Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Show us your facade...

Page 4 of 7
I've come across a great instagram account called house.floorplans which has become my go-to for inspiration... it shows off house facades and floorpans
radiuz
I've come across a great instagram account called house.floorplans which has become my go-to for inspiration... it shows off house facades and floorpans

Well. There goes my afternoon.

Great account recommendation, there are some amazing facades in there.

Orange dots on Facade: Dulux Domino. (Wall around garage is render but all other dark grey is sycon cladding colored in Domino).

Yellow dots on Facade: Dulux Snow season (A very light white grey)

Blue dots on Facade: Weathertex natural wood look cladding

Garage Door: Embossed ironbark

Main door: 1200mm Solid Merbau door

Window Frames: Matt Black

I will upload the athe actual front facade soon also so you guys can see what it has turned put to be.
amilelka
This is our facade. Render in Dulux Highgate, cladding in Shale Grey, roof in Shale grey. Barge and finials in white. It looks a lot lighter on a sunny day as you can see in the second photo. Decking is treated pine stained Japan Black.

Love your facade. Very nice.. Did the dog cost much extra? LOL. I have a dog that loves to get into the photos. Very clean and crisp facade. Lovely.
Hello All,

Loving this forum, having a look through this post was interesting.

Here is a 3d render of our facade. I got it done and it helps to work out what the colours look like together. Cannot wait for the house to be built. Just Started

jupiter façade

please help!

what do you guys think of this façade? it comes as standard with this particular builder. fully flexible in cladding materials. thank you.
montanero

jupiter façade

please help!

what do you guys think of this façade? it comes as standard with this particular builder. fully flexible in cladding materials. thank you.

It’s lovely but I’m not sure if I would want to live it it. You would need the right block and aspect otherwise you could find yourself living in a fishbowl or a sweat box. You would also want to look at how you would cove the massive windows.

I generally like it, but it does have a lot going on. If you simplified the amount of colours and materials it could look good.

It definitely needs tinted windows at the front since they are big windows looking into bedrooms.

The big window looks like a game of tic tac toe. I would adjust the mullions and sashes to make it less symmetrical.

Melos
It’s lovely but I’m not sure if I would want to live it it. You would need the right block and aspect otherwise you could find yourself living in a fishbowl or a sweat box. You would also want to look at how you would cove the massive windows.

Our block is on a corner, side street on the right. It is south facing, north at the back. Yes I realised that and other considerations with this bold façade.

This just caught our attention since the builder is giving this particular façade as standard and is toying with ideas. thank you.
amilelka
I generally like it, but it does have a lot going on. If you simplified the amount of colours and materials it could look good.

It definitely needs tinted windows at the front since they are big windows looking into bedrooms.

The big window looks like a game of tic tac toe. I would adjust the mullions and sashes to make it less symmetrical.

Yes the windows need adjustments - tictactoe!

You mean, limit it to 2 colours? will a stoney feature on the pillar under the center big window look good?
montanero
amilelka

Yes the windows need adjustments - tictactoe!

You mean, limit it to 2 colours? will a stoney feature on the pillar under the center big window look good?
I think a stone feature could look great! I would definitely limit the house to 2 or maximum 3 colours. You can do this by matching your garage and garage door with the upstairs cladding colour, and having 1 or 2 render colours.

I find that tinted front windows improve the look of a house dramatically. Use awning windows on the front instead of sliding windows so that the flyscreen is on the inside of the house and not on the street.

Being on a corner block you need to make sure the side of your house looks as good as the front, so make sure the builder shows you the side elevations as well.

Hi all,

I'm confused which one will look a lot better. Your inputs and suggestions are really helpful.

For the brick wall, we are using Blackwood Homestead of Austral Bricks, or something similar. We like dark brown bricks.

The image 1 below is the standard facade. The only change we've made so far is we've extended the height of the brick posts to full height of balcony (shown on image 2).

Option 1 - Leave the facade style as is, as shown on image 1 with extended posts to balcony. Cladding colour is light grey including the cladding to balcony (or maybe darker in the balcony?)

Option 2 - Change the cladding of the upper floor to bricks then completely render the entire facade of the upper floor. Colour is light grey. Cladding to balcony remains the same, with colour being grey.

Option 3 - Change the entire facade of first floor to cladding with light grey as the colour.

With the posts to balcony, I'm thinking whether to change to Zinc metallix bricks (shown on Image 3) or render this part in darker grey?

Thank you all!

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3
Melbournevic
Hi all,

I'm confused which one will look a lot better. Your inputs and suggestions are really helpful.

For the brick wall, we are using Blackwood Homestead of Austral Bricks, or something similar. We like dark brown bricks.

The image 1 below is the standard facade. The only change we've made so far is we've extended the height of the brick posts to full height of balcony (shown on image 2).

Option 1 - Leave the facade style as is, as shown on image 1 with extended posts to balcony. Cladding colour is light grey including the cladding to balcony (or maybe darker in the balcony?)

Option 2 - Change the cladding of the upper floor to bricks then completely render the entire facade of the upper floor. Colour is light grey. Cladding to balcony remains the same, with colour being grey.

Option 3 - Change the entire facade of first floor to cladding with light grey as the colour.

With the posts to balcony, I'm thinking whether to change to Zinc metallix bricks (shown on Image 3) or render this part in darker grey?

Thank you all!

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Hi

I generally quite like your facade and i am with you on increasing the height of the pillars/posts in front all the way up.
we are just finishing building and i felt as many houses that i saw for their facades, i realised that best would be to have 3 elements in your facade otherwise it may look cluttered.

I like the option 2 of rendering the upper floor after brick. That way you will demarcate the upper floor also from the lower brick floor.
Also i feel that instead of having your posts different from the cladding on top of them, why dont you have your pillars/posts cladded also. No bricks there...just the caldding same as what is on top. That way it will have the continuity in the posts and balcony cladding above.

you could also get your garage wall rendered also matching with the top floor. Hope it helps
montanero

jupiter façade

please help!

i quite like your facade. I just feel that there are too many elements in terms of colors and laterials there. You could have a grey brick around the garage to match with the greys in the facade instead of the beige thats there now. You could also match your stain of front door with your garage door color and the entrace floor.

The windows though looks absolutely stunning might be a privacy issue. SO you could get them tinted whihc everyone has suggested.

Another idea is to match your cladding on upper floor with your garage door and then the brick around the garage could match the render color on ground floor.

Hope it helps.
Taniaimran
Melbournevic
Hi all,

Thank you all!

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Hi

I generally quite like your facade and i am with you on increasing the height of the pillars/posts in front all the way up.
we are just finishing building and i felt as many houses that i saw for their facades, i realised that best would be to have 3 elements in your facade otherwise it may look cluttered.

I like the option 2 of rendering the upper floor after brick. That way you will demarcate the upper floor also from the lower brick floor.
Also i feel that instead of having your posts different from the cladding on top of them, why dont you have your pillars/posts cladded also. No bricks there...just the caldding same as what is on top. That way it will have the continuity in the posts and balcony cladding above.

you could also get your garage wall rendered also matching with the top floor. Hope it helps

Thanks. That's really helpful and great idea too with rendering the garage.
montanero

jupiter façade

please help!

I think there may be too many elements. Things seem to be too crowded. I'd aim to stick to 3 elements.

Melbournevic
Taniaimran
Melbournevic
Hi all,

Thank you all!

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Hi

Thanks. That's really helpful and great idea too with rendering the garage.

I am glad that i could be of some help. Did you finally decide on th facade? If so please show us the final picture.
Taniaimran

I am glad that i could be of some help. Did you finally decide on th facade? If so please show us the final picture.

No picture at the moment 😕 but will definitely post once I have received the final plan. Our CSR has advised that we can discuss about the facade upgrade on our Studio Selections appointment. It would be nice if they can offer 3D app that I can visually see but unfortunately it isn't available.

We went for nice and simple . Render after handover . Cheers
dany

We went for nice and simple . Render after handover . Cheers

Are you going to render the whole facade or only some parts? What's the colour of the bricks? Looks really nice. I'd leave some of it.
Related
18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

5/07/2023
Facade Parapet Moulding

Building A New House

Agree, Riviera from Clarendon looks beautiful. I've seen one with a light-colored bricks and just a bit of molding (in my neighborhood). It's definitely overpriced. I'm…

27/06/2023
Wisdom home facade

Building A New House

Hi, guys! If you've built with Wisdom Homes, would you mind sharing images of your front facades once they're all rendered? I'm considering signing up with them for a wide…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum