Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BAL costs?

Page 1 of 1
HI, I was hoping someone could tell me what the cost of getting a BAL is. Our block of land is definitely in a Bushfire Overlay Zone. I am in QLD but info from any state would be appreciated. Thanks! Janie
Depends on the bal level and size of the house.

We had a 12.5 BAL on 32 square house. 7.5k

It's all stuff we would have done anyway and if it wasn't under BAL, we'd have had to pay more for it.
Noname

It's all stuff we would have done anyway and if it wasn't under BAL, we'd have had to pay more for it.

I was actually meaning the cost that the assessor charges, rather than the cost of whatever upgrades are necessary.
JanieT
Noname

I was actually meaning the cost that the assessor charges, rather than the cost of whatever upgrades are necessary.

JanieT

The initial report costs us $200, for this they will tell you your BAL rating, full report for council costs around $1250. So budget $1500 all up

good luck

Simeon
Ashington Homes
JanieT
Noname

JanieT

The initial report costs us $200, for this they will tell you your BAL rating, full report for council costs around $1250. So budget $1500 all up

good luck

Simeon

Thanks SO much!!
Related
3/01/2024
Rainwater tanks in BAL FZ

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Thank you it really does, appreciate your response!

12/04/2024
BAL 29 uPVC windows compliance

General Discussion

Just remember that uPVC melts at 160 C.

10/05/2024
BAL 29 fire zone construction

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi everyone Planning a large house extension in New South Wales northern rivers with a BAL 29 Fire zoning. Has anyone had experience with this type of zoning and how much…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum