Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Thomas Archer Bayside Build

Page 5 of 20
Ok

So they are still working on rectifications from pre plaster inspection.
Great that they are devoting their attention to the issues now. Very happy that things are being addressed.

So we are a little late again, sigh. Can't be helped, better to be right and later, than early finish and wrong.

Just finishing off plaster before stairs to in tomorrow, cabinetry early next week.

From Activity corner, different view of stair void, pass hall to Master at the rear with balcony

Void to Activity in the back. Entry downstairs

From downstairs entry. Stair void to right, Lounge, dining and alfresco to rear The 3 huge pendants will look pretty special handing in that void (wires protruding as to their location).

Cove cornice. We aren't fans of any cornice, wanted square set both levels (budget did not permit).
Don't actually mind this very plain one, hoping that once painted we'll never notice it's even there!
Blacktea2sugars
Ok

Great that they are devoting their attention to the issues now. Very happy that things are being addressed.

So we are a little late again, sigh. Can't be helped, better to be right and later, than early finish and wrong.

Just finishing off plaster before stairs to in tomorrow, cabinetry early next week.

From Activity corner, different view of stair void, pass hall to Master at the rear with balcony

From downstairs entry. Stair void to right, Lounge, dining and alfresco to rear The 3 huge pendants will look pretty special handing in that void (wires protruding as to their location).

Cove cornice. We aren't fans of any cornice, wanted square set both levels (budget did not permit).
Don't actually mind this very plain one, hoping that once painted we'll never notice it's even there!

It’s looking great! Really starting to take shape!
Today's progress - pretty pink waterproofing membrane and stairs!

Ash stained. Glass panels rebated into Domino gloss balustrades. This might sound weird but at this point in time, the void is the favourite!

shokel1975
Blacktea2sugars
Ok

It’s looking great! Really starting to take shape!

i have void envy! its going to be a pretty spectacular entry!!! so exciting seeing your progress. we also got coved cornice upstairs so will be interesting to see how yours come up. we went to a TA display with coved upstairs and didn't even notice until someone told us later so fingers crossed! xx
lilaandco
i have void envy! its going to be a pretty spectacular entry!!! so exciting seeing your progress. we also got coved cornice upstairs so will be interesting to see how yours come up. we went to a TA display with coved upstairs and didn't even notice until someone told us later so fingers crossed! xx

Hi lovely

Yes hoping it pretty much disappears!
I remember the lined, heavily detailed cornice - reminds me of Grandma's house! A contemporary house needs the bare minimum! Thanks for the void love- light, bright and gorgeous!
I LOVE the void - really great. Everything is looking great.

We ended up with square set downstairs, coved upstairs too.
Wellbuild
I LOVE the void - really great. Everything is looking great.

We ended up with square set downstairs, coved upstairs too.

Thank you! Was unsure about a void initially, I thought it may be "wasted space".
Now it's my favourite part of the house!

Bluestone tiles.
Front pillar external façade feature
Upstairs balcony off master, floor tile

Sliding stacker doors are in, finally!

After handover, the plan is to pave all the way out to the retaining walls.
This will increase the alfresco space and it will all be one area (about 42 square metres)
Blacktea2sugars

Bluestone tiles.
Front pillar external façade feature
Upstairs balcony off master, floor tile

Sliding stacker doors are in, finally!

After handover, the plan is to pave all the way out to the retaining walls.
This will increase the alfresco space and it will all be one area (about 42 square metres)

We extended our outdoor room after handover - it is fantastic now! The place looks great!
signorino is the default tile supplier for thomas archer?
fox81
signorino is the default tile supplier for thomas archer?

Yep
Blacktea2sugars
Kjay
Great post and photos. Can you give a rough guide as to the expected overall cost of the build?

house only between 650-700.
That's not pool or any of the backyard stuff, no driveway etc.

Base price of a Nouveau 41 is 450,000. Is 200,000 all of your upgrades? Just wanted to check or are there any other cost involved with the house build against the base price.
Hi

Our house is over 41 sq so our base price went up. We spent approximately 200 k on selections and upgrades then there was site costs too.
Blacktea2sugars
Hi

Our house is over 41 sq so our base price went up. We spent approximately 200 k on selections and upgrades then there was site costs too.

Thanks for replying so quickly! Site costs seems to be a little tricky. Did you do a knockdown rebuild and was that part of the site costs? I am still in the process of looking for land. Any tips or learnings in getting a land that will not result in high site costs?
josefaaron
Blacktea2sugars
Hi

Thanks for replying so quickly! Site costs seems to be a little tricky. Did you do a knockdown rebuild and was that part of the site costs? I am still in the process of looking for land. Any tips or learnings in getting a land that will not result in high site costs?

I'll send you a DM 😁
Lots going on!

Fixing stage invoice presented and paid. Only 1 left now?

Tilers in every wet area. People everywhere. Hebel guys finishing off some areas around alfresco.
The renderer will be back this week to go over the areas they installed.
Plasterer back this week to sort out area where scaffold was in the stair void.
Painting has started and will continue for about 10 more days

Kitchen had an error, so is being sorted. Should be done this week.
Stone benchtops and splashbacks for every room are next week. Oh my stars this is really happening.

Had windows measure up today for curtains and blinds. Our house, is NOT far away!

Looking good. The wet areas are huge!
Excited for you and I am as excited to see this house get completed!
wow they're flying through. feels like they were faster to build your house than they were to do our tender! amazing progress love seeing the progress!
lilaandco
wow they're flying through. feels like they were faster to build your house than they were to do our tender! amazing progress love seeing the progress!

tender feels like a bit of a bottleneck. ours went for about 1.5 months, but that might be because of the detail I went to in terms of what was to be included. I think there also with people working remotely, that has added to the time required to complete the estimating / paperwork etc.
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum