Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is anyone building at Mawson Green, Meadows SA?

Page 27 of 34
How exciting jakki, I noticed your garage door was on when we were slashing our block on the weekend, and thought you couldn't be far off.

There is some machinery and adco huts up behind the fencing, so I guess that's a sign for progress for the next stage.

We got development approval in the mail yesterday from mt barker council, not sure if there is one more approval to go, but excited that it's getting closer!

Which lot are you again shell01? Yeah they seem to have rushed it a little as the door was meant to be last-but I'm not complaining! We have a good site supervisor who picks up issues and fixes them along the way so we have been happy with their work. There is a tile that has a 'lump' in it so he is having a look tomorrow and hopefully that can be replaced before the inspection.

Exciting you have some approval! Who are you building with again? Hopefully they start very soon!
We're lot 72, down the road a bit on the opposite side. Building with Hickinbotham, excited to see something other than weeds on the block!

Hope we end up with a good supervisor, I think it makes the world of difference during the build. Hope that 'lump' gets sorted and doesn't hold you up.

Hi Jakki
We have lot 77 on hold-on the bend. We have been designing a houe to suit the shape of the block as it is an unusual shape.
It must be exciting being so close to moving into your home. The build seems to have gone quite quickly. We hope it didn't cause you too many headaches.
This forum seems to have been great for people to connect. It really gives people a chance to connect and this can only be good for building a community in a new estate. I think things are off to a great start in the area.
Ah! Shell01-is it you who plays footy on the block? If so I've seen you guys a few times
Oh same builder as us-just different name. You probably will as he also has the ones on the street in front of us so I would assume they have areas they take care of. Which plan are you building?

I think it will, they have 3 weeks to get it done and they seem to get things done really quick. You will probably have the same painter as us as he has done them all so far. He's great-very friendly.

Bonython07-who are you going to build with? I would love to design an unusual house!

It is very exciting! It hasn't taken long-the slab went down on July 8th. It wasn't bad-I think it's worse before the build starts. I'm not looking forward to trying to do something with the yards! I LOVE gardening and I have it designed in my head-it's just trying to pull it off! It's nice having an approx date now so we can really get organised with things. We are having a woodheater which needs to be ordered in and arranging the solar panels to go on etc. Nice to get things moving!

Yes this page is great! I've heard that someone plans to start a FB page too for all of us, which is even better!
Haha! No not us playing footy. We just silently lurk past our block, get out and point at things then drive away lol. Well if our build goes as smooth as yours has seemed to go, I'll be happy. We had our own plan that turned in to a nightmare needing a 1.2m split which we weren't planning for. I'll try and post a plan that looks similar to what we started with

Facebook page is a great idea, you'll have to keep us posted when that gets off the ground!

So this is actually our final plan, not quite as it started out, but I think it should come together nicely.

Hehe someone else then!

Yeah we have been pretty lucky really!
Great plan! love the kitchen layout!
Thanks, that was my only non negotiable was a workable kitchen, hope it doesn't let me down lol

We have been working with Roy from Oakford. He has been fantastic-still early days. We needed to get some width to the front of the house so we have a garage, lounge/theatre, entry and main bedroom across the front. We are also going Australian federation/colonial across the front with a verandah and quoins and banding. It looks good on paper, so hoping it will be good in reality. It should fit in with the character of the country setting.
Trying to arrange NBN connection as I have a small business and without internet I can't run it. Anyway-what FUN- apparently there is no Aurora Cct, Meadows, there is no NBN. We have to start with ADSL-which requires a phone jack-which we didn't have put in as we don't use a home phone.....can't call NBN, they only allow you to email and they will endeavour to respond within 5 business days. What a joke! We had to pay over $1100 for something to do with encumbrances and NBN and it's not available. Not happy here today!
Umm, what!?! So we can't get NBN? Or just not straight away? So we have to set up ADSL even though we are supposed to have NBN? Oooooh I won't be happy if that's the case!!

Yep apparently eventually when NBN connect it-the street in front of us has it live but we don't. Apparently ADSL, wireless or so our builder just said, she had naked dsl which you dont need a phone jack for. So angry right now! We (as did probably everyone) had data points installed and the boxes in the garage etc and now we will have to pay for a new modem and then enter into a contract most likely! Not happy!!
Ohhh that sucks!
I didn't think it would be an issue, just assumed it would be ready to go. We had to organize WDSL in the rental we are in now and I did lots of ringing around to compare deals/prices - you can do no contract but the set up fee is usually higher... That's so crap! Any idea when they will connect NBN?

Same here! Hopefully NBN call me back tomorrow.
Also, Brett thinks as there is no copper wires that we could only have wireless?! hope not as that is SO expensive!
Hi Jakki
When we signed for the land Im sure we were told by Ben that the NBN could be connected and there was no need for another system. Have you found out any more about it?
Hi Bonython07, not yet! NBN STILL haven't called me back! I am about to email again-I wish I could get a number and call them. I will definitely update in here once I know
Hi JakkiT,
Which internet provider are you trying to arrange connection through? We will be in the same situation as you are when our place is eventually built.
My husband has his own IT business and its critical for him to have access. He is an Adam Internet reseller so I can send you his contact details if you want him to try and see what he can find out through them.

Hi Katmeow01- ive tried 4 companies. they cant even find the street lol! NBN have called and its not available until january!! so i dont think it will be an issue for most of you but for the few of us about to move in-we have no option apart from wireless which is super expensive-not to mention having to enter into a 24 month contract! ill be making more calls today
Hi JakkiT,
If you want to have a chat with Alex feel free to call him. He may have some good suggestions for you. I promise, he isn't someone to put any hard sell options to you but he knows the industry well so he will give you some advice (free advice too).
His website WWW.itnogo.com.au has his contact details on it, just let him know who you are and that I told you to talk to him.

Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum