Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

land in circa berwick

Page 22 of 24
jang25
PEARZ
Thanks Eve, that's what i thought but 8homes trying to charge my sister in law for opticom. She just brought a land in stage 4 so close by neighbours!

Hi PEARZ even am building with 8 homes in alarah estate. no one in this forum is currently building with them.. as you said your sister in law s building with them, may I ask you which design is she building, how s her experience with them. Because sometimes they really good in dealing. but their costs are very inconsistent .. I reallly have no damn idea of building process.. now am very concerned about building especially with them..so thought it will be great if we could share our experience

Hi Jang25, my sil has decided not to continue with 8ight homes, wasn't really cost effective with them. I think she has settled on metricon cause the floor plan works a lot better for her. Sorry couldn't help! Good luck
thanks for your reply PEARZ .. hope my building process goes smooth with them.
Has anyone brought in stage 4 in circa estate?
Is anyone else building with carsile homes?
union7

Half the Circa estate has been built Carsile...
maybe they should re-mane it to "Carsile 1886"
Ohh really! that's interesting! They properly should than!

For those that have built with Carsile what were your site costs like?
We haven been given an allowance until they are able to get a soil test, was the allowance generally spot on, or fall over or under?
Como104
union7

Half the Circa estate has been built Carsile...
maybe they should re-mane it to "Carsile 1886"

I signed for Stage 3 in Nov'14 with title expected in Feb'15!!!!. I am still waiting for title........
Titles take a while, ours were delayed in stage one as well

My sil is also delayed till august. Shes in stage 4b i believe
Ohh wow! that's crazy about stage 3. How frustrating.
Como104
PEARZ
Quick question to those in circa, if we'e building on land with a 1.2 fall what's the likely site cost for it?

Would not like to even guess this one, we were 600mm and price ranged from $9500 - $28000 depending on builder!!!...

well looks like metricon is trying to slug them 32K for site costs... Oops
Hey people, is anyone interested in creating a facebook group for circa residents so we can share info regarding anything to do with thr neighbour, similar to what berwick waters have on facebook??

Unless there is already a group created?
PEARZ
Hey people, is anyone interested in creating a facebook group for circa residents so we can share info regarding anything to do with thr neighbour, similar to what berwick waters have on facebook??

Unless there is already a group created?

Did you buy land in Circa? I am envious

If anyone is on facebook and is interested search circa 1886 clyde nth... haha haven't thought of a more orginal name!
Anyone that brought in Stage 4, have your builders been able to gain access for your soil and site survey?
union7

We haven been given an allowance until they are able to get a soil test, was the allowance generally spot on, or fall over or under?

How come Carlisle won't able to fix your site cost beforehand?

I am building in Stage 5 - titles next year and Carlisle has fix my site cost last week...

I would be pushing for them to fix... what was your allowance and fall if i may ask?
Guys,

Need some help deciphering some estate guidelines regarding front facades, please!

"Two houses of the same facade shall not be built or approved by the DRP on:
[list=][/list]the next 2 lots on both sides of the lot; and
[list=][/list]the 3 lots directly opposite the lot."

My interpretation is say I am lot 107 and turns out neighbour at lot 111 has signed for a particular facade with the same builder... Based on reading that my understanding from this is:

"two houses to the right and two houses to the left of lot 111 cannot build the same (so lots 110,109,112 & 113), but I am 4 houses from the right and there are no other houses opposite us..."

so confused, Belinda keeps saying 4 houses... and that my buidler will be able to confirm for me
PEARZ
union7

I am building in Stage 5 - titles next year and Carlisle has fix my site cost last week...

I would be pushing for them to fix... what was your allowance and fall if i may ask?

I have been told our pricing will be fixed once our soil test has been completed.
I believe because we haven't brought a house and Land package together that's why it hasn't been fixed.
our allowance is $15k and I am not sure about fall.
We are waiting to get our soil tests done for stage 4. We have been told they cant be completed at the moment.
at the moment because they cant get the soil tests done its holding up all our finalised pricing.
union7
PEARZ
union7

I have been told our pricing will be fixed once our soil test has been completed.
I believe because we haven't brought a house and Land package together that's why it hasn't been fixed.
We are waiting to get our soil tests done for stage 4. We have been told they cant be completed at the moment.
at the moment because they cant get the soil tests done its holding up all our finalised pricing.

Mine wasn't part of house and land, brought separately. We have a rough fall of 0.86 and my site cost came back just less than $15K. Most of stage 4 (apart from the ones on viewbright) from what i can see are on fairly flat land so hopefully it won't be more than 15K for you (my sister in law - stage 4b is roughly $32K for site cost cause her fall is roughly 1.6m or less)....
at the moment because they cant get the soil tests done its holding up all our finalised pricing.[/quote]

Mine wasn't part of house and land, brought separately. We have a rough fall of 0.86 and my site cost came back just less than $15K. Most of stage 4 (apart from the ones on viewbright) from what i can see are on fairly flat land so hopefully it won't be more than 15K for you (my sister in law - stage 4b is roughly $32K for site cost cause her fall is roughly 1.6m or less)....[/quote]

Ours was the same.. I've been told it will be all fixed once the soil test report is completed.
So hopefully we can get that shortly.
Where is your sister in law building that's crazy!
I know our fall is just under the fall of what they will fix... I think builders only do fixed costings if the fall is under a particular amount.
Hopefully it all happens shortly.. we cant for it too start. Should be titled Early October at the moment.
union7

Mine wasn't part of house and land, brought separately. We have a rough fall of 0.86 and my site cost came back just less than $15K. Most of stage 4 (apart from the ones on viewbright) from what i can see are on fairly flat land so hopefully it won't be more than 15K for you (my sister in law - stage 4b is roughly $32K for site cost cause her fall is roughly 1.6m or less)....[/quote]

Ours was the same.. I've been told it will be all fixed once the soil test report is completed.
So hopefully we can get that shortly.
Where is your sister in law building that's crazy!
I know our fall is just under the fall of what they will fix... I think builders only do fixed costings if the fall is under a particular amount.
Hopefully it all happens shortly.. we cant for it too start. Should be titled Early October at the moment.[/quote]

haha hers is on viewbright, on one of those massive hills (that's what i call them!)

Good luck, hopefully it doesn't delay any longer than it already has!
Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

14/09/2023
New house land/slab drainage?

General Discussion

Thanks for the heads up mate, greatly appreciated 👍

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum