Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Bayside : Our Glendale 45

Page 21 of 32
Just finished moving a first load in, 2 more tomorrow, then hopefully the tiler will be into it, and the removalists are booked for next Friday...

In-laws lob next Friday as well, but are under strict Ord from my wife to not unpack anything

Congratulations! Welcome to our lovely neighbourhood. I’m sure we will bump into each other one day
Good luck with it all. We've still not finished getting everything in place...

So the move in has started. Few issues - we only have one key, as the SS reset the locks with a key that he only had one of. Had the cheek this morning to ask if I'd go and get new ones cut myself... Ahh, not happening ..

Have found popped screws, small dents in the wall, a chip in the kitchen bench, doors missing stops and screws in hinges, and to top it off, cracked tiles in the floor of the powder room, which is the only bathroom they haven't retiled at this time...

All things that should have been picked up, or fixed since PCI...

Drew01
So the move in has started. Few issues - we only have one key, as the SS reset the locks with a key that he only had one of. Had the cheek this morning to ask if I'd go and get new ones cut myself... Ahh, not happening ..

Have found popped screws, small dents in the wall, a chip in the kitchen bench, doors missing stops and screws in hinges, and to top it off, cracked tiles in the floor of the powder room, which is the only bathroom they haven't retiled at this time...

All things that should have been picked up, or fixed since PCI...

That pretty disappointing that they did handover with so many issues still unresolved. Very frustrating for you...
We've found lots of little things that were missed as well, like a cracked tile and paint on all the floors. It's a pain.

Congrats mate, sad to hear these issues, No accountability: (
Congrats Drew....that is awesome ...enjoy moving into the house you'll chose....It will be a great feeling for sure. Sad to see issues that should have been fixed , hope they do it quickly. Good luck and keep the pics coming.....

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
The issues keep being found... Caulking full of grout and screed, damaged window frames that Southern Star have tried to cover up, caulking that isn't complete...

On a brighter note, the removalists are delivering our stuff tomorrow, 2 days early due to a stuff up, and the tiler is also starting tomorrow...

Excited about the tiling job : )
Wild
Excited about the tiling job : )
Yeah, Ben's a top young bloke, really looking forward to seeing his workmanship

Surprised you got handover with incomplete caulking; we were pushed back a week because the inspector wouldnt pass a house with caulking missing from one tile!
Turns out our shower screens are ok, but we've been palmed off to maintenance for all the defects they weren't corrected between PCI and handover... Pretty p'd off with the attitude to be honest

Drew01
Turns out our shower screens are ok, but we've been palmed off to maintenance for all the defects they weren't corrected between PCI and handover... Pretty p'd off with the attitude to be honest

Oh no...That is such poor attitude from M, I thought they had to note it all down and you sign it on the tablet?
My walkthrough is today....

excited_builders
Drew01

Oh no...That is such poor attitude from M, I thought they had to note it all down and you sign it on the tablet?
My walkthrough is today....

That's correct, but you don't get a second inspection to make sure they've actually fixed everything

My coffee, SodaStream and toast station in the Butler's Pantry...

I'd wanted to plumb the SodaStream to a big carbon dioxide bottle under the bench, but it was too hard to get a bayonet installed in the bench top, so have to resort to filling my own small cannisters...

Drew01
My coffee, SodaStream and toast station in the Butler's Pantry...

I'd wanted to plumb the SodaStream to a big carbon dioxide bottle under the bench, but it was too hard to get a bayonet installed in the bench top, so have to resort to filling my own small cannisters...

Looks awesome....we are also planning to use the butlers for all the daily electronic equipment !

For those who have been playing along with the issues we had with the dividing fence between us and our neighbour with a rental, here's todays' encounter!!!

Had an extremely unpleasant encounter with the mother from hell of our neighbour with the rental this morning.

After our beautiful new fences being put up, they decided to ignore the fencers' invoice, and sent back a scathing email about how dishonest he is, and that the fence looks "absolutely horrible" (sound familiar for those who've been reading my thread? Same woman, same attitude)

So, he arranges to meet them this morning at 10am, and asks if I can be there to back him up, in that he built what they originally demanded.

He gets here a bit early, so I walk out with my coffee and have a chat (he's a top bloke), and the neighbours parents rock up.

She gets out of her car, and the first words out of her mouth are "what's that f'ing b'tard doing here?" To which I replied - "I live here, and we need to discuss your issue with the new fence."

Well, from there on in, it turned into a complete ship fight ... Both her and her allegedly non-English speaking husband, who now speaks perfect English (amazing what you can learn in 6 weeks), proceed to lay into me and the fencer, to the point that I had two fists waved in my face, and being called an f'ing C, Mother F'er and bunch of other choice terms from both of them - yes - including a 60-70 year old woman!!! So I asked for the language to be toned down, as my 6-year old twins were standing on the porch watching me trying my best to get a punch laid on me
and was told to get my f'ing kids inside, and that they'd say whatever the F they wanted to, so at that stage I told them to get off my property, or I'd call the police and have them removed.

The tirade of abuse continued from the other side of the fence, including being told to "get out of my f'ing sight" whilst I was telling my daughter that the reason the "lady" was yelling bad words at me is "because she's not a lady at all".

So, the fencer goes in to discuss the issue with them, including them complaining about the back fence, which had to be extended due to us moving the fence BACK to the survey line, which gave them 2 1/2 foot of what was technically our land via adverse possession.

Demands made as to what they want done with the front fence, more abuse hurled at me over the fence, and punched fists into hands as they drove off.

Afterwards, talking to our fencer, she's advised him that she's going to take us to the Magistrates Court, which we're simply delighted about, as there is absolutely no chance in hell she can win, given we have essentially given her $20k worth of land.

I just wish I'd recorded the encounter on my phone, as it would be all over Facebook by now, or with A Current Affair...

Be warned folks, there are some complete nut jobs out there...
I”m absolutely speechless
Drew01
For those who have been playing along with the issues we had with the dividing fence between us and our neighbour with a rental, here's todays' encounter!!!

Had an extremely unpleasant encounter with the mother from hell of our neighbour with the rental this morning.

After our beautiful new fences being put up, they decided to ignore the fencers' invoice, and sent back a scathing email about how dishonest he is, and that the fence looks "absolutely horrible" (sound familiar for those who've been reading my thread? Same woman, same attitude)

So, he arranges to meet them this morning at 10am, and asks if I can be there to back him up, in that he built what they originally demanded.

He gets here a bit early, so I walk out with my coffee and have a chat (he's a top bloke), and the neighbours parents rock up.

She gets out of her car, and the first words out of her mouth are "what's that f'ing b'tard doing here?" To which I replied - "I live here, and we need to discuss your issue with the new fence."

Well, from there on in, it turned into a complete ship fight ... Both her and her allegedly non-English speaking husband, who now speaks perfect English (amazing what you can learn in 6 weeks), proceed to lay into me and the fencer, to the point that I had two fists waved in my face, and being called an f'ing C, Mother F'er and bunch of other choice terms from both of them - yes - including a 60-70 year old woman!!! So I asked for the language to be toned down, as my 6-year old twins were standing on the porch watching me trying my best to get a punch laid on me
and was told to get my f'ing kids inside, and that they'd say whatever the F they wanted to, so at that stage I told them to get off my property, or I'd call the police and have them removed.

The tirade of abuse continued from the other side of the fence, including being told to "get out of my f'ing sight" whilst I was telling my daughter that the reason the "lady" was yelling bad words at me is "because she's not a lady at all".

So, the fencer goes in to discuss the issue with them, including them complaining about the back fence, which had to be extended due to us moving the fence BACK to the survey line, which gave them 2 1/2 foot of what was technically our land via adverse possession.

Demands made as to what they want done with the front fence, more abuse hurled at me over the fence, and punched fists into hands as they drove off.

Afterwards, talking to our fencer, she's advised him that she's going to take us to the Magistrates Court, which we're simply delighted about, as there is absolutely no chance in hell she can win, given we have essentially given her $20k worth of land.

I just wish I'd recorded the encounter on my phone, as it would be all over Facebook by now, or with A Current Affair...

Be warned folks, there are some complete nut jobs out there...

Wow.... I just can’t believe people can be like that! Well done for trying to stay calm in that madness.
Related
13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum