Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Henley Reserve (MainVue)- Aegean 38

Page 19 of 29
Happy Birthday to your hubby. Hope he has a great night.

I don't know how you can avoid going past. I can't help myself, lol.
There were 6 vehicles on site today so I popped up late this afternoon hoping that they were all gone but getting there before the time I think the camera's go on. And one was still there, lol. But I shouldn't complain because it means things are getting done. Will try again tomorrow, lol.

Have all the roofing and framing issues been fixed?
Thanks Bri - he was spoilt rotten. Favourite dinner cooked for him and home made sponge, cream and jam Birthday Cake. I've booked dinner for Saturday night for family to go out.

I didn't get to the house yesterday so many things to do but I'll be over near the house today so will see if I can get in and get some pics. It's hard not to go past but I would have been late to a couple of appointments yesterday if I had of detoured.

All framing issues are fixed and I believe that the roof is finally done, well Hubby said it is but didn't take pics yesterday when he was delivering the mail - so slack of him, but then he just wanted to finish up quickly.

Ahhh - can't always have good spies - lol

I can't believe how quickly your build is going up. You're going to be home before you know it and the new list of things to be done will start.
Rachael13
I've never bothered to check Henley portal for uploaded pics previously and one of the kids asked to check the photos sections. What a pleasant surprised to find these gems.

Plaster is just about completed and waterproofing with the self-levelling has been completed in the bathrooms.

Lounge and kitchen on the right.

Looking from lounge to kitchen

Dining

Kids Lounge upstairs

Downstairs shower

Different angle to downstairs shower

Master ensuite - Bath!! I miss baths sooooo much.

Love a skyline in the bedroom, pity it's not staying, opening is only there as the roof line is being fixed.

Opening of the roof and fixing it finally - yay!!! but concerned that the colorbond is not going back on until mid-week.

Bit by bit the house is getting built.
Is thatt a window aboves your niche ijn shower? Henley said it couldn't be done

Hi Spice Girl,
Yes this is a window above the shower niche. Window is standard in the Aegean and the niche placement is where Henley placed it from our colour appointment.

Here it is from the plans.

Henley and their inconsistences between clients is shocking.

We had our colour appointment Nov 2016, not sure if they changed things after this but hopefully this will assist you.
Rachael13
Hi Spice Girl,
Yes this is a window above the shower niche. Window is standard in the Aegean and the niche placement is where Henley placed it from our colour appointment.

We had our colour appointment Nov 2016, not sure if they changed things after this but hopefully this will assist you.
Thanks we asked for it last year in an ensuite we put downstairs for mum. So had to swap position of toilet and shower to get both window and niche.

spice girl
Rachael13
Hi Spice Girl,

Thanks we asked for it last year in an ensuite we put downstairs for mum. So had to swap position of toilet and shower to get both window and niche.

This is what I don't understand with Henley. Why it is standard in the Aegean plan but they made you jump thru hoops to get the same thing that they already have plans for. My heart goes out for those that are just starting with Henley where no structural modifications are permitted.

I guess they have enough business at the moment that they are struggling to manage.
Have brilliant timing today. Finished up an appointment this morning, rang Hubby and as he was just around the corner from the house, said that he'd meet him there.

Pulled into our street to see the SS car out the front. Perfect for a full nosey through the house. And was very surprised to see cabinets!!!!

The kitchen is huge and not what I was expected to see. We have kept out cabinets through out very low key and neutral.

Am so thrilled with how it looks, and can't wait for the Caesarstone to be installed.

Laundry.

Downstairs powder room

Kids powder room

Kids bathroom

Master ensuite

Our powder room

I'm a bit concerned with how dark the powder rooms are upstairs, so we may need to look into getting sklights in to these but this will be a decision after we have been living in the house for a bit.

Finally the roof is fixed.... Roof line is looking so much better.

This means that the plaster inside the bedroom can be completed.

Foam board for the outside, has been delivered and is awaiting to be installed.

SS says that we should be receiving the next invoice, in about a week or so for the house to be at lockup. I'm not phased by this - the longer they take with this, the more that the money stays in my bank account

We also have been told that our lounge suite and chairs that we bought before Xmas as a week away from being ready to be delivered but they will hold for us until the 2nd week of May, as no cost - Thank you very much.

Such an exciting visit to the house today.
Wow fantastic.
Your kitchen looks HUGE!!!
Rachael13
Have brilliant timing today. Finished up an appointment this morning, rang Hubby and as he was just around the corner from the house, said that he'd meet him there.

Pulled into our street to see the SS car out the front. Perfect for a full nosey through the house. And was very surprised to see cabinets!!!!

The kitchen is huge and not what I was expected to see. We have kept out cabinets through out very low key and neutral.

Am so thrilled with how it looks, and can't wait for the Caesarstone to be installed.

Laundry.

Downstairs powder room

Kids powder room

Kids bathroom

Master ensuite

Our powder room

I'm a bit concerned with how dark the powder rooms are upstairs, so we may need to look into getting sklights in to these but this will be a decision after we have been living in the house for a bit.

SS says that we should be receiving the next invoice, in about a week or so for the house to be at lockup. I'm not phased by this - the longer they take with this, the more that the money stays in my bank account

We also have been told that our lounge suite and chairs that we bought before Xmas as a week away from being ready to be delivered but they will hold for us until the 2nd week of May, as no cost - Thank you very much.

Be careful about skylights as it may affect the 50 year structural guarantee but if it doesn't I would be keen to know. Henley refused to do them.

spice girl
Rachael13

Laundry.

Downstairs powder room

Kids powder room

Kids bathroom

Master ensuite

Our powder room

Be careful about skylights as it may affect the 50 year structural guarantee but if it doesn't I would be keen to know. Henley refused to do them.

Good thinking - I didn't consider that this could affect the structural guarantee, but will verify with Henley if we go down this track.
We pick up the kids from school today - our daughter back from camp - yay!!, and was going to see if we could get in to show the progress to the kids.

Unfortunately we are fully locked up, back stacker, is no longer dummy locked but fully latched

However, builder doors for the laundry and front doors have been replaced with our permanent doors.

Couldn't get a decent pic of the laundry door as the scaffolding is in the way but..

Here is the unpainted front door - loving the colour - LOL....

Any updates Rachael?
Rachael13
We pick up the kids from school today - our daughter back from camp - yay!!, and was going to see if we could get in to show the progress to the kids.

Unfortunately we are fully locked up, back stacker, is no longer dummy locked but fully latched

However, builder doors for the laundry and front doors have been replaced with our permanent doors.

Couldn't get a decent pic of the laundry door as the scaffolding is in the way but..

Nice entrance, we lost our sidelight due to the pivot door. Looks like you left the glass as standard and not frosted.
Pros and cons for both as frosted gives privacy but minimal light whereas clear (looks better IMO) gives heaps of light but nil privacy.
I’m sure you’ll find a way into your house for some internal pics

firsttime_homies1401
Rachael13

Nice entrance, we lost our sidelight due to the pivot door. Looks like you left the glass as standard and not frosted.
Pros and cons for both as frosted gives privacy but minimal light whereas clear (looks better IMO) gives heaps of light but nil privacy.
I’m sure you’ll find a way into your house for some internal pics

Thanks Firsttime - we ummed and arrred on the front door, whether to leave clear or frosted. End decisions was if we don't like it clear, then we can always frost later. The big bonus that we have is that we have two German Shepherds and they are very nosey so will probably spend their time inside peering out the front door, which will cover the privacy components. We will also be putting up a front fence so really not concerned, at this stage at least.

The goop is keeping me away and the house is locked up very tight tho.
Bri1234
Any updates Rachael?

Been quiet at site, as it's all internals with the fixing chippy onsite, and with the goop and being locked out I haven't bothered to go around. Work this week has consumed me as I have to catch up with being out last week, so looooong days.

SS called me Monday to say that the bedroom plaster will be completed now that the roof is done, and we can book our prepaint/water proof inspections for next Tuesday, unfortunately neither hubby or I can make the appointment so it will be the inspectors on their own. SS also advised that the outside cladding should go up this week. Guess we'll be getting the lock up invoice very soon.

It's only Wednesday and I'm already hanging for the weekend.

Enough computer, my brain is fried.

I'll catch up with where you are at, in a few days, hope that all is going well.
Sounds like some progress so that is good. Looking forward to more pics when you can get in, lol
Within a space of just under 24hrs apart we received our lock up invoice and our fixing invoice - so nice of Henley to send these so quickly. 😧😧

Cladding is up on the outside of the house and all the eaves are installed.

Top level has had the bricks cleaned and the bottom level is booked to be completed 9 March. This means for the garage wall on the boundry the fence pailings have to be fully removed. Guess what we are doing tomorrow.

Inside all cabinets are completed, doors and architraves and skirting done.

Had a call from our SS and the bedroom ceiling and garage wall will not be plastered in time for the prepaint\fixing\waterproofing inspection that we have booked on Tuesday next week, but we are still going to proceed with this. Really how much can you stuff up two walls.... famous last words I know. But we do have another inspection along the way, which this can be reviewed.

Here's some pics that hubby took the other day of the cladding. I'm stalking the build tomorrow as we pull fence pailings down.

I was thinking of the front fence to be bricked in the same bricks as the house with the same bricks as the house, something similar to this....

But I have found out in the last couple of days that they are not going to make our brick anymore. So will go back to just the aluminum fence idea, at least it will be cheaper.

Hubby says that there was someone onsite today that had a lot of folders with them. I'm hoping that this person is measuring up the wardrobe sliding doors, mirrors and all the shower screens.

Oh we broke the bad news to the kids this week, that as we don't have to share their bathroom, then we are not cleaning it or their loo. Should have seen the horror in their faces. My daughter was quick to say "I'm cleaning the shower", then looks at her brother and says "You get the loo". Gotta love them.

Starting to fret a little with the flooring, window furnishings and fencing. These really need to go in before we move in, so need to get quotes for floors, decide on the windows and front fence.

I'm off to find a bottle of wine and some cheese to just chill for a while..... oh and take some deep breaths. Might do a yoga class on Sunday to get centered again. It's been a crazy crazy week.

Got to ask - how is everyone's house going?
I was surprised at the number of reads my ramblings has.

Cheers everyone! 🍷
Rachael13
Within a space of just under 24hrs apart we received our lock up invoice and our fixing invoice - so nice of Henley to send these so quickly.

Top level has had the bricks cleaned and the bottom level is booked to be completed 9 March. This means for the garage wall on the boundry the fence pailings have to be fully removed. Guess what we are doing tomorrow.

Had a call from our SS and the bedroom ceiling and garage wall will not be plastered in time for the prepaint\fixing\waterproofing inspection that we have booked on Tuesday next week, but we are still going to proceed with this. Really how much can you stuff up two walls.... famous last words I know. But we do have another inspection along the way, which this can be reviewed.

Here's some pics that hubby took the other day of the cladding. I'm stalking the build tomorrow as we pull fence pailings down.

I was thinking of the front fence to be bricked in the same bricks as the house with the same bricks as the house, something similar to this....

But I have found out in the last couple of days that they are not going to make our brick anymore. So will go back to just the aluminum fence idea, at least it will be cheaper.

Hubby says that there was someone onsite today that had a lot of folders with them. I'm hoping that this person is measuring up the wardrobe sliding doors, mirrors and all the shower screens.

Oh we broke the bad news to the kids this week, that as we don't have to share their bathroom, then we are not cleaning it or their loo. Should have seen the horror in their faces. My daughter was quick to say "I'm cleaning the shower", then looks at her brother and says "You get the loo". Gotta love them.

Starting to fret a little with the flooring, window furnishings and fencing. These really need to go in before we move in, so need to get quotes for floors, decide on the windows and front fence.

I'm off to find a bottle of wine and some cheese to just chill for a while..... oh and take some deep breaths. Might do a yoga class on Sunday to get centered again. It's been a crazy crazy week.

Cheers everyone!

You house is coming along nicely. How was the brick cleaning? I’ve heard a few people in the new estates complaining of issues (too much acids, rusted lintels, mortar blowout).
I’ve noticed the trades in the kdr are a bit better than the ones in the outer estates. I guess there’s so much demand at the moment there’s plenty of work.
Getting Henley to do the flooring, window coverings and driveway makes life so much easier but I can’t justify their markups. It’s a pain doing all these things after handover but the savings and the better quality (I feel) outweigh the stress.

firsttime_homies1401
Rachael13
Within a space of just under 24hrs apart we received our lock up invoice and our fixing invoice - so nice of Henley to send these so quickly.

Cheers everyone!

You house is coming along nicely. How was the brick cleaning? I’ve heard a few people in the new estates complaining of issues (too much acids, rusted lintels, mortar blowout).
I’ve noticed the trades in the kdr are a bit better than the ones in the outer estates. I guess there’s so much demand at the moment there’s plenty of work.
Getting Henley to do the flooring, window coverings and driveway makes life so much easier but I can’t justify their markups. It’s a pain doing all these things after handover but the savings and the better quality (I feel) outweigh the stress.

I know that due to being in the Western Suburbs the trades that I'm getting are the same that are on the estates as they are not so far apart, so the quality is just the same.

The brick clean on the top half, that I have looked is quite good, there are some mortar blowouts and I haven't checked the lintels yet. As for to much acid, we don't have coloured bricks, colour is all the way thru, so not concerns with the colour being stripped. As we removed the fencing on the boundary, the bottom half of the garage bricking is a nightmare though, I'll get some pics up later today. SS has his job cut out to get this fixed.

Yeah - your right there is so much building around, that there is no enough trades. We had to wait for brickies to finish one job before they come to our site. Our neighbour is not building with a volume builder and is struggling to get trades. Their slab was down a couple of months before our and their frames is not even completed yet.

No way were we getting flooring or window covering complete by Henley, we know that for less price, we can get a higher grade of both carpet and laminate. But the driveway and path to the front door, I'm happy to pay the inflated price only because we will be moving back and the last thing that I want is the lovely clay soil that we have to be constantly walked through the house. This was something that we were even going to entertain not getting Henley to complete. We need at least one or two entries to the house where we can get in cleanly
Here is the lovely bricking on our garage wall - What do you think? Words escape me to describe the lower half that was hidden behind the fence.

The top half with it's brick wash completed is lovely.

But this cross section lower down - sigh.........

Here's another peek at the perfect workmanship, NOT!

So glad that we decided to take out the palings so that the whole wall could get a wash, otherwise this gem would have been lost.

I have emailed Henley and will see that their comments are, and if this is in tolerance, and at display home standard! I don't think so.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum