Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ceiling Height

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone
My height is 5"10 and I am building new home for myself. I upgrade ceiling height from standard 2400 to 2590. And I planned to put fan in each room after handover.
I am doing right thing?
According to my height is 2590 ceiling height sit better?
Someone who build their home with ceiling height 2590mm what you suggest?
Higher ceilings are always better. It's probably the best upgrade you can ever make in a house.
Even a modest house is improved greatly by the extra height.
I'd still install low profile fans.
I built my last single storey with 2700mm ceilings and now building a two storey with 2750mm and 2600mm ceilings. On both I got windows 300mm higher and on the 2 storey I ordered taller doors. All of this makes a massive difference to the feel of the home. I would not even bother with 2400mm and would go with 2590mm if budget dictated however would certainly try to extend budget to 2700mm+.
Thank you
Related
8/05/2024
Builder wants to build new ceiling over defective ceiling

Building A New House

Thank you @ashington Homes for your reply! They just got back to me and offered credit for me to just take it as is. It was a less than quotes I got from ceiling…

27/06/2023
Fixing a shower head height mistake

Bathrooms and Laundry

I'll look into different shower heads and ask the plumber about some engineering and see what he says. Thanks

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum