Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New House Build KDR Blackwood SA Fairmont Homes 'The Grand'

Page 5 of 5
Dan - that's an amazing sped from knock down to being moved in. I hope that everything is sorted for you. Flooring looks amazing.

Congratulations on your new house and I hope that you enjoy making this your home.
Looks awesome Dan!! Fingers crossed they get everything sorted out. Can u show me ya bathroom or ensuite? Think we have similar tiles.

Thanks heaps
Here you go Em. Our bathroom and ensuite have the same tiles don’t remember the names though

Hi Dan, House is looking fantastic! How did you go with expected build time? We started work on site start of March (slab went down at end of March) and we are STILL waiting for brick work to start... SS vaguely says still on track for PCI early Sept but I am so sceptical. I have had no contact from anyone about anything, I have to make contact to find out when and if anything will happen! I am so nervous to see how (or when) it all comes together. Our house isn't huge either so these delays are super frustrating!
kelwos44
Hi Dan, House is looking fantastic! How did you go with expected build time? We started work on site start of March (slab went down at end of March) and we are STILL waiting for brick work to start... SS vaguely says still on track for PCI early Sept but I am so sceptical. I have had no contact from anyone about anything, I have to make contact to find out when and if anything will happen! I am so nervous to see how (or when) it all comes together. Our house isn't huge either so these delays are super frustrating!
There is apparently a massive brickie shortage in adelaide. Lots of builds have been affected

Oh.. thanks for the update! LOL that's what I mean though, I wish my SS would just communicate this stuff to me!!!
My gyprock started before bricks were finished and it ended up being most of the inside was gyprocked and flushed before the bricks were finished. My brick layer was a solo operator too and it took him 3 and a half weeks to complete it all.
They can do other things if there is a hold up with the bricks if they are smart that is.
But funny you say about your SS we had the same problem nothing was really communicated to us directly from him unless we asked about it and normally we had to wait a day or two before we heard back from him
Our build time was done within the timeframe that we were given from the first time they told us pci would be infact it was a week earlier than the original date so I’ll check my records and see how long the whole process took from the stage you are at
Start of bricks was 30th january and pci inspection was 27 April so about 3 months
I would say you are still on track if pci is in September as long as the bricks aren’t delayed too much longer
Thanks Dan, that gives me some hope! Someone started on our brickwork on Friday so fingers crossed they can now start on the internals so get things moving
Hi Dan,

Just wondering if FH included the house wrapping for you? They're telling me its not included in our contract (but its holding up them being able to get on with the inside) it was never discussed with us if we wanted it or not. I assumed it was included and have heard a couple other FH builds who said it was just included without them requesting it...
Yeah they did that on ours as I said before the brickie took about 3 weeks and they wanted to start inside so the wrap is put on to hold the insulation in and they could do the gyprock aswell. It wasn’t included on our contract either but they just did it anyway. I wouldn’t question it just let them do it.
Hi Dan, Thanks for that.

No! I want them to do it but they're not doing it which is holding things up!

They told me last week they would do it but haven't yet and now the brickie is making his way around the place they wont be able to even wrap part of it which is just holding up anyone starting inside. They don't seem to be in any rush and no one gives me anything when I call to discuss!
Hi Dan, love the brick. Hoping you could advise the colour of your roof and gutter? Cheers.
Margin
Hi Dan, love the brick. Hoping you could advise the colour of your roof and gutter? Cheers.

Roof and gutters are colourbond Monument
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum