Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley - Sahara 40 Build - Fit out has begun!

Page 35 of 37
stayxtrue
pc3d
stayxtrue
We have Darbecca going out this morning to give us some feedback on the bricks to let us now how bad it is! We are really really hoping that they dont say it has to be torn down. But we also dont want to have some sub par repair work!

Our SS is still on leave so when he gets back next week we will have a better idea on a time frames for a resolution
Hey mate how did you go?

Yea well there’s a lot of damage from the acid wash, but SS seems to think it’s all fairly easy, flooring is going in on the 24th of January so we are super close to getting the keys now

Hope it all works out for you
Cant wait to see pics!

Hope you solved your brick problem. Hows everything going? Have you got the keys?
yanshirui
Hope you solved your brick problem. Hows everything going? Have you got the keys?

We are still waiting for the bricks somewhat, but they have majority been fixed. Still wishing for the keys we have NHP on Friday

stayxtrue
yanshirui

We are still waiting for the bricks somewhat, but they have majority been fixed. Still wishing for the keys we have NHP on Friday

You must be super excited about the NHP. I hope it went well with not too many issues picked up.
Looking down your street, your house does stand out the most in that it looks grande with the glass balcony, dark bricks and the size of the house.

firsttime_homies1401
stayxtrue
yanshirui

You must be super excited about the NHP. I hope it went well with not too many issues picked up.
Looking down your street, your house does stand out the most in that it looks grande with the glass balcony, dark bricks and the size of the house.

Thanks! Yea it went really really well, just a few cosmetic defects so they are hoping to have it all wrapped up in 2 weeks! I am secretly hoping for it to be sooner than that!

Yea being the only double in the street is does stand out and everyone comments on how massice it is! Lucky for us our fences have also started so they should be finished by the time we move in
Then the fun can begin! a lot of things to be done! Then we can sit back and enjoy it!
No more in FB group mate?

Hope your build is going well.
bhutani.sumit

Na mate, I got sick and tired of the bickering in there! Just was ridiculous!
stayxtrue
bhutani.sumit

Hope all going well now?
When do you expect to have Handover?
bhutani.sumit
stayxtrue
bhutani.sumit

Hope all going well now?
When do you expect to have Handover?

We have had NHP and our bank has paid the final invoice! So we are hoping very very soon!
Congrats mate. I will be driving in your area next week and will have a look from outside.
Good Luck.
bhutani.sumit
Congrats mate. I will be driving in your area next week and will have a look from outside.
Good Luck.

Cheers mate! Our fences are going up at the moment! Glad we know the fencer he is doing a ripper job!
stayxtrue
bhutani.sumit

Now you know why I didn’t post anything on there

Drove past your place on the way to mine and saw the north side neighbour cutting a crap load of dirt from your side. Just caught up on your Insta and saw it’s all fixed which is good news.
Hopefully that side of the fence gets up quick so you don’t have to deal with their crap.
Glad NHP went well, you are so close to getting these damn keys. It’s gonna be a busy Feb and March for you guys.

firsttime_homies1401
stayxtrue
bhutani.sumit

Now you know why I didn’t post anything on there

Yea some innocent posts and then people start a war on them and then the admins would send me a message! So I gave up and left just wasn’t worth the pain

firsttime_homies1401
Drove past your place on the way to mine and saw the north side neighbour cutting a crap load of dirt from your side. Just caught up on your Insta and saw it’s all fixed which is good news.
Hopefully that side of the fence gets up quick so you don’t have to deal with their crap.
Glad NHP went well, you are so close to getting these damn keys. It’s gonna be a busy Feb and March for you guys.

Yep I made them fix it up! Even the fencer was saying that he can’t stand that neighbour! Him and his wife have been watching him with each fence post and ensuring he put 1 bag of cement in each post! Then they were complaining about other **** to me! They are going to be super annoying very quickly!

stayxtrue
firsttime_homies1401

Yep I made them fix it up! Even the fencer was saying that he can’t stand that neighbour! Him and his wife have been watching him with each fence post and ensuring he put 1 bag of cement in each post! Then they were complaining about other **** to me! They are going to be super annoying very quickly!

One of those nosey neighbours. Glad they don’t have a double with a balcony otherwise you’d see them more often.
Just wear your headphones outside when they are and ignore them. Hopefully your other neighbours aren’t too bad.

Yah, you must be so close to moving in now... hope everything goes smoothly, hows the wedding preparations, that's also around the corner now isn't it.

I was wondering what happened to you on FB as well... Have you decided on which concreter to use? Maybe stay away from the one i recommended, we have lots of cracks around the foothpath and my driveway
which is a bit upsetting as we recommended him to so many people around our estate.

Hate those types of neighbours, they sound like they nitpickers over every small things! Hope you don't have to deal with them too often!
PEARZ
Yah, you must be so close to moving in now... hope everything goes smoothly, hows the wedding preparations, that's also around the corner now isn't it.

I was wondering what happened to you on FB as well... Have you decided on which concreter to use? Maybe stay away from the one i recommended, we have lots of cracks around the foothpath and my driveway
which is a bit upsetting as we recommended him to so many people around our estate.

Hate those types of neighbours, they sound like they nitpickers over every small things! Hope you don't have to deal with them too often!

Hey!

Yea we are getting the keys tomorrow morning! So we will finally be moving int!

Oh no way!! Thats terrible! We got a quote from him and he was just way too expensive in the end! We ended up getting another guy and its a lot cheaper and he has been concereting for many many years and he also does house slabs so he seemed a little more trustworthy and was honest about not ripping me off! Most of these other concreters are ripping people off!

The neighbour is nice, dont get me wrong, he is just a huge royal pain and doesnt know personal space! AS soon as i rock up at the house he comes outside to talk to me i have to be firm with him! He is going to bug me when I start our landscaping! Thats for sure!
stayxtrue
PEARZ

Hey!

Yea we are getting the keys tomorrow morning! So we will finally be moving int!

Oh no way!! Thats terrible! We got a quote from him and he was just way too expensive in the end! We ended up getting another guy and its a lot cheaper and he has been concereting for many many years and he also does house slabs so he seemed a little more trustworthy and was honest about not ripping me off! Most of these other concreters are ripping people off!

The neighbour is nice, dont get me wrong, he is just a huge royal pain and doesnt know personal space! AS soon as i rock up at the house he comes outside to talk to me i have to be firm with him! He is going to bug me when I start our landscaping! Thats for sure!

Congrats mate. hope you settling well in now.
When is the wedding? Is it this month? If so, big month for you!
Related
16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum