Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

MainVue Amalfi 532 - Final Fit off

Page 20 of 23
Saint Girl
Your neighbour is a ....
Can't wait to see it all finished, furnished and landscaped!

Thanks Libby.

Just went through the house very quickly today (no photos sorry). Not a lot left to do, but definitely have seen some stuff that needs fixing. Hopefully now our SS is back, we'll fly through the last of it and cruise to handover

Hi camma,
How's the finishing go'in? Hope you're NHP will be soon
Hi Lyn, our SS is back at work this week after about 4 weeks, so I'm doing a pre-walkthrough with him tomorrow to go over the remaining items before they book NHP. Hopefully most of my concerns will be addressed and we can go about getting the final items closed out and then get our NHP.

Hi camma,
How's the walk through. Hope all went well

Mainvue Amalfi 530 - Our First build
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81745
strawbola
Narrewarren01

Yeah looks like it

Just out of curiosity what are the dimensions of that shower??

The shower dimension is 2m by 1.1m

Lyn11
Hi camma,
How's the walk through. Hope all went well

Hi Lyn, yeah the walk through went well. Most of my concerns are going to be addressed. Unfortunately the shower is not one of them. Also the water point in the fridge cavity is 300mm off the floor. The tap sticks out quite a bit, which is another really stupid thing that drafting did. I'll have to relocate that up the top of the cavity so I can actually get a fridge in there. The paint job all over is pretty scrappy. They're going to have to fix a lot of it.

We're working towards NHP happening before I go away for work again, which is before the 21st of September. So not long to go now
Happy that your walk through went well.
Oh that's the same with us. The water point for the fridge is too low
. Pointed out that to our SS, he is pretty sure that that's where it should be
It won't be long now for you camma and before you know it you are on your next stage... Post hand over task

So we've got our final Darbecca inspection happening this afternoon, and then NHP on Monday morning. I'm also off again overseas for work on Wednesday, so all the post-handover jobs will happen while I'm away (floors, lights, blinds, driveway). So it'll be a full on few weeks when I get back trying to get the remaining couple of jobs done, and then moving in. Looking forward to it all

Darbecca are doing the inspection before nhp? They not walking through it with you at nhp? You are very close! You must be pretty excited!!

Elite01
Darbecca are doing the inspection before nhp? They not walking through it with you at nhp? You are very close! You must be pretty excited!!

Yeah it was purely a scheduling thing. Our SS wanted to do NHP with me before I leave next week, and Darbecca had no times available on Monday. SS is in the office on Tuesday, and I leave on Wednesday morning. The way this works is that Darbecca get the inspection out to me tonight so I can get SS to have a look at it over the weekend, and then we go through all the items together on Monday for NHP. It's definitely not the standard way of doing it, but it'll get us over the line.

I know, very close now! Had to get cracking today at getting trades organised for Floor, Lighting, and Concrete. It's going to be fun trying to manage it all while in the Philippines.
Ahh okay that's fair enough. So you should have the keys a week from Monday?? How did the inspection go today?
Haha that is going to be a bit challenging from the Philippines!

Hey Cam, Your life sounds very hectic but at least you're organised. I'm still fussing about lights. We are still living with one light in each room and we've been in almost 2 months! Any new photos?

Very close camma...
Hey, what company are you go'in in the Philippines? Might see you there
joke
My company is planning to put up one extension in Luzon

Lyn11
Very close camma...
Hey, what company are you go'in in the Philippines? Might see you there
joke
My company is planning to put up one extension in Luzon

Oh nice Lyn! Would be nice to visit Luzon. This trip I'm starting in Cebu, then moving to Bacolod, and then working for the rest of the time out of Makati. Most of the time I usually spend working out Makati and Mall of Asia.
Saint Girl
Hey Cam, Your life sounds very hectic but at least you're organised. I'm still fussing about lights. We are still living with one light in each room and we've been in almost 2 months! Any new photos?

Lol, if we didn't go and purchase all the lights before the build was finished then we would be in the same boat. The way we kept changing out colour document at Cosham, you'd swear we could make our mind up to save ourselves.

How'd the driveway turn out?
Very happy with the colour and execution, it looks nice
Not happy with all the council's new rules regulations, especially regarding our new footpath (which we had to pay for) which has to stop 20cm from the front boundary and also had to be stained s particular colour. ... an added out of pocket cost to us, yet it's their asset! We are the first new build in our street so although we tried hard to make the house fit, our footpath is different to everyone else's!
Very excited that our landscapers started this week.

Saint Girl
Very happy with the colour and execution, it looks nice
Not happy with all the council's new rules regulations, especially regarding our new footpath (which we had to pay for) which has to stop 20cm from the front boundary and also had to be stained s particular colour. ... an added out of pocket cost to us, yet it's their asset! We are the first new build in our street so although we tried hard to make the house fit, our footpath is different to everyone else's!
Very excited that our landscapers started this week.

Councils can really make life difficult for new builds. If only we could do the same to then when they come to collect the rates!

Hey Cam,
Did you get keys?

Not yet Lyn. Our final inspection found a list of things to fix before we could sign off on the build. Our SS was hoping to have it all done by the end of this week, but I don't think he's finished yet. My wife was waiting to hear from him on Friday, but we'll have to wait till Monday now to know when we're good to have another inspection before making the final payment. Hopefully next week, but due to the public holiday on Friday, its probably not going to be until the week after.

Well, one more week not so bad... Excited to see pics with pendant lights on your huge family area
By the way, are you still in the Philippines, I heard there is storm there now. Hope to visit Philippines again

Related
25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum