Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Charlibear's Build -Finally in!

Page 191 of 230
Great progress!!!

Our Acacia build - http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86619
Bought our fridge and washing machine

I bought a front loader washing machine, we've only ever owned top loaders so I'm interested to see how this compares. 10kg front loader so we can stack our dryer on top as the laundry is a touch small

Also bought a 530l fridge woohoo excited

Getting real now

Oohh that fridge is great! Looks very practical. Especially the freezer!
I've ever only had top loaders too and I'm loving our front loader.

Great progress Charli!!!

August is just around the corner..next time I check your thread you might be doing the PCI

I would go with dark colour blinds (but not too dark) if I want it to be a feature or a light colour if something else close to the windows are to be the feature
charlibear
Bought our fridge and washing machine

I bought a front loader washing machine, we've only ever owned top loaders so I'm interested to see how this compares. 10kg front loader so we can stack our dryer on top as the laundry is a touch small

Also bought a 530l fridge woohoo excited

You are going to love the front loader! We were like you & only ever had a top loader, but now I'm converted
love the fridge!

Awe the puppy is just way too cute

I just ducked into the good guys on my lunch, I couldn't believe I actually picked out our fridge and washing machine in that time because usually I'm so indecisive lol - hubby was proud

The sales lady told me once I converted from a top loader I'd never look back me you ladies seem to say the same thing you love yours so I'm hoping it's the same for us
Front loaders are the best. Reason why I made my bench in my laundry go all along as I knew we would only have front loaders from now on.

That puppy is bigger than my dog fully grown
he is cute though.

Not sure if I answered last post but I liked your hubby's choice in blind colour. I'm not for the white as it may seem the house is washed out due to white walls, doors, cupboards, tiles and skirting - whereas darker will match the contrast with the carpet and your wood wall thingie being darker. It will just give that pop.

I love front loaders!! I got one from the Good Guys too and a 530L fridge
PP They've been holding them since December, they are very nice!!
The puppy is very cute
. My daughter keeps bugging me and I really want a puppy but I am going to hold off until I finish landscaping. My backyard will be a mud pit when I move in. I don't think a puppy/new house/mud is a very good mix.

Great to see more progress really hope you make August hand over, we are at the same stage and my SS tentatively said late Aug

Your washing machine is huge, I love my front loader. I found that my clothes seem to get less little balls.

10kg washing machine!! My dream haha although I am sticking to be a top loader gal - I don't want to mess with something I already love

And that fridge is great!! My parents where I am living at the moment have the older model but it looks like nothing bar the handle has changed and it is fantastic!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85653&p=1642230#p1642230
Ah I love a front loader - my clothes last soooo much longer and I wash a lot.
Lovely fridge too, we recently got one similar

I've never had a top loader lol but I hear that a front loader is way better although I never knew why

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406[/quote]

charlibear
I called my SS for an update because I haven't heard anything from GJ.

Vanities & kitchen are in
Eaves are finished
Architraves and skirting boards finished
Robes in bedrooms finished
Shelving in pantry and linen completed
Tank is definitely being delivered tomorrow
Downpipes to start Thursday
Timber feature wall starting tomorrow or Thursday - Cant wait to see this!!!
Tiles to start next week
Painting to start the week after

Maybe the end of August sounds achievable if they stick to this?
Seems we've made the right choice going with a front loader, I can't wait to use that bad boy

Hubby's blind choice is growing on me but I'm still waiting for the plain samples to come so I can compare

Can't wait to go out to the house this weekend, hubby hasn't been out since the plaster went up so will be good for him to see the house... because it's a 25 min drive from where we are he says he can't be bothered after he finishes work because he works 10+ hour days 6 days a week so I get it but he's going to have to drive it everyday soon enough

If GJ stick to their word for 25th Aug that's 4 weeks from today
We have a 10kg LG front loader and loooove it. You won't be sorry.

Wow 4 more weeks!!! You are going to beat us after all. Our build has gone on a go slow. We have been given official handover notice of 13th September..... 2 days before school holidays... so that should be fun moving with 3 kids. Can't wait though. I will sit back and watch the magic at your place in the meantime

Ooh! Looking forward to new photos this weekend.. MORE BRICK PHOTOS !!
DD
In love with my front loader, ahhhh Jesus who are you washing for but 10kg
we are a family of five and ours is 8kg and it fits so much more than I thought, you will only have to do a few loads a week. Mind you I do a load a day of work and school clothes because I have two teens and believe me you can't leave there clothes for long.

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke 31 weeks and WE ARE IN
We have a 7.5kg top loader at the in laws and I find it too small, especially in winter with all the bulky clothes

I only wash on weekends because I only wash Miss 5's clothes and try to shove as much as I can in so that's probably why I find it too small
hubby has days off through the week and washes his and my clothes then (I've trained him well)

This was my logic, I could always wash a smaller loader with a bigger machine but I couldn't wash a bigger load with a smaller machine... don't know if that makes sense to anyone else but that was my logic

Heading out this arv after hubby finishes work, he hasn't been out in forever so I'm dragging him out
can't wait to see bathroom vanities and tiles should be out there too as they are starting Monday, can't wait to bust into the boxes
taking a Stanley knife with me hehe
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum