Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is anyone building at Mawson Green, Meadows SA?

Page 33 of 34
Are you using grey water JakkiT?
Do you mean the recycled water? We use that on gardens and toilets
Yeah, sorry the recycled water. Saw your 49000 L comment and immediately imagined it was all chewed through in 3 months, was thinking I'd need to reevaluate my calcs. On reflection its probably not that bad though

We had 9000l delivered so we could move in, then the 20,000l late november I think, then another 20 last week. It's not cheap, it has cost us $985 so far so I am REALLY hoping for some rain and for a really wet winter this year to keep the tanks full ready for summer
Who did you buy your water through, JakkiT? I've put some money aside for buying water in (when we finally get to move in) and $985 is cheaper than some of the prices I've seen.
Andyas Water was $225 for 9000l and Peter Hoad Water Cartage/Adelaide Hills Bulk Spring Water is $380 for 20,000l
Fence is still up.
I was at the post office this morning and there is an ad on the notice board, someone carting water for $100 a 9,000 or 10,000lt load.. Never heard of them before but just letting you all know.
Also, I remember reading that some of the newcomers to Meadows had kids that were interested in playing sports..
Meadows Netball Club is having its registration day on 11 February 2016 from 3.30pm to 6.30pm.
Come down and say hello or if you want some information beforehand give Kelly our Secretary a ring on 0402 557 985.
The Football Club is also gearing up, but Tennis is nearly finished.
Netball and Footy have Facebook pages Meadows Netball Club and Meadows Football Club, so if you wanted to jump on there and have a look to see whats happening you could do that too.
Thanks and I hope this helps someone...
Thanks for the info Porsha. We will be going there soon to see any progress. Thanks for the info about the clubs and services available as we are looking forward to being a part of the community. Has anyone used any local electricians and concreters as we expect to have some work to be done when we eventually move? Happy Australia Day folks.
Just went past on way home from Tennis and fence is still up.
But on a brighter note, All of your tanks should be a heap fuller now!! (don't know if fuller is a word but you know what I mean..)
Porsha
Hi all!

Sorry if we covered this already... Rainwater tanks? Do they need to be positioned as on the council approved plans or can they be placed anywhere?

Hi Shell01 we spoke to council as our tanks are on the easement and gather they don't mind where they sit as long as they are not an eyesore, the house on the corner of Aurora and Mcquarie (on your side of the road) have theirs on the easement also so after all that dribble the answer to your question is it does not appear that they mind. I hope this helps.
Only thing to keep in mind with the easement and tanks is if you need to remove the tanks and any retaining walls for the council to work on the services below, its all at your cost, both for removal and remediation.

We had ours apparently right off the back of our house according to the council plans- we didnt want that so we excavated out and retained the rear of the block and jammed them as far back as possible- this has been seen by both council and the knob from the Office of the Technical Regulator (who if you ever meet, you'll instantly despise... the builders all refer to him using 4 letter words...)

Speaking of tanks- hows everyone going after the 65mm of rain we've had in the last few weeks? Both our tanks are full to overflowing now!

As for street trees... Im sure everyones noticed a decided lack of ANY form of landscaping in front of our place other than the native garden we've planted. I bumped into someone from CLS (the landscaping contractor) the other day and he recons within a few weeks they will be doing all the street scaping for stages 3, 2 and out the front of our place.

So expect to come home to a tree planted in the middle of your driveway if its not already paved! Wouldn't be the first!
Thanks for the advise guys! Here's hoping we don't see the regulator, have dealt with enough asshats during the build

We requested our tanks to be moved, so the builder had the plans redrawn before going to council.

Our tanks were almost full-about 3 rungs down! Hallelujah!

We were only just discussing the lack of landscaping and trees yesterday so I'll be more than happy to find a tree and some grass out the front! We are already paved so the driveway will be fine

We've had a bit of an issue.....Luckily I went searching for something the other day....discovered water damage on 2 walls and water damage and mould on the ceiling and 2 sections of cornice in the spare bedroom walk in robe! So that has now been emptied and we are waiting for a plumber to come have a look!
Excuse the off topic post! I know info about the local sporting clubs have been shared so thought I'd share this in case anyone is interested!

I went to one of these sessions today and it was fun and a great workout - I went to Mt Barker but the lady said if there's a few interested she might be able to hold a session in Meadows
Give her a call or Facebook message if you're interested! There are some toys at the sessions and you are welcome to bring your children.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Can I assume everyone on here is finished and moved in based on the recent quietness?

We've finally got things underway so should be in later this year
Hi, chuckles.

We have handover on Friday, 22 April - so will be moving in shortly (just had the driveway poured today).

I've noticed no activity here for some time, too. Maybe everyone is settling in finally! Good to hear that things are moving forward for you!
ThePonders
Hi, chuckles.

We have handover on Friday, 22 April - so will be moving in shortly (just had the driveway poured today).

I've noticed no activity here for some time, too. Maybe everyone is settling in finally! Good to hear that things are moving forward for you!

Nice, an actual handover date. We have a slab down which was good to get done before the rain started, we'll see how much the weather effects things from here.
We finally start our build in about 4 weeks can't wait and hopefully be in before Christmas
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum