Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Acacia Home

Page 46 of 49
Nice!! What’s going to down that side?

You have a mammoth
water tank

We are having a concrete path going all the way down, it won’t go the whole width of the space the rest will be turfed.
We have a bit of a dilemma....we submitted our landscape plans to council and the development people which were approved before we started building. If we landscape to this plan we get $5000 back from the developers. However we are putting in a concrete path and now considering a colorbond fence instead of timber as the timber fences seem to warp and look shabby very quickly. The development people have not approved colorbond fencing on corner blocks so I know this is against ‘the rules’ but so many others have done this, on the corner where we are out of the 4 houses that look into the crossroad 2 have colorbond fencing and if we do it that will be three.....I’m not bothered about the rebate really.

trimum
We have a bit of a dilemma........I’m not bothered about the rebate really.

Looking great Trimum - go with what you want, and colorbond is better than a timber fence.
trimum
We are having a concrete path going all the way down, it won’t go the whole width of the space the rest will be turfed.
We have a bit of a dilemma....we submitted our landscape plans to council and the development people which were approved before we started building. If we landscape to this plan we get $5000 back from the developers. However we are putting in a concrete path and now considering a colorbond fence instead of timber as the timber fences seem to warp and look shabby very quickly. The development people have not approved colorbond fencing on corner blocks so I know this is against ‘the rules’ but so many others have done this, on the corner where we are out of the 4 houses that look into the crossroad 2 have colorbond fencing and if we do it that will be three.....I’m not bothered about the rebate really.

If other people are having colorbond fence than go for it. You can easily add fence extension if you feels the need for more privacy.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
shazaw
trimum

If other people are having colorbond fence than go for it. You can easily add fence extension if you feels the need for more privacy.

Check your covenant before you go ahead. I have seen developers sue people for breach of covenant.
trimum

If you have a bushfire BAL rating of 12.5 or above, then you are entitled to override stipulation for timber and use colorbond instead
A very busy day today ....excavation completed with turf underlay, it hasn’t been compacted down very much in places and it could be flatter but overall I’m very happy with it. We have booked the concreter for Tuesday and Wednesday for a path up the side of the house it’s about 23 metres in total with a drain point and costing $6000, its very comparable to other quotes and we are going to ask him if he could put in a concrete slab for a small shed and another small 4m path but this will depend on how much it will cost. Then next weekend we will start to lay turf probably about 150 square metres which is half of what we need and then in two weeks we have the fence going up. We have decided on a timber one as looking around the estate it does look better on a side block....lots of cost but once all that is done we will take our time with planting and making it all pretty!

Have to share some more photos taken before and after I’m absolutely blown away by the transformation and utterly disgusted at The builders for leaving it in this state, we were promised a site scrape but that never happened. Anyhow it’s done now, to be honest I have absolutely no idea about plants what kind to get and where they should go. We will be doing some of the turfing next weekend.

Right hand side before...

After

Rear before...

And after

You have done well! what a big transformation. So nice to see cleaned site.

Wow... big change. Never knew they left it that bad!! I know you asked me about our site scrap but man had no idea of the extent

Thats disgusting they left it so bad. It looks like a different place now. You must be so pleased!

If you don't know what to plant just copy Shaz's selections in similar locations
cat_dunc
Thats disgusting they left it so bad. It looks like a different place now. You must be so pleased!

If you don't know what to plant just copy Shaz's selections in similar locations

Haha that master landscape plan! Lol its just... Ok. If you wants low maintenance garden go for larger plants and stick to 7 to 10 different varieties of plants that you know.

So far I have planted Lilly Pilly from the design, I have not stick to the plan.

It's good to have a clean canvas to start with.
Well the main concreting was finished today which is a path all down the side of the house going from the driveway to the far end, we also asked them to do a small path from the front door to the boundary and put down a shed slab for a future shed. There is a LOT of concrete but have to say it looks amazing I won’t be able to take photos until the weekend when it’s light but I am so so pleased we got it done!

Such great news! I look forward to seeing pics
We have notification of LD, we have signed and returned it, not sure it is worth what we suffered but like many others we are past fighting them and want to enjoy our home.

LD $$ does not cover cost of extra months they have gone over, I will used it for weekend trip.

Thanks so much for posting about LD. I emailed them straight after reading your post and demanded they start the process . Got a reply too! Likewise over fighting and the days over contract period is agreeable anyway so we’re going to accept too.

Concrete path with shed slab...now I think we need more topsoil as the fall from the concrete is more than I wanted.

Looks great, so nice to have wide side part. love it.

Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum