going to rectify those. Timber post is not to be wrapped as it's not linked to habitual space they say
I am building with a well known project builder (M), we had worse than this. nearly half the house panels pulled off, frame straightened, new top hats. new panels,

Articulation joints had top hats running through etc.

If you are building Hebel with a vol builder its real easy to cover up poor work like this
I notice the new home sales spin doctors have started promoting net zero carbon homes.
As if battlers and punters are going to switch to saving the planet, Lol, and nobody cares that my house -> greatest investment is falling apart.
OT, I guess you are not paying enough for Sh!t Boxes, so they need to add another layer of costs.... go figure (humour)
Related
1/11/2023
House wall wrap

General Discussion

Vapour permeable wraps are recommended for any climate and main think it is allow walls to breath (i.e. remove water vapour) while at the same time, providing protection…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum