Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

WREXTER's BUILD (WA) - Instaling Skirting!

Page 31 of 48
So basically there's no cornice at all anywhere under the dropped ceiling in the kitchen from fridge recess through to the other end of the kitchen where the red colour clothed guy is in the photo.
If so than darn knab it. This is the 2nd time that the prestart consultants couldn't envisiage no cornice finishes.
Looks great, can't believe how much they have done in such a short time.
Bet it looks great with the white set starting to go on.

I also have been looking into the lighting, probably only put LED downlights in places where they need to be dimmed as they cost so much to buy at the moment, then just get fluoro downlights in the other places. And maybe change them over when LED prices come down.
Hi ya

We haven't installed the pillar lights yet....this coming weeked is the lighting extravaganza!!!

This is the link

https://www.lightingillusions.com.au/sh ... 675-hv1046

We installed 413's everywhere for the down lights....so much easier...in saying that not sure how they are going to go with the raking ceiling! Shoudl be interesting.

Luke81-I LOVE WD40! I use it to clean all my stainless steel appliances, cleane the inside of my car even ha ha! I work in the marine industry and it is the best stuff. Did you know that if you spray it on cows it will keep the flies away.....great for getting rid of bird poo on balconies too

Useless information I know! But seriously if you spray it on your hot plates it makes cleaning a whole lot easier
Thanks Amy.

We got clipsal 413's everywhere too.

If you get a chance, please let me know how you went with light install. Interested to know the process involved with connecting light to the 413. Also what the costs involved were like?

Thanks heaps!
Hi Wrexter

We have a mate doing ours so I will judge according to swear words and beers consumed as to how it all goes. I'm hoping we will get the lot including supply of lights and install for just around 2 thousand. Fingers crossed

Just picked up my new sexy pendant for above the dining table

I will be sure to update you next week

House is looking great too by the way......superb!!!!
I will show you mine if you show me yours amesD
- I meant the Pendant.
duke
I will show you mine if you show me yours amesD
- I meant the Pendant.

Is that what the cool kids call it now - pendant's
AmesD
Hi ya

We haven't installed the pillar lights yet....this coming weeked is the lighting extravaganza!!!

This is the link

https://www.lightingillusions.com.au/sh ... 675-hv1046

We installed 413's everywhere for the down lights....so much easier...in saying that not sure how they are going to go with the raking ceiling! Shoudl be interesting.

Luke81-I LOVE WD40! I use it to clean all my stainless steel appliances, cleane the inside of my car even ha ha! I work in the marine industry and it is the best stuff. Did you know that if you spray it on cows it will keep the flies away.....great for getting rid of bird poo on balconies too

Useless information I know! But seriously if you spray it on your hot plates it makes cleaning a whole lot easier

What do you think of lanolin spray?
ha ha ha ha! Yep pendants....up there with planking in the world of new lingo being used.

I have never really used lanolin spray Duke....you rate it?

This is my pendant (sorry wrexter) stealing your thread....not to everyone's taste but I like it
I love it - looks like a birds nest!! I'm sure in the right spot it will look perfect
I love that pendant. In the right room that could look great!
that is a very nice pendant Amy, where is it from? Beacon?

i am in search for the right pendant for above island bench and above dining table.
Thank guys

Yep Wrexter it is from Beacon.....with downlights everywhere else I wanted something special and different above the dining table just before the raking ceiling.

Hopefully they put it up on the weekend and I cna take a photo for you all
good work, so your having downlights above your island bench?

thanks Amy, really interested to know how your install to the clipsal 413 goes. i.e. whats involved.

First build fault!!!

We had requested there to be no cornice at the entrance to living area so that the ceiling (31c) was continuous, however they have gone ahead and put a cornice in.

i have emailed our consultant. lets see how they deal with this.

hopefully well.
Is it just me, or would that be the obvious choice anyway? (NOT putting a cornice there that is). Especially if it is a continuos ceiling. If it had a bulkhead or height difference then ok, easy mistake, but that just looks wierd.
yes Sir Snagger, that is wierd. hence why i had it removed. looks ugly with it.
wrexter

What'd they have on the other side of it? Did they at least put a flat back on it or just left it open? Would look ugly either way, but at least they might've attempted to cover it up a little
Sir Snagger
wrexter

What'd they have on the other side of it? Did they at least put a flat back on it or just left it open? Would look ugly either way, but at least they might've attempted to cover it up a little

oh no its not wht you think.

At the entrance into living they have dropped the ceiling to 29c the width of a brick and put cornice both sides.

i asked them not to, so its just normal 31c all the way through.
wrexter
Sir Snagger
wrexter

oh no its not wht you think.

At the entrance into living they have dropped the ceiling to 29c the width of a brick and put cornice both sides.

i asked them not to, so its just normal 31c all the way through.

Ahhhh CLICK!
- I think I get it now. Just like a beam across the top of the doorway at 29c but both ceilings either side are still at 31c instead of just a straight ceiling all the way through.
Related
5/02/2024
Skirting and Floorboard space

Building A New House

Joe Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you haven't sorted this already you need to caulk this gap. Not sure where you are but if you are in Sydney I can…

8/02/2024
Skirting/Windows Trim acceptable tolerance/gaps

Building A New House

Caulking gaps that big will look horrible

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum