Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Manor with Ventura WA-Got my DDs! *NEW PICS 21/8*

Page 20 of 21
Your house is totally fab!!! lurvee it!!!!! we are getting a similar looking kitchen to urs - so cant wait for ours to be built!!! btw what sort of splashback is yours? I know its glass - but what type??? and what colour???

ur timber looks kissable!!!! hubby really didnt want timber but after looking at yours, he'z saying "Maybe we should look at timber too" heheheh
kexkez
house looks fab. congrats. I wanted to do the exact same thing with pallets for our house but Dh wouldn't let me. he's such a spoilt sport sometimes.
hehehehe That's an awesome setup in the office that you have there.

I would love to know what paint colour you used in your kitchen, entry area. Can you remember what it was?

Ta kexkek
The pallets have been a godsend! At least my little guy (and the furry balck dog) can come into the house without dragging sand everywhere!

The office was a bit of a custom mod- we bought it after consulting the house plan measurements, but forgot to take the plaster thickness into account!
Hubby spent a whole day hacksawing off the edges of each desk to get it to fit!!!!

We have Solver "Vitesse" through the whole house. We are not adding colour until after the 6 month maintainence inspection
sara.alag
Your house is totally fab!!! lurvee it!!!!! we are getting a similar looking kitchen to urs - so cant wait for ours to be built!!! btw what sort of splashback is yours? I know its glass - but what type??? and what colour???

ur timber looks kissable!!!! hubby really didnt want timber but after looking at yours, he'z saying "Maybe we should look at timber too" heheheh

Thanks sara!
At least you have an idea of what yrs will look like now!!

Our glass is just the standard with the green tinge- the colour is cocoa cosmos.

We love, love, love our floors!
Tell yr hubby that it is TOTALLY a great investment!! Especially for re-sale in the future!
Everything looks fantastic Starbabe! The front of our house will be a similar colour and we've got the same glass mosaics in our ensuite!
hey startbabe,

can you please do me a favour and pm me the exposed aggr company's details??? We are thinking of getting that for the alfresco...rather than concrete + Outdoor tile...might even work out cheaper!

Thanks a million!!!!
A few more little additions this week, (still waiting on that Powerball so we can do the big stuff!!)

Hubby has added a rail under our laundry overhead cupboards to hang stuff on for drying etc... and I have made some canvas wall art of Trystan's name for this bedroom.
Not much I know, but at the moment ANY progress is good
The house looks great starbabe.. what type of timber floor have you got ?
psjoland

Its blackbutt.
Huggy_B
psjoland

Its blackbutt.

Thanks huggy-B, yes it is blackbutt psjoland.

Our timber arrived this week for our deck!!!!!
Very excited becasue it should be done within the next few weeks!! So we will finally be rid (well almost-still will have the garden beds) of SAND!!!!!!!!

It will be sad though.... we will have to dispose of our pallets!!!!!!!

Have also got some new bar stools for the island bench and FINALLY new chrome racks installed in my pantry for my spices!! It was driving me crazy dragging out a box and rifling through it to find the spice I wanted!!
Hi,

Love your home!! We are doing nearly the came colours, well actually most are the same colours so its great to see what ours will look like
I was just wondering what grade of blackbutt did you get? We are getting the thin boards in feature and better and cant find any pics of it anywhere.
Sorry to be a pain again but also can you tell me what kitchen colours you used
rhi3384
Hi,

Love your home!! We are doing nearly the came colours, well actually most are the same colours so its great to see what ours will look like
I was just wondering what grade of blackbutt did you get? We are getting the thin boards in feature and better and cant find any pics of it anywhere.

Thanks rhi! we love it too!

Our timber does have the feature in it and we do have the standard width boards so I'm pretty sure it will be a very similar looking floor to ours!
rhi3384
Sorry to be a pain again but also can you tell me what kitchen colours you used
Colours on pg 1
I am loving my DDs......My new DECK AND DYSON that is!!!!!

Here are some new pics:
THE DECK: it still needs oiling, we have to let the timber 'rest' for a couple of weeks and keep "watering" it so it will be a darker colour when it's done!)
...and hubby working hard in the background

THE SIDE PATH:
Not too bad for $400 and a weekend- even if I do say so myself

THE DYSON:
This was our housewarming present to ourselves! and boy was it worth the $$!! Here it is lovingly curled up in its new home! Can't you tell I just LOVE it!

MY BOYS WALL ART:
I did this a while ago but finally got around to putting up a pic!

We are almost rid of the sand WOOHOO!!
, just have the garden beds and a small area of paving to be done behind the garage.

Ventura have also finally installed a second exhaust fan in our ensuite aswell as we were having excess moisture issues with the heat/fan/light combo that they put in there originally.

Next up on the agenda is a dishwasher, hall table, buffet and new modular lounge with a chaise for the living area! *fingers crossed my numbers come in!
Gee Starbabe you guys have done a really great job there, it looks beautifull

Also glad to hear you have had you exhaust fan put in that will help things alot.
Oh....looking lovely! Your deck is divine! I absolutely love love love your timber floors too!
That's a beautiful deck
and the path couldn't have been better laid by a professional
it's perfect.
camyperth
Gee Starbabe you guys have done a really great job there, it looks beautifull

Also glad to hear you have had you exhaust fan put in that will help things alot.

thanks camy
everything we need at the moment costs time and money-both of which we have NONE!

Yeah we are a bit happier now the extra fan is in, gotta somehow clean the moisture marks off the walls (does anyone know how to do that??) to check to make sure it IS actually extracting the moisture properly!
Miss
Oh....looking lovely! Your deck is divine! I absolutely love love love your timber floors too!

Ta Miss!
We are very happy with the floors, especially now we have the dyson to keep them clean with!
suh
That's a beautiful deck
and the path couldn't have been better laid by a professional
it's perfect.

Ahhh-don't look too closely suh.......its actually not very straight or level, but it does the job!
Oh starbabe, it all looks so gorgeous, especially that deck
Related
6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

21/06/2023
New Pergola

Outdoor Living

Is there a building permit? RU in Victoria? What is the value of the building contract?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum