Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Integrale Homes - Won't honour Price Freeze or refund

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Hoping to get some advice with my new home build with Integrale Homes.

I provided Integrale Homes a deposit for the purposes of locking in the base price of my home, at the strong encouragement of one of their sale representatives. They stated that their prices were going up in a day and I needed to do it before they closed their office that day. Now months later, they are refusing to honour the locked in base price, stating they will lose money on the build. They emailed me a copy of the contract showing a disclaimer saying they can end the contract if they wish and they don't have to refund me the deposit if they already spent the money. They haven't done any soil tests or surveying. They have done some basic drafting. They are stating they have used up all the $3,500 deposit and are offering me nothing back. They state any drafting done remains their property (apparently also in their standard contract).

I feel betrayed because the sales consultant repeatedly stated that the home met the criteria for the price lock in. That's the only reason I gave the deposit. Now they will only build the home if I pay around 70k more (for the same plan). They aren't willing to negotiate, so I either walk away with $3,500 less and no plans, or pay significantly more and have it built.

They are advertising their Integrale Homes prize freeze everywhere on the Sunshine Coast, and I just wonder how many more people have fallen for this trap as well

If anyone has advice on how I could get my money back it would be greatly appreciated

Or know what legal avenues I could take in Queensland without spending a lot of money?
Ahh, I remember the good old days when you could rush down to the ford and holden dealer and lock in a car before the price increase.
Sounds Familiar? They cleaned up the car industry around the time Suckers was released.
Unfortunately, no such luck with the new housing Industry.... There's very little consumer protection and NO REFUND
ie caveat emper ( buyer beware)
Next time around have your own design and engineering and get 3 Quotes at the first sign that the figures don't add up ....run out the door
Enjoy the movie as it was a real eye opener to those outside the industry back in it's day, LOL the sex and drugs was an added variation (humour)
SunshineCoast
Hi everyone,

Hoping to get some advice with my new home build with Integrale Homes.

I provided Integrale Homes a deposit for the purposes of locking in the base price of my home, at the strong encouragement of one of their sale representatives. They stated that their prices were going up in a day and I needed to do it before they closed their office that day. Now months later, they are refusing to honour the locked in base price, stating they will lose money on the build. They emailed me a copy of the contract showing a disclaimer saying they can end the contract if they wish and they don't have to refund me the deposit if they already spent the money. They haven't done any soil tests or surveying. They have done some basic drafting. They are stating they have used up all the $3,500 deposit and are offering me nothing back. They state any drafting done remains their property (apparently also in their standard contract).

I feel betrayed because the sales consultant repeatedly stated that the home met the criteria for the price lock in. That's the only reason I gave the deposit. Now they will only build the home if I pay around 70k more (for the same plan). They aren't willing to negotiate, so I either walk away with $3,500 less and no plans, or pay significantly more and have it built.

They are advertising their Integrale Homes prize freeze everywhere on the Sunshine Coast, and I just wonder how many more people have fallen for this trap as well

If anyone has advice on how I could get my money back it would be greatly appreciated

Or know what legal avenues I could take in Queensland without spending a lot of money?

If I was you I would walk away and cop the $3,500 on the chin and learn from it! Why would you stay and give them your business now knowing how they do business.

Next time get it in writing exactly what it is you paid and agreed on i.e price lock in!
Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

18/07/2023
Unusual Delays and Significant Price Increase During Pre-con

Building A New House

Just to makea point about this, an approach that some people have found sucessful in negotiating these rises down, Is to provide some workings to the builder, specifying…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum