Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New build with Redink Madora Bay

Page 4 of 12
Hi Chris

Thank you for clarifying that, that's what happens when bush lawyers like myself read contracts 😂. My experience so far with your team has been great and I look forward to it continuing.

I am fully aware that there are many things that are out of your control that hinder a build. I am just trying to remain positive and optimistic that mine will be built on time with no stress. Normally my luck is that if it is going to go wrong then it certainly will for me.

Sonia

Colours not great but it was sent as a PDF.
Madora Dreamer
I am fully aware that there are many things that are out of your control that hinder a build. I am just trying to remain positive and optimistic that mine will be built on time with no stress. Normally my luck is that if it is going to go wrong then it certainly will for me.

Challenge accepted! I look forward to sharing a "positive and optimistic" journey with you. That's not to suggest we won't run into any challenges, but I'm confident you'll be happy with how we can work with you to manage them with the least stress possible.

Regards,
Chris
Which stone did you choose for the kitchen? It looks amazing with the tiles. I can't quite make out the names of all your choices though. Would you mind sharing them with me? Is that tile for the ensuite the spa stone in Grigio? I'll say it again, everything looks amazing. Great choices.
rabbitburrows
Which stone did you choose for the kitchen? It looks amazing with the tiles. I can't quite make out the names of all your choices though. Would you mind sharing them with me? Is that tile for the ensuite the spa stone in Grigio? I'll say it again, everything looks amazing. Great choices.

Hi Rabbitburrows,

The essastone is calcite gloss in the bathrooms and limestone cape in the kitchen. I'll get back to you on the bathroom tiles after prestart.

I was pretty happy with them. I think it will look great when it all goes together...at least I hope so!
All good. Prestart in two days. Are you ready?
rabbitburrows
All good. Prestart in two days. Are you ready?

Just about, I need to make sure my electrical plan is finished and write up all the questions I have thought of along the way. Other than that it is all go

rabbitburrows

You were right, the bathrooms are Grigio. Just getting all my paperwork ready for tomorrow. I hope I don't miss anything or forget something!
Prestart done thank goodness. I ended up popping into intelligent homes and they managed to squeeze me in this afternoon. Came home with a much better understanding of the smart wiring. I think I will let them do the work. So now I just need their wiring plan and I brought my electrical plan home with me to check over again as I am still undecided about the placement of powerpoInts otherwise I am done.

Apparently the turn around time for this part is around 5 weeks so fingers crossed.
Glad to hear that it went well. Did you add any extras?
rabbitburrows
Glad to hear that it went well. Did you add any extras?

Just kitchen drawers to replace some cupboards, bin cupboard, overhead kitchen cupboards to lift up instead of opening to the side.

Some pendants over the island bench and in the master, heat lamps in the bathrooms and a heated towel rail in the ensuite. No real prices yet. She said the bin cupboard was $660. My initial wiring plan is $2300 but may need to add some more once the plan comes from intelligent homes.

I did all of the other upgrades with the interior designer so will wait now for the costings.

I have my addenda today. I am going with all the upgrades. If anyone is interested in prices I can let you know approx costs.
Please do. I'd like to see what the costs are for all your upgrades.
rabbitburrows
Please do. I'd like to see what the costs are for all your upgrades.

Costing for prestart

$660 bin drawer
$620 pet door in security screen (small)
$9990 smart wiring including CCTV, video intercom, tv in 3 rooms, sound throughout house
$1875 power points and extra lights
$700 electrical fittings for 5 pendants
$585 pot drawer (3)
$3340 overhead cupboard to be Blum aventos
$750 feature tile in bathroom, ensuite and outdoor shower
$520 kitchen splash back
$3690 frameless shower
$215 kirchen sink mixer
$345 1800mm bath
$528 dual shower and rail

Prior to prestart I did get included 600 x 600 rectified tiles. $3300 for tiles, $7000 to lay
$2500 for the out door shower.
$10000 kitchen upgrade
Is that $585 for one set of 3 pot drawers or for 3 sets?
rabbitburrows
Is that $585 for one set of 3 pot drawers or for 3 sets?

1 set of 3

Thanks! Not long now 'till your slab does down.
Settlement on land is tomorrow!!
My building permit has just popped up in my email. That tap can't be far away now!!
I have a tap!

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum