Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 45 of 73
blackcat20
Bronte19
@blackcat20
Who are you using for landscaping? Or doing it yourself
Doing it ourselves. Or more accurately the husband will probably be doing the majority of it.

Fair enough. We plan to do majority of it ourself except decking. But I have no idea where to start for design etc
blackcat20
Just over a week for the painting. When we went last Friday they had finished the ceilings and done one coat in the walls.

Quick question is all the painting done at once or they come for a final coat later? My painter said it's all done and I thought shouldn't they keep one for after all the light fittings etc are put in?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
excited_builders
blackcat20
Just over a week for the painting. When we went last Friday they had finished the ceilings and done one coat in the walls.

Quick question is all the painting done at once or they come for a final coat later? My painter said it's all done and I thought shouldn't they keep one for after all the light fittings etc are put in?

It's all done bar the garage and outdoor ceilings

blackcat20
excited_builders
blackcat20

It's all done bar the garage and outdoor ceilings

Ok thanks for letting me ... my portico ceiling is not painted but that's because my New SM said it was not correctly water proofed.

Must be getting close...

blackcat20
Must be getting close...

I can't believe how quickly this build has gone! Must be good karma for all the crap you put up with in Admin! How exciting!
Snap!!
They reckon presentation is usually 5 weeks after plumbing fitoff...

Drew01
Snap!!
They reckon presentation is usually 5 weeks after plumbing fitoff...

I see your fit-offs also started after they finished

My portal shows presentation for September 11.
blackcat20
Must be getting close...

Very very close! Guess you can move in end of next month? 😊
Kimmykim
blackcat20
Must be getting close...

Very very close! Guess you can move in end of next month? 😊

Thats hopefully the plan.
blackcat20
Kimmykim
blackcat20
Must be getting close...

Very very close! Guess you can move in end of next month?

Thats hopefully the plan.
So cool!!!

Excited to go peer through windows this weekend; hoping we finally have a garage door, carpet and sinks/taps.
Things are looking good! Downpipes are connected, garage door is on. Tiling done, all plumbing and electrical complete (that we can see).

Just flooring and driveway to go. Not sure if shower screens are in though as we can't see upstairs. Oven still pending as well.

Very nice!

Drew01
Very nice!

Very pleased with what we can see.
Though disappointed to discover they've used HPM when the SS confirmed a few weeks ago that it was all Clipsal.

blackcat20
Drew01
Very nice!

Though disappointed to discover they've used HPM when the SS confirmed a few weeks ago that it was all Clipsal.

What items are HPM instead of Clipsal?
shokel1975
blackcat20
Drew01
Very nice!

All the switches and power points, and the switchboard.

blackcat20
shokel1975
blackcat20
[quote="Drew01"]Very nice!

[/quote]

Will they change switches and ppt’s? What is the point of making these selections at studio m if they don’t use them?

House looks great!!

shokel1975
blackcat20
shokel1975
[quote="blackcat20"][quote="Drew01"]Very nice!

[/quote]

Will they change switches and ppt’s? What is the point of making these selections at studio m if they don’t use them?

House looks great!!

[/quote]I doubt they'll change it unfortunately. Annoying as we've purchased 'matching' Clipsal for additional points to install later.

blackcat20
shokel1975
blackcat20
[quote="shokel1975"][quote="blackcat20"][quote="Drew01"]Very nice!

[/quote]

House looks great!!

[/quote]I doubt they'll change it unfortunately. Annoying as we've purchased 'matching' Clipsal for additional points to install later.

[/quote]

If you have it in your contract/selections - fight it. It’s their mistake.

Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum