Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ausbuild Stretton Heights - First Home Build QLD

Page 5 of 9
They have started wrapping the house yesterday, wasn't expecting this at all. Thought they would finish off the remainder of the ground floor roof tiles, plumbing, electrical and windows install before they start wrapping.

Wrap has to go on first. perfectly normal.
Hi all,

So my partner and I decided to fill out the EOI today for lot 78 in the complex and just paid our deposit for the EOI. Now we are a bit scared and worried after finding posts from couple months back about some of use commenting on here about the settlement with BCC and saying they can't find any street names other than Wallum St, Karawartha!? Is this still the process with the estate is it seeming like it's more of a townhouse set up than a regular housing system?

Thanks ☺️
Allyh01
Hi all,

So my partner and I decided to fill out the EOI today for lot 78 in the complex and just paid our deposit for the EOI. Now we are a bit scared and worried after finding posts from couple months back about some of use commenting on here about the settlement with BCC and saying they can't find any street names other than Wallum St, Karawartha!? Is this still the process with the estate is it seeming like it's more of a townhouse set up than a regular housing system?

Thanks ☺️

Hi Ally I will PM you about this.
Update - Have part of our windows and the front door delivered and installed this week, loving the front door and also our kitchen window

Still got a few windows and the sliding door left to be install sometime next week. Next week we also have a few things scheduled plumbing on Tuesday morning and Electrical on Wednesday morning and I have my own security alarm installer to do some rough in on Friday. Here is just some pics we took yesterday got too excited and forgot to take one of our front door.

Wow what a week it has been we had remainder of our windows and the stacker doors installed just one more stacker door left for upstairs. We also had plumbing rough in completed, electrical rough in and security rough in started today and electrical due to complete next Monday. The brickies also started laying on Thursday and this is the first time we seen our bricks selections up close and we are pretty happy with our choices. Our ducted air con installation started today as well.

Met with our ss today and said the roofer should come back next week to complete the roof and he is expecting gyprocks to be delivered next week and have already booked the plasterers.

Told my ss so we should be done in Nov as a joke he said yeah no worries.... 2018 lol

Stacker doors for the living room

Awning windows on, we had to change this to a smaller size due to the wing raiting of N3 actually doesn't look too bad

Some water proofing for the bath

Bathtub having a relaxing day off

Our bricks got delivered

Right side of the house started

front facade with different brick selection

Plumbing rough in for our ensuite

Air con unit installed
Went by the house this morning part of the front facade and side bricks are been completed, hopefully by end of the week all bricks will be done. Gyprocks also got delivered yesterday so internal sheeting should be up this week.

Looks amazing. Exciting times!
This is from this morning, the front facade bricks are completed they are now working on the garage side and all brick work should be done by Sat!

The bricks were completed on Saturday along with the roof tiles for the garage and dining area and next week the gyprocks and plastering should start. They will also need to setup the scaffolding to do the level 1 frame wrapping and cladding with eves.

Front facade with 2 different bricks selection with off white mortar

Side and rear of the house with another different brick selection and standard mortar.
Internal insulation batts have started and 1st floor been wrapped, happy days

Wow they are powering through it! Looks amazing! Your facade bricks are similar, if not the same as our bricks
Tamara1975
Wow they are powering through it! Looks amazing! Your facade bricks are similar, if not the same as our bricks

Hi Tamara thank you! Our front facade brick selections are from the Austral Bricks range the darker bricks are the Metallix Bronze and the other bricks are the Urbane One Cloud Grey both with off white mortars.

Your handover must be getting close!
They have started putting up internal walls this is exciting! So far they've done about 1/3 of the rooms upstairs, these are some pics the partner took yesterday afternoon.

Few more pics from this morning, the 1st floor are all completed and the guys are working on the ground floor and should be complete by end of today.

Yay! How much different does it feel now?
allblaqk
Yay! How much different does it feel now?

Yeah it feels different for sure, now you can see the walls around the home and it starting to come up nicely as we expected. Hopefully they can finish it all off today.
They started putting up the external cladding yesterday and went on site this morning to take some pics and here it is.

It looks like they have put the eave on as well. The cladding is due to be painted end of this week and internally they are finishing off the plastering for ground floor and cornices will commence next week.
The external cladding and the eaves are installed, they just need to be paint it and they also installed the sliding door upstairs that leads to the balcony, also they have installed the down pipes for the 1st floor.

Looks great.
Related
26/10/2023
Queensland ceiling heights - help!

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

We bought a house in 2015 advertised as a 7/2/2, 4br up, 3br down (7br), and to date, it’s a great house. However, we’ve just had it valued and it’s come in as a…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum