Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Starting our KDR journey Metricon Glendale 50

Page 3 of 10
Our Invoice finally got paid. Now for the frame invoice they need a driveway quote since originally we had put it in n then took it out. So they based the loan on the original value so now we have to get driveway quotas within the next 48hours so as to not delay the payment. Any references on driveways for a quote? They need to be registered or licensed for M to be able to accept their quotes.

Some pics from last week...a but late in posting but there were a few days when no work was done at site. The Sm said its because there was a delay with the frame reinspection which caused other delays to booked dates.

They did a good job of the wrapping. Hopefully they don't start to come apart due to the rains and winds before it is covered up

Hi excited_builders, have you given any thought to putting a blind on the window in the ensuite shower (assuming you have a window in the shower)? Or are you putting cavity sliders on the ensuite? We are not closing off the ensuite, so are concerned with light that will come into the bedroom at night/early morning from the shower window. Thinking about a blockout blind, but not sure if water/steam will affect or damage it....
shokel1975
Hi excited_builders, have you given any thought to putting a blind on the window in the ensuite shower (assuming you have a window in the shower)? Or are you putting cavity sliders on the ensuite? We are not closing off the ensuite, so are concerned with light that will come into the bedroom at night/early morning from the shower window. Thinking about a blockout blind, but not sure if water/steam will affect or damage it....
Some pics...

excited_builders
shokel1975
Some pics...

I don't have a window above the ensuite. We only have it above the bath tub and it's a massive one still not sure what to put the but most likely it will be blinds. I reckon I should have taken blinds from M.

excited_builders
excited_builders
shokel1975
Some pics...

I don't have a window above the ensuite. We only have it above the bath tub and it's a massive one still not sure what to put the but most likely it will be blinds. I reckon I should have taken blinds from M.

Where are you getting your blinds from?

I’m not sure yet. We haven’t even started the build. About to sign final contracts in coming weeks. We will get a couple of quotes once we narrow it down to what window coverings we want. We are thinking roller blinds on all windows with sheer curtains over the top for living areas and master bed.
Looking great. Your build is steaming ahead. Wish I had that many Brickies on site. My lot are just putting along.
On one pic it showed your house wrap was up on the second story. How did they do that without scaffold?

shokel1975
I’m not sure yet. We haven’t even started the build. About to sign final contracts in coming weeks. We will get a couple of quotes once we narrow it down to what window coverings we want. We are thinking roller blinds on all windows with sheer curtains over the top for living areas and master bed.

That’s what I’m getting. It took the lady 4 hours to measure the whole house and show me the samples

viewtopic.php?t=86597
stoff17
Looking great. Your build is steaming ahead. Wish I had that many Brickies on site. My lot are just putting along.
On one pic it showed your house wrap was up on the second story. How did they do that without scaffold?

I may have missed posting some pics earlier....or posted in building with metricon under someone else's post.....but the scaffolding was there right till the top. They only just took it off.

Doulton777
shokel1975

That’s what I’m getting. It took the lady 4 hours to measure the whole house and show me the samples

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Who did you use Doulton?
shokel1975
Doulton777
shokel1975

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Who did you use Doulton?

http://www.decorlux.com.au I got it off a lovely lady on here.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
shokel1975
Doulton777
[quote="shokel1975"]I’m not sure yet. We haven’t even started the build. About to sign final contracts in coming weeks. We will get a couple of quotes once we narrow it down to what window coverings we want. We are thinking roller blinds on all windows with sheer curtains over the top for living areas and master bed.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Who did you use Doulton?

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]Have you got a quoted price yet?

excited_builders
stoff17

I may have missed posting some pics earlier....or posted in building with metricon under someone else's post.....but the scaffolding was there right till the top. They only just took it off.

Ah that makes some sense now, it’s that top hat one. We had that up for the roof but they didn’t put top wrap on and it came down pretty quickly. I wish they did put it up to protect from the elements. Your wrapping looks so tight sealed, I would be happy with that

stoff17
excited_builders
stoff17

Ah that makes some sense now, it’s that top hat one. We had that up for the roof but they didn’t put top wrap on and it came down pretty quickly. I wish they did put it up to protect from the elements. Your wrapping looks so tight sealed, I would be happy with that

Its always tight when they put it on, then it generally comes off while they wait for the walls to be out up.

Just make sure they reattached it before the walls goes up.

Renman
stoff17
excited_builders
[quote="stoff17"]Looking great. Your build is steaming ahead. Wish I had that many Brickies on site. My lot are just putting along.

Its always tight when they put it on, then it generally comes off while they wait for the walls to be out up.

Just make sure they reattached it before the walls goes up.

[/quote]Yes will check that they re attach them. Last week's update...they have completed the bricks, removed the scaffolding n put it again for the render...stairs are complete and the electrician came in and did all the Led cut outs, power points etc....they also sanded the slab, and filled in waterproof for the wet areas.

Some updated pics. ...

Renman
Doulton777
shokel1975
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="shokel1975"]I’m not sure yet. We haven’t even started the build. About to sign final contracts in coming weeks. We will get a couple of quotes once we narrow it down to what window coverings we want. We are thinking roller blinds on all windows with sheer curtains over the top for living areas and master bed.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Who did you use Doulton?

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]Have you got a quoted price yet?

[/quote]

Nope still nothing. Plus I put my plans through another blind company. And nothing again. It’s so annoying. Do any of these blind places want business or what? I’m starting to get annoyed. Been trying now for 3 weeks to try and get a quote. If my hubby did business this way. He would go bust.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
excited_builders
Some updated pics. ...

Your house is coming along really well excited_builders! What an exciting time for you. What facade have you chosen?
Related
24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum