Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is anyone building at Mawson Green, Meadows SA?

Page 31 of 34
Hi Rhonda glad to hear you have received a contact for Cindy. Yes it does mean the steel and sleepers aren't covered by the insurance but hopefully my husband and son will make a start on the wall on Sunday so we will just keep fingers crossed nothing disappears in the meantime.
Holy kermole we have bricks on site

And window frames, which was unexpected, as they have no windows inside them (though hubby says that's how windows are done).

And our rainwater tank man wants to get the tanks in ASAP before next door has their frame up, so that he doesn't have to bring the crane to get them into our yard. Which is a bit of a double edged sword, to be perfectly honest.

And window frames, which was unexpected, as they have no windows inside them (though hubby says that's how windows are done).

And our rainwater tank man wants to get the tanks in ASAP before next door has their frame up, so that he doesn't have to bring the crane to get them into our yard. Which is a bit of a double edged sword, to be perfectly honest.

Hi Rhonda, this is cindy from lot 53 - just signed onto this forum after Steve (lot51) had said you were interested to talk re retaining wall. when I looked after the block was cut - is it the retaining wall just at front corner as the rest looks like it is inside my block. anyway I have some contacts regarding retaining and we could meet if you like up the block at some stage. I work full time at Willunga High School so could come from work - or meet up on weekend. my number is 0452614103. thanks.
2015cin+
Hi Rhonda, this is cindy from lot 53 - just signed onto this forum after Steve (lot51) had said you were interested to talk re retaining wall. when I looked after the block was cut - is it the retaining wall just at front corner as the rest looks like it is inside my block. anyway I have some contacts regarding retaining and we could meet if you like up the block at some stage. I work full time at Willunga High School so could come from work - or meet up on weekend.

Hi Cindy,

Yeah, it looks like there's just a tiny corner that will be on the boundary between the two blocks. Depending on what your plan was, we may or may not even end up with retaining on the boundary itself... I think it'd be a good idea for us to meet up and see what we think. I'll be out at the block again on Saturday at some stage. Probably through the week too, but we've got work happening there at the moment and probably easier for us if there aren't contractors trying to work at the same time we're there!

Your builder should remove the dirt-some leave it until the end though.

We just had 450/500 tonne removed, be prepared, for that amount it was quoted to be 3k (to level the yard) then taking it away was extra. We managed to score an amazing deal though

We have had our driveway and paths done last week and this week and a retaining wall. Tomorrow we are getting dirt delivered to start the backyard and we are starting the rear fence over the weekend! very exciting!
Hi all so we have finally sold our current house and are now packing to move into a rental property.
Not long now and we should have some action on our block (I think early next year). Can't wait to see some movement there and then to move there
Congrats prutherford! Progress is exciting!

Congratulations!!

Now-is it vogue who has a slab down? next to the big statesman house? I have a terrible memory! We noticed how big the side retaining will be and I want to offer some advice! Get it done now! The trouble we have had getting someone in to do the wall we have has been ridiculous. They had to hand dig the holes which took 3 days too and thats for the wall with no house on the next block.
The one the other side, as there is no access, we have had no choice but to do it ourselves and we coulnd't get anyone to do it. So I strongly recommend getting it (and anyone else who has walls to do!) done before the houses go up!

The guy we used is extremely fair, works hard, does a good job and is very well priced.

Brian from Landscape Logistics 0417 820 396 he is fairly booked up so it's worth getting a quote and booking him in advance
Yip hooray
Looks like we have just sold our house. Now to get down to building once the Nottage release is ready to go. Ben has been great in supporting us through this period. Has anyone got an update on where the development of the western part of Aurora Circuit is up to? Are there any updates on the NBN connection?
Hello there Bonython
They have just laid the rubble on the road, then they do kerbing and wait 11 days then lay bitumen...
That will take us over xmas break anyway, so don't expect much for about 4 to 6 weeks...
Porsha
Thanks for the update Porsha1369. We hope to get up there in the next few days to see any progress.Are you also building in the Nottage area? We have our design close to how we want it but still have fine details to sort out. Looking forward to getting stuck into that and then starting the building process.
Congratulations bonython!
NOt much going on with NBN-Devine had notification it''s ready but NBN say it's not and we can;t even place an order to get the ball rolling when it is ready-supposedly the 14th BUT it was also supposed to be ready a month ago :/
Hi to porsha 1369 and Bonython what lot no's are you in Nottage release? Yes Jakki it is us with the huge retaining walls you would never have believed that we would have needed retaining walls anywhere near these heights when we first looked at the blocks as they appeared to have only small slopes so was envisaging something like maybe 500cm high not 1.6m. How does it feel now you have been in your home a few weeks and Mahalia and a couple of others have moved in now also and it looks like the two just up the road from you are nearly completed too.We are finally getting going next week so are still hoping that our completion date will be June 2016.
Hi Vogue. We are lot 77 on the bend. We share part of the back fence with lot51 (Steve-I think). We are working with Oakford homes and hope to start the building process soon. We are keeping an eye on developments as we want to organise soil reports so that plans can be drawn up. We are amazed that each time we visit the development there seems to be a new house started.
Vogue
Hi to porsha 1369 and Bonython what lot no's are you in Nottage release? Yes Jakki it is us with the huge retaining walls you would never have believed that we would have needed retaining walls anywhere near these heights when we first looked at the blocks as they appeared to have only small slopes so was envisaging something like maybe 500cm high not 1.6m. How does it feel now you have been in your home a few weeks and Mahalia and a couple of others have moved in now also and it looks like the two just up the road from you are nearly completed too.We are finally getting going next week so are still hoping that our completion date will be June 2016.

We were up there this morning Vogue and the carpenters were putting your frame up.

Thanks katmeow for the update how are you coming along with your plans when is the sub division starting? Hope you don't have to wait too much longer
Hi Vogue,
We have gone as far as we can with the house plans until the developer gets his backside in gear and starts construction.
Hopefully we will see some movement early in the new year.

Merry Christmas to all. We have set systems going and hope to be starting building in April/May. Hope to be spending Xmas in our new home in Mawson Green, this time next year. Then the hard work starts. It was great to be in the subdivision last week and noticing that people are joining in the fun and putting Xmas lights up on their houses. It is great to see that spirit from people. We will be looking forward to adding to the scene next year.
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum