Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Sekisui House - St George

Page 29 of 82
Study room’s windows are in.

Sliding door between alfresco and kitchen. Loving it soooo much!!! really open out from kitchen

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
Sliding door for lounge room. On the original plan this view is closed in, the sliding door is placed at the two small windows side... which opens out to alfresco. I'm so glad that I have insisted to change sliding door position...ammm I will be looking out to...grassland.

The window on the right is for guest bedroom. The one on the left is for ensuite. The ensuite glass window is translucent , I do prefer opaque.

They have installed the glass door for out door living area. What a joke!!!

This area will be heavy traffic area when we use it for BBQ party and glass door is not suitable.
We don't have the need for too much natural light for this bathroom.

Maybe you can use an opaque tint film?

Love all the progress!
Boo to the mould.

Love the glazing

They will pick this up during frame inspection that wrong door is in.
Solutions will be depends on how they will rectify, if they replace the glass door to normal external wood door that will be good. If they insisted to keep the door ...well than they will have to provide opaque tint film for privacy.

Wow they installed it! The poor buggers who put it in were probably thinking "man this is weird, but okay.."

The rest looks amazing. I feel like it's coming along really quickly. I love those huge doors.
cat_dunc
Wow they installed it! The poor buggers who put it in were probably thinking "man this is weird, but okay.."

The rest looks amazing. I feel like it's coming along really quickly. I love those huge doors.

Met with some of my neighbour yesterday afternoon and they are very excited with the progress too. One of them is ex builder (retired), he went around and checked frames for us.
Carpenters were working on trusses this morning, didn't had a chance to pass by in the afternoon so no pictures to post today.

All trusses are finished.
Back of the house.

Front of the house

Out door living trusses finished.

Looking great Shazaw. We are both at about the same stage. It is so exciting. Let's hope the rain stays away.
Our SS reckons we are still 6-8 weeks away from the pre-lining

Oooh nice!
Thanks fee121 and cat, I'm really enjoying my build progress now after so much of drama last year.
Of course there were a few little hip cups.... these are all small things now.

Currently busy propagating cordyline plants and repotting croton plants into larger pots.

Carpenters are back working to finish up by end of this week. One of them mentioned our temporary SS from Newcastle resigned. They too are having difficulties contacting HO for missing frames and timbers for roof. He has advice to let the HO know quickly if we don't want the glass door for out door living, not sure what to do , I don't mind keeping the glass door
open living

Just put opaque tint film on it for privacy

I think the glass door is quite nice in outdoor living. You could add a roller blind for use when privacy is needed. Can it be locked from the inside without keys?
The glass door is fancier than a solid timber door.

I vote an opaque film on the glass door. You'll get a nice amount of light in there too which is nice
Thanks everyone, I will just keep the door, will be talking point with lots of laughter

ehhc
Can it be locked from the inside without keys?

Oh yes - make sure it has a privacy latch from inside still.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum