Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Noosa 23MK11- North Brisbane

Page 3 of 7
Hi Zara,
Is your 09-30 window in the family room a sliding or Awning window?
We have been charged $593 to do the same for the Capri 26. Ours is a Awning window.
We are at the contract stage but haven't signed as yet.

Best of Luck moving forward.
It is a sliding window, however it is replacing 2 21-09 sliding windows so were saving a bit!
Following!

How did you go with your electrical and tile appointment?
On Saturday we went to our Beaumont Tiles appointment:

Bathroom and Ensuite Walls: Nova Carrara Bianco 300 x 600

Ensuite & Main bathroom Feature Wall: Carrara Hex Satin 270 x 281

Main Floors & Laundry: Belga White 600 x 600 $892.00

Bathroom and Ensuite Floors : Belga Charcoal 300 x 600 Standard

Kitchen Splash back: Carrara Brick Bevel 285 x 291 $332.00

Ensuite Wall Upgrades: $600.00

Main Bathroom Upgrades: $660.00

Grout Upgrades: $140.00

We are going to our National Tiles appointment this Saturday where we will compare prices!

Our electrical appointment had to be rescheduled which will be in the following weeks however any upgrades we will do later besides from fans!
Zara99
On Saturday we went to our Beaumont Tiles appointment, we have spent $2,500 over budget as we are having 600 x 600 tiles throughout the main areas of the house, this came to $900. We only had standard tiles in the laundry and both bathroom floors. I had my eyes set on the marble 'fan' mosaic however for the kitchen splash back it was $2,200 extra so we decided on marble looking tiles as shown below.

We are going to our National Tiles appointment this Saturday where we will compare prices!

Our electrical appointment had to be rescheduled which will be in the following weeks however any upgrades we will do later besides from fans!

What's the tile for your main flooring?
The white to the very left, I don't know if I am set on it as I'm thinking a gloss white would be nice or Vinyl.
Zara99
The white to the very left, I don't know if I am set on it as I'm thinking a gloss white would be nice or Vinyl.

$2500 is around the same price as national tiles majestic series. Beaumont quoted $4000 for bora Carrara tiles. If I go porcelain and full height tiles in bathrooms, total comes to $8000

My electrical bill came to $9000.. my budget is gone for a toss
Ahhh Crazy how quick the money goes! Our main floor tiles were in range for the smaller size so we only have to pay the labour for the bigger size and we went the same tile in a smaller size for the laundry & toilet to avoid unnecessary costs.

My boyfriend is an electrician so we aren't doing any upgrades in regards to lighting or electrical just going to get them to install the fans which we will provide. We have budgeted $4000 for electrical which were not likely to go near!

Have you got any photos of your tile selections?
Nice plans ! We walked through the Noosa display in Killara and it's gorgeous. Can't wait to see your progress.
Zara99
Ahhh Crazy how quick the money goes! Our main floor tiles were in range for the smaller size so we only have to pay the labour for the bigger size and we went the same tile in a smaller size for the laundry & toilet to avoid unnecessary costs.

My boyfriend is an electrician so we aren't doing any upgrades in regards to lighting or electrical just going to get them to install the fans which we will provide. We have budgeted $4000 for electrical which were not likely to go near!

Have you got any photos of your tile selections?

Beaumont tiles - bath & ensuite walls& flooring

Gastone Carrara for floor and 3 walls, pietra charcoal for feature wall behind vanity.
Bora Carrara for main floor tiles. (No sample for pic), white hexagon for splashback.

National Tiles
Majestic limestone for main floors and bath floors, cream white hydrocarbons behind vanity.

Blue tile for ensuite floor and wall.
Black hexagon for kitchen splashback

Hi All,

Last weekend we went to our National Tiles selection, I highly suggest attending both Tile companies as their prices are extremely different! Beaumont quoted us around $2.5k extras and National Tiles quoted us around 3.4k extra, we are more than likely going with National Tiles as I was able to get everything I wanted (Including the Marble Fans I desperately wanted!!). Bare in mind we are not signing any documents until after our colour selection to avoid going over budget!

Bathroom and Ensuite Floors and Walls: Como Black Shine 450 x 450 Standard

Kitchen Splash back: Carrara Marble White Fan 245 x 235 $1,490.00

Main Floors & Laundry: Versailles Calacatta Polished 600x600 $1,680.00

Ensuite Vanity Feature Wall: Carrara Gloss Bevelled 200 x 100 $156.83

And around $200 on grout upgrades!

Overall prepare to spend plenty of money on tiles because the standard range low key sucks!!
Zara99

Hi All,

Last weekend we went to our National Tiles selection, I highly suggest attending both Tile companies as their prices are extremely different! Beaumont quoted us around $2.5k extras and National Tiles quoted us around 3.4k extra, we are more than likely going with National Tiles as I was able to get everything I wanted (Including the Marble Fans I desperately wanted!!). Bare in mind we are not signing any documents until after our colour selection to avoid going over budget!

Overall prepare to spend plenty of money on tiles because the standard range low key sucks!!

Awesome Zara!!! The selections look great!!!
We had our colour selection on Tuesday this week.. it was really fun to see how our selections go together with the colours until I was provided the upgrades cost around 8 k.

8 K for electricals
6 K for tiles
8 K for colour upgrades

Yay!!!
They don't warn you about the upgrade prices hey, it becomes a big shock!

Luckily we've had a look around the colour selections and got our sales guy to price things up so we have a rough idea on costs.
Zara99
They don't warn you about the upgrade prices hey, it becomes a big shock!

Luckily we've had a look around the colour selections and got our sales guy to price things up so we have a rough idea on costs.

I was roughly aware of the costs and we thought we wouldn't go for them.. but on the day we ended up choosing them anyway..

Plantation homes has a online visualizer where you can apply your selections and I found it to be a great tool..

My selections would look something like this..

https://pin.it/jcgnmonvsnlg2m
Zara99

Hi All,

Hey Zara, were they okay when you told them after the tile selection that you won't be signing the contract yet?
We are also hesitant as the site cost increased unexpectedly high and really don't want to blow our budget any further.
We have National Tiles appointment today then 2 weeks later Beaumont tiles. Really hoping that we wont have any obligation on the day.
Many Thanks,
Aggie
Just say you have the other tile selection to do or you're still waiting on finance approval, don't feel pressured to sign anything! I refuse to sign mine until after the colours appointment to ensure we stay inside our budget, cause we've been shocked by the extra costs also!
Zara99
Just say you have the other tile selection to do or you're still waiting on finance approval, don't feel pressured to sign anything! I refuse to sign mine until after the colours appointment to ensure we stay inside our budget, cause we've been shocked by the extra costs also!

Apparently we are only allowed to attend one or the other, if we choose to go to both N Tiles and B Tiles Coral will charge us $500 consultation fee....So I might going to say waiting on the finance approval
Which is actually true

Thanks again xxx
Are you building with Coral Homes?
Because Coral Homes you are allowed to attend and decide which has better variation/pricing and just to let the company we aren''t going with know. I would try and make appointments with both secretly as their pricing is super different! But yes don't let them know about your finance if you're wanting to avoid signing the documents before your other appointments, be in control!
Hey.. do you know the bench in the study nook is not a standard inclusion? Everything's an upgrade.. having lot of fun
Sivatejag
Hey.. do you know the bench in the study nook is not a standard inclusion? Everything's an upgrade.. having lot of fun

I believe if it is stated on the plan then it would be standard, but only with standard finish laminex bench top.
I am not an expert and everything is so confusing...
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum