Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Metricon Liberty - Hampshire 45 QLD

Page 41 of 90
Renman
From memory you weren't happy of the colour choice anyway and thought about rendering it right?

Correct, I hated the brick colour choice. It's meant to be grey bricks, from the catalog, yet they just look like a cream in person.
And yup I was planning to render it post hand over anyways =)
vuster
Good outcome with the rendering dulie. You could of played poker with them and bluffed by telling them to rip it all down again however it would of been a risk. I probably would of done the same as you.

Exactly, SM already ripped down a few walls he wasn't pleased with. I wasn't gonna risk it, cause I think he actually would have ripped them down and started again if I played hard ball.
There's currently showers in Brisbane, but they have commenced painting anyways. I hope the rain doesn't affect the finish.
Dark Pillar - looks almost the same colour as our garage door.

The lighter grey that will cover most the front.
dulie
There's currently showers in Brisbane, but they have commenced painting anyways. I hope the rain doesn't affect the finish.
Dark Pillar - looks almost the same colour as our garage door.

The lighter grey that will cover most the front.

Those colours will look great together. Can't wait to see what it looks like. Your getting the whole front in those colours now is that right?

Doulton777
Those colours will look great together. Can't wait to see what it looks like. Your getting the whole front in those colours now is that right?

Yeah pretty much. So mostly the light grey, dark grey pillars, dark brick feature wall and white cladding up top.
dulie
Doulton777

Yeah pretty much. So mostly the light grey, dark grey pillars, dark brick feature wall and white cladding up top.

That part would be quick. It's all coming together. Did they give you a date yet?

Doulton777
That part would be quick. It's all coming together. Did they give you a date yet?

Negative. Just rolling with the flow, haven't really spoken to my SM that much. I normally just text him when I have any issues, so we haven't really spoke about any timelines yet.
dulie
Doulton777

Negative. Just rolling with the flow, haven't really spoken to my SM that much. I normally just text him when I have any issues, so we haven't really spoke about any timelines yet.

Don't think it would be long now. Was it you that said they changed your sm on you?

Doulton777
Don't think it would be long now. Was it you that said they changed your sm on you?

Negative again hehe, you've got me confused with another QLD build i think =)
dulie
Doulton777

Negative again hehe, you've got me confused with another QLD build i think =)

Hehe sorry your right I got it wrong

It's been so boring being locked out of the house! Anyways, today they made a mistake and left an opening for me to ninja my way in. Looks like it's mostly just touch ups, only new addition is shower screen to 2 of the 3 showers.
Guest Ensuite - Frame less single panel no door

Master Ensuite - Frame less with door.

They haven't done the main shower yet, looking forward to seeing that cause it's been super sized!
Looking great! Wow no door shower.. I've always thought about it but I think water is going to end up splashing everywhere for us

beac_faith
Looking great! Wow no door shower.. I've always thought about it but I think water is going to end up splashing everywhere for us

Yeah the misses and I were split when it came to this decision. I wanted all no doors, she wanted all doors. So we compromised with no doors in main and guest, while our master had the door. Guess I'll be showering in the main bathroom! lol
Scaffolding has come down and more progress in the bathrooms.
Still needs some rendering done over white bricks, and painting on the render itself.

Mirror installed into master ensuite

Door connected

A glass niche I wasn't expecting to get. I'm not complaining =)

Mirror installed in guest ensuite

Mirror installed in powder room.

Super sized shower glass screen installed.
Looks great. And nice free niche.

Looking good love the tiles
Thanks guys =)
Wow, your home looks sensational! Really love your facade & the tiles are great too! I haven't seen your thread for a few weeks so it was a 'wow' moment...you must be so happy with how its all going!
Thanks Jason! Yeah it's been progressing very quickly, so we have been quite happy. =)
Love your choice of tiles. The combo of dark and light colour works well

NabeelC | Metricon Merricks 38 | Queensland
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=86276
The bathrooms look fantastic Dulie!

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
viewtopic.php?t=82846
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum