Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Acacia Home

Page 37 of 49
Which ever way at least they have started external painting.
Not much happen at my site after my SS started holiday.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
It’s funny that ‘Sam’ messaged me to say our SS was ‘prioritising’ our work to get it done and if we wanted any updates to speak to him. That’s what we have been doing for 70 weeks and it’s hasn’t made things go any quicker!!! So it takes 70 weeks to be a ‘priority’ to them. ffs.

is ‘Sam’ the social media correspondent?

ehhc
is ‘Sam’ the social media correspondent?

Yes that’s all I have of their name. In other news, hubby phoned the electrical contractor and got no reply again. I wonder if they are still in business. Anyhow he called our CSO only to find out that she left 4 weeks ago!!!!! How is it we weren’t told!! And despite the promises we have had no painting done this week so far.

Ahh far out.... is that H.D who left?

What’s the electrical for this time? Thought they fixed the aircon and alarm..no? Hope they haven’t changed, they need to fix some stuff for us

trimum
Yes that’s all I have of their name. In other news, hubby phoned the electrical contractor and got no reply again. I wonder if they are still in business. Anyhow he called our CSO only to find out that she left 4 weeks ago!!!!! How is it we weren’t told!! And despite the promises we have had no painting done this week so far.

No painting done at my site too. I can't get inside to check
to see what's done.

Oh my gosh burbank sound like they're screwing up more than Sekisui did
Im so sorry all of you are having such a hard time.
The junction box that was placed incorrectly near the front door when it should have been on the pergola has still not been moved. Hubby finally got in contact with the electrical contractor. He said they placed it there because the pergola wasn’t finished at the time, he now needs to get permission from the SS to go back, make a hole in the back of the pergola to chase the cable through and reposition. So that will mean another hole to fix and paint. It needs to be done but why is nothing straight forward at this time. PCI looks like it will need to be postponed nothing has been done in three weeks since the date was confirmed and with public holiday next week that is just three days available to get the driveway down and do all the external painting. I can not see it happening. So fed up about it but we will stick to our guns on this one and not having PCI until those two major pieces of work are done.

That’s sort of a relief the electrician agreed to fix it. But what a cop out excuse though hey - would of been easier if they did a junction box at the front anticipating the pergola. Bet they wouldn’t have come back if you guys didn’t bring it up.

Have you got your final invoice yet?

ehhc
That’s sort of a relief the electrician agreed to fix it. But what a cop out excuse though hey - would of been easier if they did a junction box at the front anticipating the pergola. Bet they wouldn’t have come back if you guys didn’t bring it up.

No not yet, we haven’t received anything I guess with no CSO it may take a while... we have no idea who is looking after our job now.

trimum
ehhc

No not yet, we haven’t received anything I guess with no CSO it may take a while... we have no idea who is looking after our job now.

Oh yeah your CSO left, sorry I’m not keeping track properly. Hmm just learning from our build...don’t let the final invoice come too late into the build. I also have a feeling we’re coping bank delays because they didn’t expect some variations to be done post contract signing and to be paid at final invoice. Others I’ve spoken to said their variations were paid at the 1st or next progress payment, not kept till the end like us

So had a few updates this afternoon- the pergola capping has been done, it should be painted this weekend. The gas hob is in, the microwave trim is still be chased up, water filter is in too. The driveway should still be done next week but SS still does not have a date. Our ‘new’ CSO is our old CSO’s manager and our old CSO left in February, they didn’t bother to tell us and our emails to her went into a black hole. Convenient for them!! Our SS said he has the invoices from the installers of the insulation and it says they put insulation between the floors. Hmm someone is conning someone!

Oh and PT the area manager (who ehhc and Shazaw have met) is now our ‘new’ CSO’s boss so think the AM has had a promotion??

We have no reply from our CSO for variation dispute for the past three weeks.
Wonder if they kept proper detailed records for all invoice relating to our build.
We are waiting for our SS to return back to work so we can move on...

Again just hang in there trimum... our build still long way to go. I just don't understand why they can only manage to send out trades to do one or two jobs a week.

Hubby tried to call CSO for 3 days and kept leaving messages eventually got to speak to her yesterday. I also tried and found the person I spoke with generally stressed and rude to me and all I wanted was for her to pass me onto the person who was now our CSO. I was told my details would be passed on and called back. That never happened. I get the feeling Burbank are in chaos with their head office.

When hubby finally got to speak with our CSO yesterday he told her that if there is any dispute with invoices and final variation we want a face to face meeting to resolve it rather than endless phone calls and emails and she apparently has agreed to it. I hope it never needs to happen, we have had all our variations added (which we agree with) to our invoices from about our third invoice so the only variations to add now are those provisional amounts of earthworks and piering.

I can’t think of anything positive about Burbank at the moment, so the PT job sounds to me like a downsize and consolidation of roles within the office. But... that’s just speculation, and it’s probably good that construction and office teams are finally bridged.

OMFG I just went to have a look at the painting being done. No painters onsite and the reason became clear... the cowboy electricians have moved the junction box to the pergola and in the process have smashed through the pergola render and timber frame to chase the cable through. The damage they have made is extensive and it is one hell of a repair job they will need to do to re frame some of it, re render and then do the painting. Hubby has lost his sh1t over this one...seriously just when you think you know all the worst things that could happen they surprise you with another!

No way.... F me

Is it that bad?

ehhc
No way.... F me

Is it that bad?

Yes it really is bad
all I can think of now is the amount of time it will take to get the carpenter then the renderer then the painter to all come and fix it. All those tradies have taken so long to source already. The damage is heartbreaking.

far out.
All that plus while the scaffolding is up. I hope Burbank are paying decent coin for scaffold hire and gets them to prioritise a fix

trimum
ehhc
No way.... F me

Is it that bad?

Yes it really is bad
all I can think of now is the amount of time it will take to get the carpenter then the renderer then the painter to all come and fix it. All those tradies have taken so long to source already. The damage is heartbreaking.

This is the problem every time they start one job...needs to follow up with two more jobs to fix the first one. I'm feeling for you trimum. I have waited for my pillars for re rendering for long time SS can't get hold of renderer now I don't know how long I have to wait for painter.

Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum