Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast

Page 39 of 44
Agree the adjusting can be a shock. Sounds like your going great

Owh I didn’t think of that, stinky poo men using your loo ☹️.

That’s a great idea with your aircon it will work well and saves you seeing it from the front door. Hope the bank hurry up for you, your so close now

All this time I was under the impression that our air-con (approved by the bank in our home loan) could be installed post handover. Then I find out today, that the bank valuation includes the air-con, so they will not release the funds for our final house payment until it’s installed.
The quote we got last year, has gone up by $200 (which we will have to cover), and I can only hope our installer can fit me in the next two weeks and that the builder allows access.
I honestly cannot deal with one more drama.... I just want this process over.

- B

forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Argh damn it, another rotten hurdle to jump. I just went through this also about installing our pool after handover and we are good. It would be helpful if they actually said something first though.

Crossing fingers you can get the installer dude in and your SS is ok with that.

Is it standard to be charged a $300 nbn connection for new dwellings? Haven’t I already paid enough to have the stupid box installed?!? 🤨

- B

Bridgetwitch
Is it standard to be charged a $300 nbn connection for new dwellings? Haven’t I already paid enough to have the stupid box installed?!? 🤨

- B

Yep! NBN charge $300 for the connection, then whatever provider you use can charge a connection fee if they choose too.
Telstra charged us a $99 connection fee.

Everyone got their big fat paw out for money.
Bridgetwitch

- B

Yes
We got charged this but I think since we were "long" (5+ years) customers with iinet they gave us a small amount off.

Have you submitted your pre-install/connection yet?

https://www2.nbnco.com.au/ntd_pre_insta ... conditions
allblaqk
Bridgetwitch

- B

Yes
We got charged this but I think since we were "long" (5+ years) customers with iinet they gave us a small amount off.

Have you submitted your pre-install/connection yet?

https://www2.nbnco.com.au/ntd_pre_insta ... conditions

Thanks allblaqk.... I didn’t know I had to do this... I thought the data company who installed the box would take care of everything?!?! My builder never mentioned anything, nor did the data company.

When I did a connection quote through Telstra, my address came up as fibre to the premises - so does this mean the pre install has already been done? Now I’m worried.... my boys will be unbearable without internet!

- B

I remember when we built this place it took Telstra a few weeks to come and get it sorted. We’re also a Telstra ‘smart communtiy’ Which means our TV signal comes through the fibre. So no TV or internet for the first couple of weeks 😩. Best to probably give them a call and double check what you need them to do.
Bridgetwitch
Thanks allblaqk.... I didn’t know I had to do this... I thought the data company who installed the box would take care of everything?!?! My builder never mentioned anything, nor did the data company.

When I did a connection quote through Telstra, my address came up as fibre to the premises - so does this mean the pre install has already been done? Now I’m worried.... my boys will be unbearable without internet!

- B

I'm not sure tbh - I booked ours before our handover but had to wait until we had keys to get the guys out. The actual NBN techs come out and work their magic on the external and internal boxes. And then service is available straight away, we just had to wait on our ISP.

Might be worth submitting regardless, better to be safe than sorry!
Like seriously.... wtf is this?!?!
Another quality build by Hallmark Homes!

- B

Owh they didn’t get the surface drain quite right??

It looks like cookie monsters eyes

Tribe7

Hehehe... at least you have made me laugh about it now! 🤪

- B

Tribe7

It definitely looks like the Cookie Monster! Now all you need to do is paint the ground around it blue 😂

On a serious note, what were they thinking?!?!
Bridgetwitch
All this time I was under the impression that our air-con (approved by the bank in our home loan) could be installed post handover. Then I find out today, that the bank valuation includes the air-con, so they will not release the funds for our final house payment until it’s installed.
The quote we got last year, has gone up by $200 (which we will have to cover), and I can only hope our installer can fit me in the next two weeks and that the builder allows access.

- B

How ridiculous!!!! We did the exact same thing and our final Cheque drawn no problem with the remaining for the air con sitting there until we needed to pay it
I would put your foot down as if the builder will let you have access before handover for it 🤮

nicolawhitelaw
Bridgetwitch

- B

How ridiculous!!!! We did the exact same thing and our final Cheque drawn no problem with the remaining for the air con sitting there until we needed to pay it
I would put your foot down as if the builder will let you have access before handover for it 🤮

Really? What bank are you with? We are with Commonwealth and they have done nothing but cause me stress!

- B

Guys I'm really confused so help a newbie out. Does the bank do a valuation when build is finish before final payment to check what's not done? Say you choose to do air con yourself. If it's not done they don't release the funds???

pandibabi
Guys I'm really confused so help a newbie out. Does the bank do a valuation when build is finish before final payment to check what's not done? Say you choose to do air con yourself. If it's not done they don't release the funds???

I’m not sure about the extras that you’ve organized yourself, I think it will depend on the bank but yes. The bank will come out and do a Val. With our last build they wouldn’t release the final payment as the builder hadn’t done the letterbox and clothesline yet and these were in our contract. We had to take a photo of the completed items and sign a stat dec done and send it through to them before they’d release the final payment. That was St George.
kailie86
pandibabi

I’m not sure about the extras that you’ve organized yourself, I think it will depend on the bank but yes. The bank will come out and do a Val. With our last build they wouldn’t release the final payment as the builder hadn’t done the letterbox and clothesline yet and these were in our contract. We had to take a photo of the completed items and sign a stat dec done and send it through to them before they’d release the final payment. That was St George.
Ok at the contract we signed owner to do landscaping letterbox clothesline n flooring. The bank only wanted invoice for flooring. I'm wandering if we don't have those done they will prevent payment.

pandibabi

We had a quote for a/c (private contractor) approved by the bank in our home loan, so the bank based it’s valuation on it being included... thus they will not release the final payment until it’s in. And yes, they will conduct a valuation to make sure what they have approved is there!

- B

Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum