Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New HBC build in Baldivis Parks-front garden + elephants!

Page 29 of 31
jlo that looks so lovely! I don't see any elephants but I do spy an Eiffel Tower

I could swear I read somewhere on here that sealing/painting the garage floor will also make things less dusty - but I may be completely wrong!!

Natalie - is that for real? Why don't the banks/mortgage people tell people that? I thought we needed it from PCI onwards
How do you know what value to insure it for if it isn't fully built yet?
IssyandOzzy
Yay congrats on keys jlo! How many working days did it take for you to get them from PCI?

IssyandOzzy

PCI was Sept 2, second PCI was Sept 16. I was able to pick up keys on the 16th but i had to work so i got them on the 18th
Looks amazing jlo - how exciting
Everything looks so clean! It must be a great feeling to be in there. You had such a quick and smooth build!
kellie_87
Looks amazing jlo - how exciting
Everything looks so clean! It must be a great feeling to be in there. You had such a quick and smooth build!

Haha looks clean, definitely anything but! Still picking sand and dust up everywhere!

Pretty smooth build so definitely cant complain. Having some issues with a smoke alarm but that should be an easy fix!
MalSannie
jlo that looks so lovely! I don't see any elephants but I do spy an Eiffel Tower

I could swear I read somewhere on here that sealing/painting the garage floor will also make things less dusty - but I may be completely wrong!!

Natalie - is that for real? Why don't the banks/mortgage people tell people that? I thought we needed it from PCI onwards

Yep for real I work for NAB and we incorporate free building cover for 90 days so for 3 months (from lock up pretty much) you can insure your home and it be the full value and free of charge instead of paying for something that is not complete. You never insure the land value just insure the value of your home in the event of an accident that it would cost u to rebuild.

A lot of people don't know and thats why they don't pass the information on but recently found this out when I did some extended insurance training at work which spun me out. If you need a quote let me know and I can email you information and do one for you

Natalie92
MalSannie

Yep for real I work for NAB and we incorporate free building cover for 90 days so for 3 months (from lock up pretty much) you can insure your home and it be the full value and free of charge instead of paying for something that is not complete. You never insure the land value just insure the value of your home in the event of an accident that it would cost u to rebuild.

A lot of people don't know and thats why they don't pass the information on but recently found this out when I did some extended insurance training at work which spun me out. If you need a quote let me know and I can email you information and do one for you

Thanks for the info
JLO!!!!!! Seriously my tapatalk lost you and I finally found your blog again and my jaw dropped! yOuRE In !!! Welcome to JLO's Paris, the house of loove!

Congratulations it is looking beautiful! Can't wait to keep seeing more photos! Sorry I went missing for a while, I have been watching everyone's blogs!

You must be so excited.

JustinInPerth
JLO!!!!!! Seriously my tapatalk lost you and I finally found your blog again and my jaw dropped! yOuRE In !!! Welcome to JLO's Paris, the house of loove!

Congratulations it is looking beautiful! Can't wait to keep seeing more photos! Sorry I went missing for a while, I have been watching everyone's blogs!

You must be so excited.

Haha Justin im stoked! I love it to bits
Im going to try and take updated photos over the weekend and then upload it when i have access to internet again haha.
Natalie92
NAB insurance is really quiet good and if your a customer you get a discount. They go through Allianz as well

You should have insurance pretty much from lock up as the builders insurance only covers workmanship and if things get stolen from site. Say if a fire was to come through or someone crash into your house you would not be covered I only just found this out recently

Thank OHB! I just arranged my insurance as I didn't know this! But it was confirmed by the insurance company!

My Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=76249&start=210#p1384949
jlo looking forward to some more pics

Natalie my bank and builder both said we didn't need insurance until keys if we don't have anything owner supplied builder install. So we're good for now - which is a relief!
MalSannie
jlo looking forward to some more pics

Natalie my bank and builder both said we didn't need insurance until keys if we don't have anything owner supplied builder install. So we're good for now - which is a relief!

That's great to hear

Everything is looking stunning jlo!!! Hope your having lots of fun with it all
House looks really good JLo, glad the build was relatively painless... I'm thinking I'll have to move Turf to number one on the priority list just to reduce the sand issue..
Decka
House looks really good JLo, glad the build was relatively painless... I'm thinking I'll have to move Turf to number one on the priority list just to reduce the sand issue..

haha well i have the landscaping people coming on Saturday to draw up plans so hopefully the front will be done soon. Once my gate is installed on Monday/Tuesday ill be able to start on the backgarden too!
Looking forward to seeing the landscaping
Hi guys! Sorry its taken so long, been super swamped! Just an update report, faulty smoke alarm has been fixed (yay!) fencing and gate are installed, front garden plans are being drawn up and going to start working on the back garden on the weekend.

Still not as many elephants/eiffel towers as i would like, but they're slowly finding their way in

Master Bedroom

Ensuite

Theatre/relaxation room

Living/Dining/Kitchen

Bed 2

Bed 3
Your home is beautiful jlo1990! Looks very warm and welcoming

And I just noticed that small elephant in the last photo!
Hootie
Your home is beautiful jlo1990! Looks very warm and welcoming

And I just noticed that small elephant in the last photo!

there's a couple scattered around, but i still have a heap more in boxes/at mums house
It looks lovely Jlo
are you having a house warming?
archetto
It looks lovely Jlo
are you having a house warming?

haha i did housewarming with friends the week after i moved in...i dont think the house is big enough to fit the whole family! Maybe once the backyard is done and it heats up a bit more ill invite a few around haha
Related
27/01/2024
Orlando 20 HBC

General Discussion

Hi, Would you please share some photos of your Orlando 20 HBC build? I would like to get some insight on the living and dining area. Thank you

1/03/2024
Native garden plans

Landscape & Garden Design

Fig Landscapes has produced an e-book and native plant index, available for purchase from their website. It's a great resource, full of inspiration and tips. Another…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum