Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Sekisui House - St George

Page 3 of 82
shazaw
We requested pantry doors to be made from the same material and paint as cupboards ( didn't want doors to look out of place by having slight different colour) but they cannot make them... all pantry doors are now same as room doors. I'm still in dilemma regarding to pantry doors. The colour for pantries and cupboards are not the same.
Are your kitchen cupboards laminated or some sort of painted timber?

Either way, it sounds a bit odd regarding the "maximum size".
Here's a photo of our WIP doors which we paid extra to have matching our cupboards (as opposed to just a normal painted door like one to a room). They are 620mm wide each and normal door height. Basically, just an oversized cupboard door.
clintdb
shazaw
We requested pantry doors to be made from the same material and paint as cupboards ( didn't want doors to look out of place by having slight different colour) but they cannot make them... all pantry doors are now same as room doors. I'm still in dilemma regarding to pantry doors. The colour for pantries and cupboards are not the same.
Are your kitchen cupboards laminated or some sort of painted timber?

Either way, it sounds a bit odd regarding the "maximum size".
Here's a photo of our WIP doors which we paid extra to have matching our cupboards (as opposed to just a normal painted door like one to a room). They are 620mm wide each and normal door height. Basically, just an oversized cupboard door.

Hello clintdb, the kitchen pantry doors are 520mm*2340mm. The corner pantry is 620mm*2340mm. I think it is because of the height of the doors. It's will be good if every things match, I will talk to CSO again. If they still insist and can not do.... I will just leave it and fix it later.
Kitchen cupboards are laminated.
shazaw
clintdb
Hello clintdb, the kitchen pantry doors are 520mm*2340mm. The corner pantry is 620mm*2340mm. I think it is because of the height of the doors. It's will be good if every things match, I will talk to CSO again. If they still insist and can not do.... I will just leave it and fix it later.
Kitchen cupboards are laminated.
Yes - the height is different - ours are around the 2080mm mark. To make it taller, surely it's just an extra hinge? Definitely a question to ask the SS. Or even take it directly to the subcontractor - not to tell them what to do, but just to ask if it's possible. At least then you have the answer straight from the horse's mouth
Hopefully every thing goes as planed. Demo to take place on 7 of March. We are busy saving items that can be reuse or giving things away. Some of the light fitting which we can reuse at current place. Took three people to dig up one metre hight azalea plant ( more to dig up and re pot). I have potted up all kind of plants from the garden. We have saved an old laundry tub (deep and big) as it is still in good condition which is coated with an enamel. There are two Japanese light house in the back garden, I have manage to remove the top lid of the light house but the rest were buried in the solid concrete, I just have to ask Demo guys nicely when they start clearing the backyard.

There is one special plant :- " english dogwood tree" ( I have not seen this plant in the nursery), luckily this plant is at the very far conner of the property which I would very much like to save not sure if Sekisui wants all plants to be remove from the land.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
Just wants to know how to keep the site after the demo is complete. The demo guys will have their own fence and SH will provide fence before they start the job. If SH cannot start until 4 weeks later, what do we do about the site in between the time.
Do we needs to get our own fence?

Please advice...

viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
We had that issue - the demo guys wanted their fence back and because SH were still mucking around not providing the final post-contract variations (in an actual complete and correct form anyway), we had to arrange temp fencing until SH actually started works on site.
I think we ended up using Pink Fences, although most of the companies are very similarly priced.
From memory, it was a 3-month minimum charge - but again, that's pretty standard.

You could always run the risk of being without a fence for a week or two if you think it's going to be close between demolisher removing and SH installing - but it is usually a council condition that the works remain fenced. And for your own sake, it will limit people using your block as a convenient dumping ground of rubbish that you will then have to pay to remove.

For a few days, I would just run the risk, but if it was more than 2 weeks, better to get a temp one up.

Of course, if you needed certain materials, you could always go to Bunnings and buy some long stakes and hook up some mesh etc - make your own. Just depends on how much that would cost and if you could re-use the materials afterwards or not.
Thanks for your input clintdb, we are still waiting for CC from council... not sure how long that will take. The way Hurstville Council processing paper works are horrendous. As our demo is on 7 of March, say it will take 1 week to clear add 2 weeks for Land Clearing Cert. Even if CC come through I don't think the built will start until end of May. That will be 2 months of unprotected land. I have seen many vacant land with rubbish dumped around our area. Will have to address this with CSO as soon as demo is complete.... sure she will know roughly the timing. If we have to wait for late start...I should definitely put fence at the front.
There are two things (main things anyway) that Sekisui need in order for the 20 days site mobilisation to commence:
1) Authority Approvals (the CC in this case)
2) Vacant land with clearance certificate.

- Case A: CC is received whilst your house is being demolished
You finish demolition and obtain the clearance certificate from the demolisher. This should be almost immediate as they will have it inspected during the demolition (or right towards the end) and the certificate will be issued straight away. You shouldn't need to wait 2 weeks for it.
You then send that on to Sekisui, and assuming you have fulfilled all other parts of your contract, the 20 days starts and Sekisui are on site within 4 weeks (with their own fence).

- Case B: CC takes a while longer
So you have completed the demolition and notified Sekisui, but they still can't start the 20 days as there is no authority approval to build.
In this case, you will probably need a temp fence as it could be 2 days or it could be 2 months for your CC to come through.

I would talk to a fencing group, explain that you might need a fence depending on when your CC comes out (have it all quoted and ready to go on your command) and then whilst the demo is progressing, decide then if you will need it or not.
clintdb
There are two things (main things anyway) that Sekisui need in order for the 20 days site mobilisation to commence:
1) Authority Approvals (the CC in this case)
2) Vacant land with clearance certificate.

- Case A: CC is received whilst your house is being demolished
You finish demolition and obtain the clearance certificate from the demolisher. This should be almost immediate as they will have it inspected during the demolition (or right towards the end) and the certificate will be issued straight away. You shouldn't need to wait 2 weeks for it.
You then send that on to Sekisui, and assuming you have fulfilled all other parts of your contract, the 20 days starts and Sekisui are on site within 4 weeks (with their own fence).

- Case B: CC takes a while longer
So you have completed the demolition and notified Sekisui, but they still can't start the 20 days as there is no authority approval to build.
In this case, you will probably need a temp fence as it could be 2 days or it could be 2 months for your CC to come through.

I would talk to a fencing group, explain that you might need a fence depending on when your CC comes out (have it all quoted and ready to go on your command) and then whilst the demo is progressing, decide then if you will need it or not.

Thank you so much Clint, yes I will go and get quotes on fencing group and also checkout on DIY fencing I do have green shade materials and many tomatoes stakes.

Construction certificate nearly in our hand BUT.... not yet.

Last Monday 22/2/2016 our CSO informed us that we have our CC. Upon checking the CC document, the address is wrong! THE ADDRESS IS WRONG!!!!

Luckily CSO noticed it and inform back to certifier before she emailing to us with Structural drawing List AND Price Adjustments.

Apparently it's the typo error for wrong address. They should have check the documents before sending out. So another set back. Again waiting... a week has passed by but no news yet.

We are also waiting for storm water pit Construction Certificate from council as well. Even if I have CC for main construction for the house I must wait for the little CC for Storm water.

Oh no! How can they not checked that error earlier? And for some important detail as the address?!!

Hopefully amending the relevant documents will not take that long...fingerscrossed!
Ok our demolition is now delay by one week. They can not start until 14th of March due to machinery break down. It's Ok we were expecting delay, one more week is not a long wait.

We now have correctly addressed Construction Certificate.

As well as a letter from Sekisui we have to provided "Authority to Commence Construction".
Finally the ball is rolling again.

Just waiting on Council for the little CC ( Strom water drainage work )

May be possible they will start by end of April?
Hopefully the Council is not going to hold up too long.

Yey! Another step closer..
EPaul888
Yey! Another step closer..

Thanks EPaul. Your second storey frames completed ?
I should start timing of work like clintdb, that way I can keep track of how long it will take to build and recorded timeline for myself...

Frames installation is ongoing. Yes, getting a timeline is handy, esp when you try to remember the dates of stages of build. I have mine on my very first post which I keep on updating at each stage.
As we are experiencing hot weather lately, we needed rain to cool down but I don't wants any rain next week.
Already delayed by one week for demolition.
So I will be praying very hard "rain, rain go away".

We had a called from demolition guys (lets call them demoB) today, and the demolition guys we had booked in for (demoA). The demolition (demoB) said the demolition guys (demoA) can no longer do the job and passed demolition job to (demoB).

Now the demoB will start demolition on Thursday 17.3.16.

We do not have full story why there was a change. The demoB try to rest-assure us, their company is larger than the demoA and transferring job is common. Of course we were concern that the cost will change it's a relief that demoB will be honouring the original price of (demoA).

I'm just thankful the demolition is still going ahead as planned. Now will have to wait and see what will be ahead for next week.

Fingers crossed for the demo this week! It'll be a relief when sorted
Hopefully all goes well on the demo, then your house starts soon afterwards! Pretty exciting.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum