Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR in Melbourne SE suburbs- Carlisle - Montpellier 51

Page 5 of 10
Oh Ok. I like sliding windows as in summer you can open them to let in fresh air.
HoneyDee
Oh Ok. I like sliding windows as in summer you can open them to let in fresh air.

Totally personal choice. All good

The alternative if you want best of both is casement windows but they are $$s.

Make sure you get a conduit for future solar panel from roof to switchboard. Costs nothing but you will be glad you did it.
We already have solar water heating and we upgraded to 2 solar panels and a 215L hot water tank. For this there won't there be a conduit from the roof to the switch board? Or do we need a separate conduit for Solar electricity?
Yeah solar thermal hot water and solar PV for electricity are 2 completely separate technologies. You need a DC capable conduit from roof space to switchboard for PV.
Thanks Kirashogun. I will enquire if they will provide this.
HoneyDee
Few steps closer to getting our dream home. Got our asset protection permit and electricity got abolished today. Waiting for the gas meter to be removed so that demolition can start.

Just a quick question w.r.t demolition.....did you demolish before your contract signing? or did you wait till after?
Krishnakdr
HoneyDee
Few steps closer to getting our dream home. Got our asset protection permit and electricity got abolished today. Waiting for the gas meter to be removed so that demolition can start.

Just a quick question w.r.t demolition.....did you demolish before your contract signing? or did you wait till after?

I would say usually you wait till building permit is issued for the new house. Then you demolish.
But many people do decide to demolish before the building permit has been issued.
Krishnakdr
HoneyDee

Sorry Krishnakdr

Have been off the forum for a some time. Yes we demolished before the contract signing. As there were a few things that needed sorting in the contract and that took almost a month. Meanwhile Demolition was done as it had already been scheduled.
I have not been able to post anything regarding the build for some time now as I was busy with job, guests from overseas, holiday etc. Moved to a rental, house was demolished and reached site start. Was told today that site cut is scheduled for Friday. Fingers crossed that from here it will be smooth sailing. But that is just wishful thinking
HoneyDee
I have not been able to post anything regarding the build for some time now as I was busy with job, guests from overseas, holiday etc. Moved to a rental, house was demolished and reached site start. Was told today that site cut is scheduled for Friday. Fingers crossed that from here it will be smooth sailing. But that is just wishful thinking

Hi honeydee
Looking forward to watching the build
If you guys need anything please just ask
31sacramento 😜
31sacramento
Hi honeydee
Looking forward to watching the build
If you guys need anything please just ask
31sacramento 😜

Thanks 31sacramento. Please post a link to your thread so that I can follow your build too. We are a few steps behind you. Will look for guidance from you. All the best to both of us πŸ˜ƒ
Yoooohoooo
Carlisle fence gone up & site cut done yesterday. Deliveries & sh’ter coming today πŸ˜›
Slab pour next week. Feeling excited. Met SS today. Seems like a super guy. 😊
Write reply...
Write reply...
HoneyDee
HoneyDee

Site cut done!!!! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
HoneyDee
Yoooohoooo
Carlisle fence gone up & site cut done yesterday. Deliveries & sh’ter coming today πŸ˜›

Congrats! It must feel exciting that things are finally starting off...Our house is getting demolished as i type and the second soil inspection has been scheduled for next week. How many days between the second soil test and site cut for you HoneyDee?
Congrats on starting!
Krishnakdr
HoneyDee
Yoooohoooo

Congrats! It must feel exciting that things are finally starting off...Our house is getting demolished as i type and the second soil inspection has been scheduled for next week. How many days between the second soil test and site cut for you HoneyDee?

Hi Krishnakdr,
We received our second soil test on 15/10/18. So about 4 weeks to site cut from then.
Related
13/09/2023
InForm SE Suburbs Melbourne

Building A New House

Thanks for your reply! We're definitely not after a small house > Might still have a chat to them. Who did you end up building with if you don't mind me asking?

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum